Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (21 Viewers)

Marty

Woke up this morning with an absolutely outrageous fever, my bedding was dripping wet and could feel beads of sweat running down all over my body as I made the arduous journey to the bathroom. Got my test booked in and went first thing this morning, they proper ram the swab down your throat and up your nose. took about 15 minutes to go through the process.

Sky Blue Pete

Woke up this morning with an absolutely outrageous fever, my bedding was dripping wet and could feel beads of sweat running down all over my body as I made the arduous journey to the bathroom. Got my test booked in and went first thing this morning, they proper ram the swab down your throat and up your nose. took about 15 minutes to go through the process.
Ouch

clint van damme

good luck, hopefully something minor and non covid.

NorthernWisdom

I was genuinely wondering in this weather how you'd know if you were running a mighty temperature or not!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s everything to do with it but why are we the worst affected? Any thoughts?

It's been handled appallingly, no question.

I still think this would have happened any which way. I have no faith in any party to have done a better job. Worrying in itself.

I would also go as far as to say there will be many other countries heading in the same financial situation too.

fernandopartridge

All the best, when do you get the results?

Sky Blue Pete

Anneliese Dodds

@AnnelieseDodds

·
2h

Drop in GDP, Apr-Jun 2020

🇩🇪

-10.1%

🇪🇺

-11.9%

🇧🇪

-12.2%

🇮🇹

-12.4%

🇫🇷

-13.8%

🇵🇹

-14.1%

🇬🇧

-20.4% We’ve already got the worst excess death rate in Europe. Now we’re on course for the worst recession too. A downturn was inevitable after lockdown - Johnson’s jobs crisis wasn’t.

Sky Blue Pete

We had advanced notice of this virus, saw what happened in Italy. The Conservatives still thought they'd put pounds before people and totally fucked it.
And caused more issues for the economy in any case. I’m still not sure it’s clear what their plan is.
Clearly herd immunity was the initial thought till someone said are you sure you don’t mind 500000 people dying. Then it was manage the nhs and make sure it doesn’t get over run. They succeeded with this but it appears the nhs was pretty much shut to anything other than Covid and a and e. So maybe a cautious success. Then it was clearly get everything back up and running and there was and is a plan but it’s really random in lots of ways. There are rumours that 1000 infections and 100 deaths is ok every day until we get a vaccine. I don’t recall seeing that.

parliament isn’t sitting, there’s no press conferences. It’s such a mess I’m totally confused. I’m really happy that I can swim and go to the gym and walk the dog and work from home but there must be thousands and thousands of people who are really struggling and need some clarity on what to expect over the next 3 months.

NorthernWisdom

SkyBlueDom26

Worst recession ever then, shows that another complete lockdown won’t work we need to learn to live with it until we get a vaccine

David O'Day

Worst recession ever then, shows that another complete lockdown won’t work we need to learn to live with it until we get a vaccine

FFS we've caused that by our half hearted late lockdown shit show of a response.

We never had a complete lockdown, if we did we would be like New Zealand and only having to worry about a handful of cases.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We had advanced notice of this virus, saw what happened in Italy. The Conservatives still thought they'd put pounds before people and totally fucked it.

They let the virus get a foothold to 'save' the economy and yet we've had the largest downturn out of everyone. How incompetent do you have to be to have the most deaths from a disease despite arguably being in a very strong position as an island and with advance warning and yet also manage to suffer the most economically?

It's like real-life apprentice watching a load of braggards and blowhards making shit decision after shit decision because they've got absolutely no sense. Why do we keep on letting people like this have power?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bollocks. It shows the way the economy is run has zero flexibility and resilience and needs a complete rethink away from an obsession with growth, 'imaginary' money and financial services/stocks and shares.

Skybluefaz

They let the virus get a foothold to 'save' the economy and yet we've had the largest downturn out of everyone. How incompetent do you have to be to have the most deaths from a disease despite arguably being in a very strong position as an island and with advance warning and yet also manage to suffer the most economically?

It's like real-life apprentice watching a load of braggards and blowhards making shit decision after shit decision because they've got absolutely no sense. Why do we keep on letting people like this have power?
I wish I had the answer.

skybluetony176

Certainly won’t be locking down again though will we?
I wouldn’t rule it out. I also wouldn’t rule out it being too late again, not hard enough again, more drawn out again and leading to the deepest recession of all the developed countries again.

This is a government of a party purged of intellect at the last election. They’ll learn nothing from this.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not officially, we may get to a stage were there are so many "local" lockdowns we are basically in lockdown.

As I've said before another part of their strategy to lay the blame on others. Loads of local ,lockdowns that are unpopular - "not us, it's each area's individual decision". If it works "all our decision to put these lockdowns in place where necessary". Absolute chancers the lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread