Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (45 Viewers)

no_loyalty

I don't understand why the USA women team has played today, and there are some men's international friendly games still scheduled to go ahead tonight?

Greece v Costa Rica is scheduled for 2am tomorrow.

chiefdave

We've been told here in Hungary today that the peak will be June/July. So could literally be looking at 12 week plus lockdown.
If its 12 weeks over here wonder how long it will be before those who are still working, even if from home, start complaining about the ones acting like they're on holiday while they still get 80% pay?

NorthernWisdom

So from what the chancellor says, I'll be getting a pay cut as I'm not majority self employed.

Nonetheless, my self employed bit is about 33% of my income, so it's not a small amount. Not like I earn a fortune, either.

Sick Boy

Also for those that get excited/depressed about single numbers, that’ll likely mean a big spike today as it will cover 29.5 hours instead of 24.
I saw there have been so many deaths that they’re moving the cut off time for it.

mr_monkey

While on a twitter excursion- what a shock, more lying.

Those tests that we were all told would be in Boots?

Coronavirus test confusion as No 10 admits it has no idea if they work | Daily Mail Online

• A PHE official yesterday said home-testing kits could be available within days
  • But two firms at forefront of manufacturing them say they've still not had orders
  • Scientists claim the process to prove the tests work could take a 'few weeks'
  • Officials have still yet to reveal who is manufacturing the antibody testing kits

Don't believe a word that racist rag says

Sick Boy

Yeah but that’s at the mercy of other variables whereas deaths and critical cases isn’t. Also one data point does not a trend invalidate. Honestly think you’re on the down slope now.
Yeah they are trying to stress that on the live conference now, it seems though recovery is improving too. I really hope you’re right.

Magwitch

The big problem here is London, still nowhere near lockdown, tube trains still chocker block, the death rate there is going to go through the roof.

CCFCSteve

Are people really suggesting that the government can underreport or misreport causes of death ?!! I think a few need to go and have a beer or their daily exercise

ps having said that I read Germany weren’t testing for C-19 post mortem. We do though

Ring Of Steel

Crap, i'll have run out of money by the middle of April. I'm also concerned that those of us eligible for the business grants will be contacted by letter. Not much use when I can't get in the shop to retrieve said letter.

Did I hear that right that the assistance for self employed is limited to those with trading profits under £50k?

David O'Day

So they could of announced that a week ago but they thought they could get away with allowing the self employed to get ssp

shmmeee

So ideologically opposed to universalism even where it suits their voters

Classic Tories. Always worried about the boogeyman false claimant under the bed and willing to let people starve before someone gets money they don’t “deserve”. Meanwhile I don’t think there’s one among them that has made their money through talent.

shmmeee

115 have died in the last 24 hours according to the bbc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Then it says as of 5pm, which makes no sense. Should either be the old 1-1 period or the new 7:30-7:30 one. Not clear if this is rolling in the missed ones from yesterday or what.

covmark

Then it says as of 5pm, which makes no sense. Should either be the old 1-1 period or the new 7:30-7:30 one. Not clear if this is rolling in the missed ones from yesterday or what.
That wasn't mentioned on the news. Just updated on U.K deaths and then moved onto something else.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread