Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (6 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

yes, so that is an anomaly the other way, but the "knocked off your bike" was removed from the count today as yes it was nonsense, that is why it was removed . Please read up . This was only in England not the rest of the uk. Basically over time the death rate from covid would have been 100% as eventually they would have all died. This is removing this anomaly

That's a crank site

fernandopartridge

"A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later,"

you really are in a different world

And you also think it acceptable to insult . I suggest you both open your mind and educate yourself - as from all of your posts, there is something clearly lacking

Previously anyone who has ever tested positive for the virus in England was automatically counted as a coronavirus death when they died,
You are wrong

David O'Day

beyond words.......

Basically if you ever had covid and at some point died you were included irrespective of how you died. Even if you were knocked over by a bus. (was what I said)

So your evidence that someone was definitely added to the cogvid death total after being run over by a bus (is what you translated that into)

Hopefully you can see the failure in your comprehension

so to not mess with your condition further I will say, yes you are of course right. Thankyou so much for pointing this out - well done. Note to self (must do better)

You've just spent about 4 posts arguing that people were included after being hit by a bus and now when you have been made to look a c**t you are pretending you did not do what you spent 4 or 5 posts doing.

Mate you are normally a joke but this a new level of stupid even for you.

David O'Day

I would now like to ask why someone who dies of a heart attack should not be included as viruses have been shown to caused myocarditis which a definite cause of heart failure?

ajsccfc

The guy who wants a partner to watch dogs go at it is fascinating, yet I'm drawn to the person whose dislikes solely mention Indiana Jones. There's a trauma there

chiefdave

Hang on a second. Is this just the daily figure out out by Public Health England that has been changed?

People have been pointing to excess deaths and the ONS stats as more accurate since this began.

Still it’s a nice distraction for the government rather than having to actually deal with the issue

shmmeee

Hang on a second. Is this just the daily figure out out by Public Health England that has been changed?

People have been pointing to excess deaths and the ONS stats as more accurate since this began.

Still it’s a nice distraction for the government rather than having to actually deal with the issue

Yeah it’s more PR bollocks. The same number of people are dead they’re just trying to wriggle out of responsibility for it. And people like Sam are eating it up because otherwise they’d have to accept voting in the worst government in U.K. history because they said they’d Brexit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No, the deaths still occurred and they've just put an arbitrary time limit of 28 days from infection when a death that a doctor has recorded was caused by COVID-19 can be included in the stats. It's the usual smoke and mirror tactic.

There are some people that were in hospital with this for months, so there will also be people who died specifically from coronavirus who aren't counted now as well.

fernandopartridge

No data being published by PHE today due to a glitch (I guess they haven't set up the algorithm to remove the 28 day + infected from today's figures)

Separately, just saw a Critical Care Consultant on twitter saying that they're starting to see re-admissions from home of people previously discharged from ICU. Flies in the face of the preposterous 28 day limit doesn't it?

xcraigx

300 positive tests in a sandwich factory in Northampton. All of whom work there so I would guess there will be plenty of family and friends also being confirmed in the next few days.

Off the top of my head we've had breakouts in meat processing factories in Wrexham and Anglesey too in recent weeks - places that you would imagine have had to follow social distancing particularly carefully. Is this a sign of how easily and quickly the virus will spread in the cooler winter climate?

Evo1883

300 positive tests in a sandwich factory in Northampton. All of whom work there so I would guess there will be plenty of family and friends also being confirmed in the next few days.

Off the top of my head we've had breakouts in meat processing factories in Wrexham and Anglesey too in recent weeks - places that you would imagine have had to follow social distancing particularly carefully. Is this a sign of how easily and quickly the virus will spread in the cooler winter climate?

I'd check Australia etc for that answer (haven't myself) but they have swing from summer to autumn during this so we'd get a better answer from that region

Saddlebrains

No for me its another sign that we have to get on with it because social distancing doesnt take place in a lot of places of work

My place isn't the greatest. I know a few people who work in a factory where its near enough non existent.

Look at the Ricoh tesco outbreak. The amount of staff needed in places like that and the close contact its inevitable its going to happen.

As long as you're in work the big corps dont give a shit. I'd rather not hazard a guess at the amount of people with symptoms who try and hide said symptoms because they cant afford 2 weeks statutory sick pay also.

NorthernWisdom

No for me its another sign that we have to get on with it because social distancing doesnt take place in a lot of places of work
Mrs Wightman said Greencore had "highly effective measures in place and they continue to work extremely hard to exceed the requirements needed to be Covid-19 secure within the workplace".

She said the outbreak was "about how people behave outside of Greencore, not at work," adding if people failed to follow the rules "a possible local lockdown will follow".

Saddlebrains

Have you read the article?

