Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (17 Viewers)

covmark

We’ve just had a big mental health initiative at work alongside new t&c’s where you don’t get paid for your first 3 days off sick no matter what. Covid or not. Not been a thing for the last 15 years. Absolute jokers.

I’m relatively settled money wise but that’s encouraging me to come in if I feel ill. With what’s going on right now it’s absolutely fucking stupid.
Our company policy before covid was unpaid first 3 days sick. Since March, it's been from day one if you have covid symptoms. Even paying sick pay for quarantine after a holiday, as long as the holiday was booked pre May 28th.

Seems harsh for your company to go the other way.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Our company policy before covid was unpaid first 3 days sick. Since March, it's been from day one if you have covid symptoms. Even paying sick pay for quarantine after a holiday, as long as the holiday was booked pre May 28th.

Seems harsh for your company to go the other way.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah we have changed to if you are self isolating it's full pay up to 14 days

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

Yeah we have changed to if you are self isolating it's full pay up to 14 days

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Some companies are great with it, but there's some utter pricks out there. I have to live payday to payday ( not proud of it) but i cant afford 2 weeks no pay/SSP so if i had symptoms i have to decide between the morally right thing or getting in shut financially.

Shouldn't be like that in a pandemic

Sky Blue Pete

Some companies are great with it, but there's some utter pricks out there. I have to live payday to payday ( not proud of it) but i cant afford 2 weeks no pay/SSP so if i had symptoms i have to decide between the morally right thing or getting in shut financially.

Shouldn't be like that in a pandemic
You won’t get a choice if you are poorly

NorthernWisdom

skybluetony176

Apparently the murmurs coming out of SAGE are that the country’s R rate is believed to be back above 1 again. If there’s any truth in that get ready for a return to lockdown. Just hope the government isn’t slow to react again.

wingy

Williamson has all the gravitas of Grayling.
But they have a majority of 80, it's the holiday season and they can do what they want.
Even things up!!

clint van damme

There used to be a joke when I was teaching about “staircase marking” where you threw the stack of coursework at the top of the stairs and those that land at the bottom get an A and those at the top an E.

It’s not a million miles off the algorithm used by OfQual.

so that's why I left school with such shit results, I knew the truancy, suspensions etc wasn't the real explanation.

chiefdave

Apparently the murmurs coming out of SAGE are that the country’s R rate is believed to be back above 1 again. If there’s any truth in that get ready for a return to lockdown. Just hope the government isn’t slow to react again.
We've been told for weeks one of the keys is to stay below 1,000 infections a day. In the last week we've passed that on 5 days including 1,441 yesterday. The government completely ignored that and eased the restrictions in place so I wouldn't have too much confidence they will respond to the R number increasing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We've been told for weeks one of the keys is to stay below 1,000 infections a day. In the last week we've passed that on 5 days including 1,441 yesterday. The government completely ignored that and eased the restrictions in place so I wouldn't have too much confidence they will respond to the R number increasing.

It's like if the R number/infections rises they've decided quarantine from more destinations will sort it, seemingly oblivious to the fact that if infections are rising it means it's already spreading here.

Whether they're just actually that stupid or it just plays to their crowd - don't infringe my rights, blame it all on the foreigners - I don't know. Probably a bit from column A and a bit from column B.

Sky Blue Pete

Half don’t give a shit and will follow their own common sense the other half are scared witless.
I’m beyond thinking I can protect others including my close family and am just protecting those in my house and those I love

Marty

Had my results back the same day, saying they were inconclusive, so went back again on the same day for a retest (Wednesday), just gave them a call as I hadn't received anything and they haven't even bothered to complete the work their side, have another upto 48 hour wait for my results, meaning if they come back inconclusive again, I'm outside of the 5 days time frame for a retest. Bunch of amateurs.

clint van damme

Had my results back the same day, saying they were inconclusive, so went back again on the same day for a retest (Wednesday), just gave them a call as I hadn't received anything and they haven't even bothered to complete the work their side, have another upto 48 hour wait for my results, meaning if they come back inconclusive again, I'm outside of the 5 days time frame for a retest. Bunch of amateurs.

