Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

Philosorapter

And so it begins...

This will rip through society when the schools in England go back.

The schools in Scotland go back earlier than the ones in England.

_120245378_chart.jpg
Chart from the Beeb.

Last edited:

Grendel

I thought Krankie had it all under control and it was all Westminster's fault anyway

Also as she has stuck to mask wearing in public places how is it now the worst infection rate in the U.K.

Grendel

Let’s not slag off Scotland just yet for fuck sake. It’s not a competition. Fucking weird.

And yeah I mean you Grendel. Odd bloke.

Edit: Brighton as well by the look of it

BSB made the first post. Sturgeon has repeatedly played politics and made it a competition

Brighton Sky Blue

Also as she has stuck to mask wearing in public places how is it now the worst infection rate in the U.K.

Two things, delaying the full reopen and their schools going back earlier.

Let’s not slag off Scotland just yet for fuck sake. It’s not a competition. Fucking weird.

And yeah I mean you Grendel. Odd bloke.

I blame the ramp thing someone left out.

Grendel

Yeah she’s a pillock. This is more important than point scoring against I don’t even know who on a forum. It’s been Italy for months as well. Genuinely odd mate.

Ive made one comment regarding Scotland. Every country plays politics with everything - it hasn’t been Italy for months either - also I’d look at Ursula to really look a political playing

It’sabatch87

I was speaking to my sister last weekend a very qualified nurse in ICU and she said If any unvaccinated or non believers of COVID were to sit down with her for a couple of hours she’d soon change their mind.
Lots of younger patients in UHCW at the moment she said.

shmmeee

I don’t know what else can be done with that being the case to persuade more to take the jab

Stop fannying about to be honest and treating them with kid gloves. Start requiring vaccinations for things that normally need vaccinations like healthcare work and travel. If it’s mostly the young add in nightclubs and education.

from the polling it looks more like a “can’t be arsed and haven’t got round to it” issue than a “muh rights” issue anyway. So a few more reasons to get it done are needed.

Hertsccfc

I was speaking to my sister last weekend a very qualified nurse in ICU and she said If any unvaccinated or non believers of COVID were to sit down with her for a couple of hours she’d soon change their mind.
Lots of younger patients in UHCW at the moment she said.
That's sad

hill83

Stop fannying about to be honest and treating them with kid gloves. Start requiring vaccinations for things that normally need vaccinations like healthcare work and travel. If it’s mostly the young add in nightclubs and education.

from the polling it looks more like a “can’t be arsed and haven’t got round to it” issue than a “muh rights” issue anyway. So a few more reasons to get it done are needed.

I’d even start dishing free stuff out.
Bingo tickets to over 40s and frisbees to under 40s.

CCFCSteve

To be fair, as soon as the government mentioned vaccine passports for clubs etc there was uproar, think it’s still coming in in Sept. They don’t fuck about in the US, heard yesterday workers at a big firm (sorry can’t remember which) that aren’t double jabbed have to keep wearing a mask and $200 per month gets deducted from their salary !

It’s so sad and frustrating that people aren’t getting jabbed and ending up dying needlessly. There needs to be a briefing from PHE/NHS and info drive explaining its pretty much unvaccinated ending up seriously ill*

Numbers of first jabs have at least crept up recently, not sure if that’s solely to do with 16-17 year olds now being able to get one though

*Edit - not seen the data to support this, basing it on comments above and what I’ve heard elsewhere. Anyone got any info ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread