Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (31 Viewers)

David O'Day

All we established is that colloquially the restrictions are referred to overall as "lockdown" and that you have a low reading comprehension as I hadn't even mentioned lockdown.

Maybe one day you will learn to be a bit more humble and then you will stop making an arse of yourself.
No you daft twat you quoted a post were I said there was no data to show we would be on total lockdown in 2 weeks.

Fuck me you thick.

Nick I know I said I wouldn't be as abusive but this c**t is coming for me so I'm going to ruin him

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Come on mate. Show me where I was wrong in that post?

Fucking camp hill tramp

David O'Day

Don't take too long. My sides are hirting from laughing.

Can you just admit you quoted a post where I wasn't actually wrong a d we can move on.

You need to be more humble yourself mate.

David O'Day

There out of hospital deaths situation is getting worse. The non hospital excess deaths will be a mixture of covid-19 care home deaths and people who needed to call 999 but didn't.

This is the real scandal now
0aa887923dbfbdd4adbe64f8d9ed6a6d.jpg

djr8369

No you daft twat you quoted a post were I said there was no data to show we would be on total lockdown in 2 weeks.

Fuck me you thick.

Nick I know I said I wouldn't be as abusive but this c**t is coming for me so I'm going to ruin him

You clearly couldn't grasp we were looking at a similar growth curve to Italy or why logarithmic scales were used.

As for you final sentence I think you need to take some time out from the internet.

djr8369

There out of hospital deaths situation is getting worse. The non hospital excess deaths will be a mixture of covid-19 care home deaths and people who needed to call 999 but didn't.

This is the real scandal now
0aa887923dbfbdd4adbe64f8d9ed6a6d.jpg

We can agree on that at least. It's a scandal but the government have established such a cult following from Brexit I fear they will shrug it off.

David O'Day

You clearly couldn't grasp we were looking at a similar growth curve to Italy or why logarithmic scales were used.

As for you final sentence I think you need to take some time out from the internet.
You daft twat please show me were I was wrong in the post you quoted? Until then you are donebere.

You tried to step up but fucked up

David O'Day

We can agree on that at least. It's a scandal but the government have established such a cult following from Brexit I fear they will shrug it off.
Please show me where I was wrong in the post you quoted? We have not entered a state of total .lockdown.

djr8369

Please show me where I was wrong in the post you quoted? We have not entered a state of total .lockdown.

If semantics is your hill to die on I think deep down you know you've fucked up. It's fine to be wrong. We've all been surprised by events recently. It's not fine to be a condescending prick to everyone constantly. Leave that to Grendel.

clint van damme

Germany on verge of reintroducing lock down measures as cases start to rise again.

Behind a pay wall in the Times but this is what I could see!

"Germany
The country may be compelled to bring back elements of its lockdown amid signs that cases are on the point of starting to grow again.

The reproduction rate, which measures how many people the average Covid-19 patient can be expected to infect, has risen back to one, according to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI), a government health agency. A value higher than one suggests that the number of new cases will rise. Angela Merkel has warned that a sustained rate of 1.2 would exhaust intensive care capacity in hospitals as early as July.

The development is likely to exacerbate divisions over the country’s coronavirus strategy. Over the past week Germany’s 16 states have begun to reopen shops, schools, zoos and, in one case,"

Not good news.

djr8369

I read 13 days this morning.
Try and check where .
Although the govt has been suggesting that it has been testing heavily there is anecdotal evidence arising that people who need to be tested aren't getting them .
That maybe because they've moved to testing in the wider community to grasp what the spread is .
Would that potentially disable the current count?

There is no evidence of this

dr can you answer my question please? I see you lurking

You were arguing we weren't on the same curve as Italy but two weeks behind so don't now try and pretend it was specifically about the type of lockdown.

Your Mum will be calling you down to tea soon so don't go getting yourself all wound up. Just try and be a bit more civil to people.

David O'Day

You were arguing we weren't on the same curve as Italy but two weeks behind so don't now try and pretend it was specifically about the type of lockdown.