Inconclusive? I thought they'd be able to give you a yes or no.

Marty

Inconclusive? I thought they'd be able to give you a yes or no.

There's 3, Positive, negative, & inconclusive.

I've just had the results confirming a negative. Even though I was displaying classic signs and still do.

clint van damme

There's 3, Positive, negative, & inconclusive.

I've just had the results confirming a negative. Even though I was displaying classic signs and still do.

well hopefully that's the end of it as far as Covid is concerned and what you've got is just a bug.

fernandopartridge

The brilliance of the private sector coming to provide more NHS services soon

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Absolute fucking shambles. A scourge on every fucker that voted for these c***s

What's even more annoying is that they've mainly downgraded schools in poorer areas whereas 'posher' schools haven't been. Yet if anyone's more likely to have fiddled the grades it's those schools where the parents have the ability to give the teachers the 'incentive' to do so.

And once again they were given warning of the outcome with how it went in Scotland.

They're now not just privately against social mobility they're publicly trying to prevent it and couldn't give a fuck.

Last edited:

shmmeee

What's even more annoying is that they've mainly downgraded schools in poorer areas whereas 'posher' schools haven't been. Yet if anyone's more likely to have fiddled the grades it's those schools where the parents have the ability to give the teachers the 'incentive' to do so.

And once again they were given warning of the outcome with how it went in Scotland.

There now not just privately against social mobility they're publicly trying to prevent it and couldn't give a fuck.

The logic about cohort size is such bollocks. Like teachers of classes of 20 don’t know their kids inside out. It’s just punishing poor schools and popular subjects.

Has this government managed to do anything competently since it was formed? Serious question. Brexit: fucked it up by their own admission. Pandemic: fucked it both in health and economic terms. Exams: fucked it. Infrastructure spending: fucked it. Corruption: fucked it. HoL nominations: fucked it.

What are they even for? Are people seriously just supporting them to own the left at the point? I hated Thatcher Cameron and May but I could see their appeal. This bunch are too incompetent to manage brexit, too ideological and timid to “level up”.

What is the point of Boris Johnson?

skybluetony176

It’s all Corbyn’s fault

The Times not wanting to be outdone

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The logic about cohort size is such bollocks. Like teachers of classes of 20 don’t know their kids inside out. It’s just punishing poor schools and popular subjects.

Has this government managed to do anything competently since it was formed? Serious question. Brexit: fucked it up by their own admission. Pandemic: fucked it both in health and economic terms. Exams: fucked it. Infrastructure spending: fucked it. Corruption: fucked it. HoL nominations: fucked it.

What are they even for? Are people seriously just supporting them to own the left at the point? I hated Thatcher Cameron and May but I could see their appeal. This bunch are too incompetent to manage brexit, too ideological and timid to “level up”.

What is the point of Boris Johnson?

Ive been asking myself the same question. What have they done right? Even being incredibly generous I came up with the setting up of the Nightingale hospitals (even though they were never needed so you could argue that was a mistake although the way it is at the moment I expect them to be dismantled a couple of weeks before the next wave hits) and the furlough scheme, which could have been better but at least was something. And those are a small part of the pandemic which they've royally fucked up overall.

I can see the appeal of Johnson because he has character. Unfortunately that's all he is - a comedy character. But we live in the age of celebrity and personality so competence doesn't even matter. But then look beyond him and who've you got - Gove, Raab, Patel, Hancock, IDS, Grayling, Schapps, Truss. It's a shitshow. The only one who, despite being far from ideal, looked like they might have an ounce of competence was Rory Stewart and they fucked him off.

I'm not saying any of the other parties are particularly blessed with talent either but the level of incompetence in this government is bewildering. It's like they've tried to handpick the biggest bunch of charlatans they could (but with it being chosen basically on Brexit ideology and a pledge of allegiance to Johnson maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise).

They are the living embodiment of the Confuscious quote "the superior man knows what is right, the inferior man knows what will sell"

Users who are viewing this thread