Yes i have. But its suits your rhetoric doesnt it. Like when something anti tory is posted it must be nailed on truth. ( and im neither labour mor tory, couldnt give a fuck)

End of the day, speak to people working in sectors such as retail, warehousing, delivery, childcare. Basically anything that isnt office based.

To the outside its all 'Covid certified safe'.

Is it bollocks. It's nigh on impossible without shedding a shitload of staff

NorthernWisdom

End of the day, speak to people working in sectors such as retail, warehousing, delivery, childcare. Basically anything that isnt office based.
I work in a non office based environment. Got friends too, amazingly enough. I haven't even said anything about this, but you apopear to be talking about something completely different to this article. It suggests you're just jumping on something to peddle your nonsense again, and it seems to suit your rhetoric to ignore completely everything that article says.

All I've done is quote things from the article and it seems to make you curiously angry. I guess it must do so when you were the one coming up with the bullshit about it going away... you seem to just want to carry on as normal and fuck anyone else.

Oh, and Northamptonshire County Council is Tory controlled. If I wanted to just slag off Tories, I'd be saying that the council were bullshitting...

Last edited:

wingy

Tbf I'm inclined to see saddles point on this.
Internationally there have been cases too .And farming.
Sure some will have done thing's outside of work the Gov't has deened ok .
When its endemic in a workplace across most staff something is wrong .
Demographic of staff probably younger ,female? Maybe , ethnically diverse maybe?
Low paid yes.
No support if not working.
I think we Owe as much to these people who've kept the supply chains going as much as to the medics in all honesty .
Shouldn't forget that.

David O'Day

Yes i have. But its suits your rhetoric doesnt it. Like when something anti tory is posted it must be nailed on truth. ( and im neither labour mor tory, couldnt give a fuck)

To the outside its all 'Covid certified safe'.

Is it bollocks. It's nigh on impossible without shedding a shitload of staff

If you read the article why did you attribute the words of the LA's director of public health to the " spokesman for a company trying to cover its arse "?

NorthernWisdom

Tbf I'm inclined to see saddles point on this.
Internationally there have been cases too .And farming.
Sure some will have done thing's outside of work the Gov't has deened ok .
When its endemic in a workplace across most staff something is wrong .
Demographic of staff probably younger ,female? Maybe , ethnically diverse maybe?
Low paid yes.
No support if not working.
I think we Owe as much to these people who've kept the supply chains going as much as to the medics in all honesty .
Shouldn't forget that.
I'm not even saying that though! I'm saying a lockdown is planned to cut it back if things don't improve, and it's not just the factory that's at fault, but it's Northampton people relaxing outside too.

(In fact, that's close to the Tory narrative, if you really like it, but my point is it ain't going away, and we can't just go back to normal).

I'm saying if cases rise, we have to shut down to stop them rising anymore, instead of sticking our fingers in our ears and deciding it's going away because it suits us to say that because we don't want to lockdown again!

I mean, he could at least have read the article before commenting on something completely different!

Saddlebrains

Article or not, my point stands, im not getting into an argument about it.

An absolute shit tonne of companies are not doing as they say they are to the outside world to follow regs. This needs clamping down on.

And as i say, how many people with a cough or sniffle are going to work anyway as losing 2 weeks full pay can result in them not being able to pay bills? Holes in the system everywhere

shmmeee

Article or not, my point stands, im not getting into an argument about it.

An absolute shit tonne of companies are not doing as they say they are to the outside world to follow regs. This needs clamping down on.

And as i say, how many people with a cough or sniffle are going to work anyway as losing 2 weeks full pay can result in them not being able to pay bills? Holes in the system everywhere

That was a problem even before COVID. I’m fairly certain I had it and was left with bronchitis as well right at the start, just before lockdown. I was told in no uncertain terms I wasn’t allowed to self isolate. There’s a ridiculous culture of presenteeism and being in the office at all costs. At least the latter seems to have calmed down.

Sky Blue Pete

That was a problem even before COVID. I’m fairly certain I had it and was left with bronchitis as well right at the start, just before lockdown. I was told in no uncertain terms I wasn’t allowed to self isolate. There’s a ridiculous culture of presenteeism and being in the office at all costs. At least the latter seems to have calmed down.
Absolutely right!!!

also what were the figures for yesterday? High 1000?

fernandopartridge

The rational approach is that people coming into the office with a sniffle should be ostracised, not the other way around.

NorthernWisdom

The rational approach is that people coming into the office with a sniffle should be ostracised, not the other way around.
I'd assume as it is now, people will *have* to be off, with even the slightest thing.

Could be where small public facing businesses struggle to stay open, even if they're allowed to. I'm third reserve to go in, and they're already down to two of the reserves in. Not sure what happens if two more are absent!

Users who are viewing this thread