Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

ccfc92

I'm in London on Saturday, that will be interesting...

Otis

The Brum one is probably linked to my daughter's school.

They took a girl away in an ambulance today, apparently showing symptoms. Could be the same family.

Sick Boy

Supposed to have been going to NY in a couple of weeks but had to cancel because of American Americans cancelling flights from Milan, the hysteria around it is all actually incredible. It's amazing how the media can whip people up into a frenzy.

hill83

I'm the same, but with bicycle seats after the women's time trials.

giphy.gif

ccfc92

How are all the religious people going to be passing the goblet of wine around at mass?

Surely the cloth they wipe it with, wouldn't be suffiecient?

ccfc92

Supposed to have been going to NY in a couple of weeks but had to cancel because of American Americans cancelling flights from Milan, the hysteria around it is all actually incredible. It's amazing how the media can whip people up into a frenzy.

Should have bought shares in hand sanitiser and shit tickets :( :greedy:

hill83

Might as well post this in both coronavirus threads for extra smug points:

I’d argue though that the need to be cynical and know more than the experts being demonstrated here may catch a few people out.

The usual rags are pumping out nonsense but that doesn’t mean there is no cause for concern.

ccfc92

Might as well post this in both coronavirus threads for extra smug points:

I’d argue though that the need to be cynical and know more than the experts being demonstrated here may catch a few people out.

The usual rags are pumping out nonsense butthat doesn’t mean there is no cause for concern.

Unless it mutates, then it should just be a case of the young/elderly and the sick having to be extra careful.

It doesn't sound much worse than a normal flu (even though flu is pretty bad).

Covstu

It’s caused so much shit at work, people panicking unnecessarily although I think in about a month we will have more problems as the cases rise. I booked a holiday to Italy in April! Looks like I won’t be going but need to play it out so they cancel the trip!

ccfc92

I work in a company of around 30 people. Someone came back from Italy with a sore throat, so someone else in the office signed themselves off for 2 weeks....

Sick Boy

It’s caused so much shit at work, people panicking unnecessarily although I think in about a month we will have more problems as the cases rise. I booked a holiday to Italy in April! Looks like I won’t be going but need to play it out so they cancel the trip!
There's no reason whatsoever to fear coming here, nothing in my daily life has changed whatsoever, seriously.

Covkid1968#

Got called into a meeting at work to tell us all that Brum has its first case....

Covstu

There's no reason whatsoever to fear coming here, nothing in my daily life has changed whatsoever, seriously.
I agree but you will have various pools of people, 1) the usual panicking people 2) the people who will take the opportunity to take the piss and 3) people who will still come into work even if they are actually ill

not sure if it’s now more in line with social media culture that this whole thing has been blown out of proportion ore than other viruses but it’s starting to drain my workday!

Sick Boy

I agree but you will have various pools of people, 1) the usual panicking people 2) the people who will take the opportunity to take the piss and 3) people who will still come into work even if they are actually ill

not sure if it’s now more in line with social media culture that this whole thing has been blown out of proportion ore than other viruses but it’s starting to drain my workday!
I have had messages more or less everyday for the last 2 week asking how I am coping with the situation here. I am not sure what people think is going on but nothing is any different whatsoever apart from there's been the first few days of rain since December.

Where are you planning on going in Italy?

ccfc92

I have had messages more or less everyday for the last 2 week asking how I am coping with the situation here. I am not sure what people think is going on but nothing is any different whatsoever apart from there's been the first few days of rain since December.

Where are you planning on going in Italy?

I imagined it was like this... :p

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread