Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (46 Viewers)

Grendel

Yes but so does the UK.

Every country does I'd imagine.

So all we can go on is the official figures, which do not make for pretty reading.

No that’s not the case - Spain have a different measure as do Germany and Italy - it’s why we should never produce these graphs as people like you get frightened and fail to see data differences. Some towns in Italy have had a 900% YOY increase but most never went up hospital - our containment strategy helped mitigate that

it will be at least a year before comparisons can be made

Grendel

Are golf courses closed?

fernandopartridge

Just to remind everyone again (as I know ROS will be disappointed if I didn’t !), that two week head start was at least partially built up by our own actions (very good initial trace and tracking, request for use of 111 and to self isolate). Agree, that if we have wasted that it will be extremely disappointing and there will be questions to answer

For those interested, an update on hospital admissions and critical care beds being occupied. Admissions are 19555 (an increase of around 500-600 I think). With regard to care beds they’ve changed the datasets for the graph, it’s now based on CC beds occupied by Covid patients, which is probably more useful but means we don’t know the total available capacity. There are currently 3084 CC beds occupied by Covid patients. That’s an increase of approx 90 on yesterday. Which suggests still well within capacity (which was over 2k yesterday). Let’s hope it can stay that way

Aye, but not where the capacity is. I.e. the national picture will include critical care beds in places relatively barely touched by it. I reckon in London and Brum it is probably pretty grim.

fernandopartridge

Im guessing they will be added in to the overall total as the process goes on (after post mortem tests are carried out) but not to a/the daily totals
They're reported weekly, the ONS figures are driven by deaths being registered rather than the data we're saying which is deaths recorded in hospital. As you say, sometimes that may be after a post mortem. It doesn't sound like you get a reliable picture of deaths occurring on a specific date until some time afterwards.

Grendel

They're reported weekly, the ONS figures are driven by deaths being registered rather than the data we're saying which is deaths recorded in hospital. As you say, sometimes that may be after a post mortem. It doesn't sound like you get a reliable picture of deaths occurring on a specific date until some time afterwards.

Correct. The use of death figures should really be a lesson learned here as it’s ridiculous. It will be many many months before we get anything like an accurate and relatively consistent picture - to get any consistency as well there should be some form of agreed statistical measurement.

Brylowes

Scary to hear today that a 36 year old bus driver in was in hospital with the virus, improved and was discharged, but then died at home after a very rapid decline.

How are we ever going to know if someone has properly recovered?
12 TFL Staff now died from the virus 9 of which were Bus drivers, can’t help thinking
They should have been furloughed a fortnight ago.

Grendel

12 TFL Staff now died from the virus 9 of which were Bus drivers, can’t help thinking

Then so should all supermarket workers

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Can people chill out with all the politics insults? I know it's a bad time and everybody is bored and stressed but get on the Xbox and shoot people or go and have a wank to de-stress.

Racist this, leftie that, righty that.

Blimey things must be bad if Nick is telling people to chill out .

Grendel

Yes I think most probably should.
But what is the obvious link between busses and supermarkets?

They are in contact with people and have to work

Flying Fokker

Total horseshit. The worst offenders are you spoit brat left wing lot. If things go against you your out on the streets trying to protest that whatever never went your way. Look at Brexit. Full of leftie idiots on the streets saying anyone who voted for it was a racist/nazi. Look at the Tories getting back in,same again,leftie knobheads screaming and shouting that it's not fair blah blah. Look at your yank leftie mates when trump got in. Fuck me what a load of spoiled babies you are. Some middle class leftie was in London protesting saying she hoped boris Johnson would die a nasty death. Ironically she wanted to be a doctor. Oh the irony. Its called democracy. Things dont always go your way so grow the fuck up and accept it. Ironically you preach democracy but then we have a democratic vote and it goes against you cry like the spoilt brats that you are. Who is it that's always out on the streets protesting and spewing their undemocratic views? Oh yes leftie wankers. You dont see normal working class middle of the road people kicking off. You don't really see right wingers kicking off either. Its you fucking lot. The country sits back pissing its pants laughing at you fools. Grow the fuck up accept things dont always go your way,dye your hair a normal colour,have a wash and get a fucking job.

Rantastic Rooby.

Ring Of Steel

Scummy scaremongerers. Grrrr

View attachment 14806

With a job title like hers it’s only a matter of time before a few people on here get the odd email

Not sure if this has already been posted. A long but interesting read. Shocking really

Special Report: Johnson listened to his scientists about coronavirus - but they were slow to sound the alarm

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have read that very article, it’s a great read. The whole thing is a tragedy of errors. I used to call it a comedy of errors, but it’s not, it’s literally killing more people every day.

Grendel

Sounds like a reasonable point to me tbh

I assume she’d rather Jews would be impacted worst as she’s a known racist who was forced into Coventry against the local selection process. She barely hung onto her seat one of the safest in the Midlands

CCFCSteve

Aye, but not where the capacity is. I.e. the national picture will include critical care beds in places relatively barely touched by it. I reckon in London and Brum it is probably pretty grim.

Yeah, agreed. I think the medical officer was alluding to the same thing when saying that every winter there can be breaches at individual hospitals. Let’s hope this can be kept to a minimum if there’s capacity overall though.

Ps I live in Birmingham so a bit concerning. I was reading earlier that the new nightingale opens up on Friday with 500 critical care beds (can increase to 2k I think) so again, hoping that additional capacity will be sufficient but who knows at this stage

The Lurker

I assume she’d rather Jews would be impacted worst as she’s a known racist who was forced into Coventry against the local selection process. She barely hung onto her seat one of the safest in the Midlands
imo the virus does not select people based on ethnicity or social status, anyone who fails to follow social distancing are more likely to contract the virus and spread it in their communities surely not? maybe thats the reason?

Grendel

imo the virus does not select people based on ethnicity or social status, anyone who fails to follow social distancing are more likely to contract the virus and spread it in their communities surely not? maybe thats the reason?

When you meet Zarah in fairness she’s not that bad. The problem is she is hopeless at social media communication. She nearly was deselected after the Whitey gaff and has again attracted the wrath of the Jewish community with more stupid comments

She is not from Coventry and she really needs to start acting like a local Mp and stay off Twitter

David O'Day

Grenners is pissed again.

Going to prove she is a known racist? I wonder who has the better lawyer you or her.

The Lurker

When you meet Zarah in fairness she’s not that bad. The problem is she is hopeless at social media communication. She nearly was deselected after the Whitey gaff and has again attracted the wrath of the Jewish community with more stupid comments

She is not from Coventry and she really needs to start acting like a local Mp and stay off Twitter

i am still waiting for the reply to why she was reasonable from ring of steel

David O'Day

Oh and fuck off honky

BornSlippySkyBlue

They do an essential job though. They, like all other essential workers, should have been given adequate training in infection control, suitable PPE and allowed to safely do their jobs.

We can’t stop everything, but we could have planned for it (a lot) better and provided those workers that needed to carry on working with the correct equipment.

Face masks etc were cheap as chips a few months ago, and every single government in the world was aware that there was the potential for this pandemic.

They chose not to prepare, because they hoped it wouldn’t happen on their shift. But it did. And now they are all passing the buck.

“Proper Planning and Practice Prevents Piss Poor Performance”

David O'Day

Pretty sure we have people from BME backgrounds in the city. If they are being disproportionately impacted that is in issue isn't it?
Exactly, no one has said the virus chooses to infect bme people more but as they are disproportionately bei g infected we need to look at why.

Users who are viewing this thread