Your Mum will be calling you down to tea soon so don't go getting yourself all wound up. Just try and be a bit more civil to people.
Still haven't answered the question have you? Let us not change the subject.

Please show me the data that led to a total lockdown within two weeks of that post?

As we have not had a total lockdown I would suggest it is your reading comprehension that needs working on.

Now answer my question or forever be a coward.

djr8369

Still haven't answered the question have you? Let us not change the subject.

Please show me the data that led to a total lockdown within two weeks of that post?

As we have not had a total lockdown I would suggest it is your reading comprehension that needs working on.

Now answer my question or forever be a coward.

If you want to play semantics and specifics nobody mentioned a total lockdown except you. Like with me the other day you read what you wanted to read. Here is the original post you were replying to.

Things you should know.
1. Every western country is on exactly the same track as Italy, the only variable is the date of the first case. So in two weeks time UK likely to be like Italy today

So once again it seems to be your reading comprehension at fault.

David O'Day

If you want to play semantics and specifics nobody mentioned a total lockdown except you. Like with me the other day you read what you wanted to read. Here is the original post you were replying to.

So once again it seems to be your reading comprehension at fault.
You really can't read can you. As I established in my next post i.e. the one you originally quoted I was referring to the total lockdown that was being implemented in Italy at that time.

I know you are stupid but that would be why i mentioned not being in total lockdown within 2 weeks.

Now once again it does look like you reading comprehension is somewhat lacking.

This really isn't going well for you. You decided out of nowhere to pick a fight and now you look rather foolish.

So unless as per my reply to gibbo in your original post of mine you can show is going into total lockdown I suggest you take a break for a while.

#drnofuckingbrains

David O'Day

My apologies for this wallpaper scraper who is trying to pick a fight with me.

djr8369

You really can't read can you. As I established in my next post i.e. the one you originally quoted I was referring to the total lockdown that was being implemented in Italy at that time.

I know you are stupid but that would be why i mentioned not being in total lockdown within 2 weeks.

Now once again it does look like you reading comprehension is somewhat lacking.

This really isn't going well for you. You decided out of nowhere to pick a fight and now you look rather foolish.

So unless as per my reply to gibbo in your original post of mine you can show is going into total lockdown I suggest you take a break for a while.

#drnofuckingbrains

Nobody is falling for your transparent deflections, boisterous phrases or hashtags.

David O'Day

Nobody is falling for your transparent deflections, boisterous phrases or hashtags.
What deflections? You quoted a post of mine asking for the data that would show we would be in total lockdown within 2 weeks.

Please you are now being laughed at so I ask again this question. As per the original tweet you posted can you show me the data that led to us being placed in a total lockdown 2 weeks after that post was made?

You can just admit you misread or failed to comprehend the post but it is clear to everyone that I was asking for data that would show we would be in total lockdown.

You are being laughed at.

David O'Day

Until you answer the question put to you it seems you are done here.

This data where is it?

CCFCSteve

Germany on verge of reintroducing lock down measures as cases start to rise again.

Behind a pay wall in the Times but this is what I could see!

"Germany
The country may be compelled to bring back elements of its lockdown amid signs that cases are on the point of starting to grow again.

The reproduction rate, which measures how many people the average Covid-19 patient can be expected to infect, has risen back to one, according to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI), a government health agency. A value higher than one suggests that the number of new cases will rise. Angela Merkel has warned that a sustained rate of 1.2 would exhaust intensive care capacity in hospitals as early as July.

The development is likely to exacerbate divisions over the country’s coronavirus strategy. Over the past week Germany’s 16 states have begun to reopen shops, schools, zoos and, in one case,"

Not good news.

Not good news at all Clint. Unfortunately I imagine this is going to be the case for most/all countries, at different times, as they release lockdowns. It will be a ‘suck it and see’ experiment regarding which measures can be relaxed, for how long etc etc

Germany has been a very strange case to date; amazing testing and pretty low confirmed case numbers (Similar to ours but from 2.5 to 3 times as many tests - I presume our confirmed cases are actually significantly more than theirs based on this and due to a later, and potentially more relaxed, lockdown....might be wrong though)

However, and this is a non scientific view, this ‘effectiveness’ comes with its own challenges. If a majority of people do have (at least some level of) immunity post contagion you’d imagine that a second (or further) wave will potentially spread through countries with lower actual cases quicker in future, as there’s more people to catch it.

