Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

David O'Day

I think the markets are just getting a bit jittery at the idea of loads of people not going in to work. I'm still not too worried about the virus, it seems to spread pretty rapidly but the fatality rate is reasonably low and providing you don't have any underlying health concerns it seems similar to the flu.
It seems to have a mortality rate half that of the seasonal flu and if you remove the confirmed China cases even less. It most people it will be a mild virus only

Liquid Gold

I think the word 'pandemic' has people flustered. I had swine flu when that went round in 2009(?) it was a rough bed bound flu for a couple of days but then two weeks off uni. I can't see how this is any different.

Sick Boy

I think the word 'pandemic' has people flustered. I had swine flu when that went round in 2009(?) it was a rough bed bound flu for a couple of days but then two weeks off uni. I can't see how this is any different.
It’s not a pandemic and it’s no different.

David O'Day

I had that one, in bed with tami flu but that was all. This seems to be weaker just easier to spread from human to human

Liquid Gold

I think it's fair enough to do all they can to stop it spreading to protect the vulnerable but it seems like loads of people are losing their shit.

Macca

This all seems like insanity. Trying to stop it seems fairly fruitless and it’s less dangerous than seasonal flu. I’m sure I’m showing my ignorance but don’t we just let it do it’s thing and crack on?

wingy

This all seems like insanity. Trying to stop it seems fairly fruitless and it’s less dangerous than seasonal flu. I’m sure I’m showing my ignorance but don’t we just let it do it’s thing and crack on?
It's got the potential to be 20 times more lethal than regular flu.

LastGarrison

That’s beyond ridiculous.
That was the official advice given to him from 111 and for me I have one member of my team who is pregnant and another with underlying health issues so not prepared to take the risk.

Plus from a business point of view he can do pretty much everything he can do at the office from home anyway so it’s a no brainer for me.

Sick Boy

That was the official advice given to him from 111 and for me I have one member of my team who is pregnant and another with underlying health issues so not prepared to take the risk.

Plus from a business point of view he can do pretty much everything he can do at the office from home anyway so it’s a no brainer for me.
It wasn't a dig at you more the general advice given by 111 - it's been massively whipped up and is out of proportion.

Liquid Gold

I’m going to Paris next week. Might come back with “symptoms” and get a couple of weeks on the PlayStation.

Grendel

I think it's fair enough to do all they can to stop it spreading to protect the vulnerable but it seems like loads of people are losing their shit.

No I don’t really see the difference - that killed a lot of people and there were more cases that the Spanish flu but now anti biotics clearly del with most severe cases

Sbarcher

Given up watching the news for a while, floods and coronavirus is all we hear about now.

Liquid Gold

I have a theory we should stop trying to constrain it, and get it done before it mutates into something far worse!
I think they're trying to get through to the warm weather before 'letting it loose' as the heat will kill most of it off.

Apparently It's over the hump in China already.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I can't get my head around it tbh.....the massive over-reaction by governments, authorities & the fueling of hysteria by the media has me well puzzled.....
....Initially I thought the Chinese govt. were downplaying the numbers involved & trying to hide the severity of it, but now its gone global, there is clearly no way its a cover-up & although it has a higher mortality rate than seasonal flu, the symptoms for most folk appear milder than seasonal flu.

Imagine the UK trying to "lock down" a city.....ha ha....no fucking chance....theres not enough police to answer 999 calls, let alone trying to enforce a curfew.
Finally, I think I'd rather risk arrest than stay holed up in that tenerife hotel.....fuck that.

Users who are viewing this thread