Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (18 Viewers)

David O'Day

As I've said before another part of their strategy to lay the blame on others. Loads of local ,lockdowns that are unpopular - "not us, it's each area's individual decision". If it works "all our decision to put these lockdowns in place where necessary". Absolute chancers the lot of them.

problem with there logic there is it is the DHSC that calls the local lockdowns

fernandopartridge

And caused more issues for the economy in any case. I’m still not sure it’s clear what their plan is.
Clearly herd immunity was the initial thought till someone said are you sure you don’t mind 500000 people dying. Then it was manage the nhs and make sure it doesn’t get over run. They succeeded with this but it appears the nhs was pretty much shut to anything other than Covid and a and e. So maybe a cautious success. Then it was clearly get everything back up and running and there was and is a plan but it’s really random in lots of ways. There are rumours that 1000 infections and 100 deaths is ok every day until we get a vaccine. I don’t recall seeing that.

parliament isn’t sitting, there’s no press conferences. It’s such a mess I’m totally confused. I’m really happy that I can swim and go to the gym and walk the dog and work from home but there must be thousands and thousands of people who are really struggling and need some clarity on what to expect over the next 3 months.
I posted the 1k infections on here, it came from a Sage paper, have a look back

David O'Day

Manage to write off 5k deaths and we are still by far the worst in Europe
Resign Boris you useless c**t

David O'Day

What’s the reason?

Crying tories some guff about the covid-19 positive being too long before death. Stupid given what we know about long covid .

This means if covid-19 weakened your heart or lungs and you died of this but died more than 28 days after the test you aren't counted anymore

skybluesam66

Basically if you ever had covid and at some point died you were included irrespective of how you died. Even if you were knocked over by a bus.

skybluesam66

I don’t know what you’ve been reading or who you’ve been listening too but you need to find a new outlet for information.
Exactly the same just been on BBC news - I suspect you need to check your source!!

skybluetony176

Exactly the same just been on BBC news - I suspect you need to check your source!!

No they didn’t. If you get knocked of your bike it’s not recorded as a Covid death, that’s just nonsense. If you just watched BBC you would have seen someone who died of complications from Covid 4 weeks after being diagnosed with Covid in hospital having never left hospital, his death is no longer considered a Covid death because it took him longer than 28 days to die. If anything this highlights that other parts of the U.K. wasn’t recording deaths correctly and probably helps explain the gulf between Covid reported deaths and excess deaths. All the government has done is take an opportunity to make that gulf larger.

skybluesam66

No they didn’t. If you get knocked of your bike it’s not recorded as a Covid death, that’s just nonsense. If you just watched BBC you would have seen someone who died of complications from Covid 4 weeks after being diagnosed with Covid in hospital having never left hospital, his death is no longer considered a Covid death because it took him longer than 28 days to die. If anything this highlights that other parts of the U.K. wasn’t recording deaths correctly and probably helps explain the gulf between Covid reported deaths and excess deaths. All the government has done is take an opportunity to make that gulf larger.
yes, so that is an anomaly the other way, but the "knocked off your bike" was removed from the count today as yes it was nonsense, that is why it was removed . Please read up . This was only in England not the rest of the uk. Basically over time the death rate from covid would have been 100% as eventually they would have all died. This is removing this anomaly

Last edited:

David O'Day

You need to learn to read kid

David O'Day

yes, so that is an anomaly the other way, but the "knocked off your bike" was removed from the count today as yes it was nonsense, that is why it was removed . Please read up . This was only in England not the rest of the uk. Basically over time the death rate from covid would have been 100% as eventually they would have all died. This is removing this anomaly

That doesn't say anyone was included because they were run over by a bus or knocked off a bike.

skybluesam66

That doesn't say anyone was included because they were run over by a bus or knocked off a bike.
"A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later,"

I am clearly not reading that right then kid

Per Sky news :-

Previously anyone who has ever tested positive for the virus in England was automatically counted as a coronavirus death when they died, even if their death was likely to be caused by something else.

Per Reuters

Previously, in England, there was no cut-off time to record deaths after a positive test, leading academics to raise concerns that some people were being recorded as victims of COVID-19 when they may have died of something else.

David O'Day

Nothing in what you have just posted says they actually did that. Your reading comprehension is sub primary school.

As I said it does not say anyone was actually recorded in the figures after dying in RTA.

skybluesam66

"A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later,"

you really are in a different world

And you also think it acceptable to insult . I suggest you both open your mind and educate yourself - as from all of your posts, there is something clearly lacking

Previously anyone who has ever tested positive for the virus in England was automatically counted as a coronavirus death when they died,

David O'Day

The bit you highlighted doesn't day any was it gives a hypothetical scenario. It does not say anyone actually did.

It's hypothetical and it doesn't claim that anyone was listed after being hit by a bus. The sentence could of read as below and meant the same thing as the sentence doesn't actually claim anyone was listed after being hit by a bus 3 months later.

"A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were abducted by aliens"

Come back to me when you can read.

skybluesam66

The bit you highlighted doesn't day any was it gives a hypothetical scenario. It does not say anyone actually did.

It's hypothetical and it doesn't claim that anyone was listed after being hit by a bus. The sentence could of read as below and meant the same thing as the sentence doesn't actually claim anyone was listed after being hit by a bus 3 months later.

"A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a COVID death even if they had a heart attack or were abducted by aliens"

Come back to me when you can read.
Please read the bottom sentence in my quote. It doesnt specifically say a bus - but does say however you die it was treated as Covid
The bus was an example - I know people on the scale do struggle with examples

if you are struggling with that I despair at education in this country

At least your grades will be on triple lock

David O'Day

Please read the bottom sentence in my quote
if you are struggling with that I despair at education in this country

At least your grades will be on triple lock

" Previously anyone who has ever tested positive for the virus in England was automatically counted as a coronavirus death "

You mean this sentence that doesn't even mention buses?

Can you prove anyone who had coronavirus was actually run over by a bus if you want to take this equally flawed line? According to the ONJS 1748 people were killed in RTAs in 2019. If we say 10% of them were caused by buses (which is a massive over estimation) then 175 people were killed by buses in 2018 which equates to about 14.6 people dying after being run over by a bus each month in 2019. If we take the months of April, May, June and July then at that rate about 58.5 people were run over by a bus. What is the likelyhood that any of those 58 and a half people had ever had covid-19? This is without factoring in the every decling number of deaths in RTAs, the fact you are more likely to get run over in darker winter months and the fact that less people are out and about to be run over which means the actual number of people run over by a bus in the allotted time period is a fraction of that.

So your evidence that someone was definitely added to the cogvid death total after being run over by a bus is a) a hypothetical sentence and the vague chance that some was run over by a bus after contracting covid-19.

This education system you mock seemed to have clearly failed you.

skybluesam66

beyond words.......

Basically if you ever had covid and at some point died you were included irrespective of how you died. Even if you were knocked over by a bus. (was what I said)

So your evidence that someone was definitely added to the cogvid death total after being run over by a bus (is what you translated that into)

Hopefully you can see the failure in your comprehension

so to not mess with your condition further I will say, yes you are of course right. Thankyou so much for pointing this out - well done. Note to self (must do better)

Users who are viewing this thread