Thats why I keep saying, until we know the numbers of people who’ve had the virus in each country, whether they are now immune from it and hopefully find a vaccine (or at least learn to better manage the spread internationally) its difficult to properly compare countries based on case numbers, death rates etc

djr8369

What deflections? You quoted a post of mine asking for the data that would show we would be in total lockdown within 2 weeks.

Please you are now being laughed at so I ask again this question. As per the original tweet you posted can you show me the data that led to us being placed in a total lockdown 2 weeks after that post was made?

You can just admit you misread or failed to comprehend the post but it is clear to everyone that I was asking for data that would show we would be in total lockdown.

You are being laughed at.

As I stated in my previous post nobody mentioned being in total lockdown but you.

You are now refuting that fact I pointed out you also argued against us being on the same curve as Italy by pointing out that you later (incorrectly) inferred people were talking about a total lockdown. Hence, deflection.

Just try and be a bit more grown up and more civil to people and they might actually engage in discussion with you.

David O'Day

But that is the question I asked.

You are now claiming I meant something completely to the question I asked?

You okay mate?

David O'Day

As I stated in my previous post nobody mentioned being in total lockdown but you.

You are now refuting that fact I pointed out you also argued against us being on the same curve as Italy by pointing out that you later (incorrectly) inferred people were talking about a total lockdown. Hence, deflection.

Just try and be a bit more grown up and more civil to people and they might actually engage in discussion with you.
I'm asking in a civil manor for you to provide the evidence I asked for in the post of mine you quoted.

All this deflecting you are doing is not hiding to everyone on here that you are not answering a simple question.

Now as you decided to out of nowhere attack me I reserve the right to mock you but answer the question.

djr8369

But that is the question I asked.

You are now claiming I meant something completely to the question I asked?

You okay mate?

I am claiming that if you want to hide behind the specifics of lockdown that is just you incorrectly inferring what was being discussed and you still tried to argue we weren't on the same curve as Italy so it's a moot point anyway.

Are you OK? You seem constantly angry and needing to show off.

David O'Day

Not good news at all Clint. Unfortunately I imagine this is going to be the case for most/all countries, at different times, as they release lockdowns. It will be a ‘suck it and see’ experiment regarding which measures can be relaxed, for how long etc etc

Germany has been a very strange case to date; amazing testing and pretty low confirmed case numbers (Similar to ours but from 2.5 to 3 times as many tests - I presume our confirmed cases are actually significantly more than theirs based on this and due to a later, and potentially more relaxed, lockdown....might be wrong though)

However, and this is a non scientific view, this ‘effectiveness’ comes with its own challenges. If a majority of people do have (at least some level of) immunity post contagion you’d imagine that a second (or further) wave will potentially spread through countries with lower actual cases quicker in future, as there’s more people to catch it.

Thats why I keep saying, until we know the numbers of people who’ve had the virus in each country, whether they are now immune from it and hopefully find a vaccine (or at least learn to better manage the spread internationally) its difficult to properly compare countries based on case numbers, death rates etc
The point about low cases having a second wave that is higher is a good one.

It is very likely that recovered people will have at least a temporary immunity to this virus so yes if a country went to lockdown earlier and had less cases then they could see higher case in a second wave of infections.

David O'Day

I am claiming that if you want to hide behind the specifics of lockdown that is just you incorrectly inferring what was being discussed and you still tried to argue we weren't on the same curve as Italy so it's a moot point anyway.

Are you OK? You seem constantly angry and needing to show off.
You are claiming I said something completely different to what I said in the post you quoted.

This is a sad and frankly pathetic attempt to wriggle out of being made to look stupid.

Answer the question or simply go away. Your choice but you're done here and like Radiohead said you do it to yourself. You and no one else.

You're done

Users who are viewing this thread