Championship incomings 2021-22 Summer window (1 Viewer)

TomS91

Championship clubs looking at Rotherham’s Matt Crooks good replacement for Matty James, 6ft 4. tough nut scores goals.

I could be wrong but I don't think he's in any way similar to James. I think Crooks plays as an attacking midfielder and because of his aerial threat almost like a second striker.

Legia Sky Blue

Crooks is pretty limited at Championship level, but very effective in League 1. Unless we were going to change to a more physical long ball game I wouldn't want him to come to us.

Hadji's_Goatee

Walsh - 3 year contract at Swansea.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

I see the very talented Michael Olise has left Reading and gone to Crystal Palace for £8m (may have been a release clause). Perhaps puts into perspective the value of some of our players

rexo87

I see the very talented Michael Olise has left Reading and gone to Crystal Palace for £8m (may have been a release clause). Perhaps puts into perspective the value of some of our players
There was a release clause. Reading also under an embargo for breaking P+L rules so they can't sign anyone for a fee. Might give them a but of a difficult season

steve101

It would be interesting to know who are the players that we have genuinely tried to sign and have chosen different routes. Collins and James I believe have been acknowledged by the club as failed targets. I assume Walsh would have been approached? Do we know any others?

shmmeee

It would be interesting to know who are the players that we have genuinely tried to sign and have chosen different routes. Collins and James I believe have been acknowledged by the club as failed targets. I assume Walsh would have been approached? Do we know any others?

Gilmore?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Luton have signed:

2 players from Wycombe - who shouldn’t have been in the league last season, and benefitted from a Sheffield weds team in freefall, and nearly from a Derby team grossly mismanaged.

A 34 striker that has been nomadic, and has his best days behind him. Admittedly had an alright season in the league below.

a left back deemed not good enough by a team in complete and utter freefall, and without Armstrong probably would have gone down.

a youngster from Morecambe who may have potential but is no different to Jodi Jones.

a 30 year old midfielder who again appears to be nomadic but hasn’t played 20 games since the 15/16 season

A CB who admittedly is talented but couldn’t prevent Hull leaking 87 goals last time he was in this league

And Alan Campbell who can go one way or the other.

whilst I think Luton will finish above us, it won’t be by much.

slowpoke

Haven’t really followed who has signed who in the championship but read the other day eight clubs have yet to sign anyone not sure if that’s due to finance or what but does illustrate we are in different times so looking at the five we have signed plus Sheaf and apparently more to come I’m happy with that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Looking at the squads of the other teams, looks like it’s the worst standard the championship has been for years.
I agree. Nobody’s signings are making you think Wow. I expect Sheffield United and West Brom to bounce straight back up, Fulham Could be a strange one. Then you’re looking at the Swansea’s and Bournemouth’s making up 5 of the top 6

skybluegod

Luton have signed:

2 players from Wycombe - who shouldn’t have been in the league last season, and benefitted from a Sheffield weds team in freefall, and nearly from a Derby team grossly mismanaged.

A 34 striker that has been nomadic, and has his best days behind him. Admittedly had an alright season in the league below.

a left back deemed not good enough by a team in complete and utter freefall, and without Armstrong probably would have gone down.

a youngster from Morecambe who may have potential but is no different to Jodi Jones.

a 30 year old midfielder who again appears to be nomadic but hasn’t played 20 games since the 15/16 season

A CB who admittedly is talented but couldn’t prevent Hull leaking 87 goals last time he was in this league

Tbf you can make an argument against any player ever signed? Aren't Coventry constantly left to signing other teams rejects? It's about how the gel together. Jones at Luton is the equivalent of MR at Coventry, he tends to have an ability to make them competitive within their means, and I do think Luton will have a good season, looking at their recruitment.

James had barely played before he came to us/Barnsley

Judging 1 defender in a poor team that was relegated is stretching.

2 players from Wycombe doesn't make them bad players?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Tbf you can make an argument against any player ever signed? Aren't Coventry constantly left to signing other teams rejects? It's about how the gel together. Jones at Luton is the equivalent of MR at Coventry, he tends to have an ability to make them competitive within their means, and I do think Luton will have a good season, looking at their recruitment.

James had barely played before he came to us/Barnsley

Judging 1 defender in a poor team that was relegated is stretching.

2 players from Wycombe doesn't make them bad players?
It doesn’t make them bad players, no but what I’m saying is that they’re not wow signings that people are making them out to be.

i honestly don’t think their recruitment is any better than ours.

also when we signed James he wasn’t that nomadic player, he was the second coming of Xavi according to our Barnsley supporting friend

Liquid Gold

Luton have signed:

Coventry have signed:

1. A player that couldn't even get into their own team at the end of last season

2. A striker that Swansea didn't want and then was 2nd choice behind Biamou

3. A 31 year old guy that nearly got relegated in a worse team than us

4. A goalkeeper that has never been a regular at this level and barely played in 3 years

5. Someone that got kicked out of a club after 1 game, failed a trial at Peterborough and had to go to India for game time.

Negatives can be made for every signing, Luton had a good team anyway and have made some positive additions.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Coventry have signed:

1. A player that couldn't even get into their own team at the end of last season

2. A striker that Swansea didn't want and then was 2nd choice behind Biamou

3. A 31 year old guy that nearly got relegated in a worse team than us

4. A goalkeeper that has never been a regular at this level and barely played in 3 years

5. Someone that got kicked out of a club after 1 game, failed a trial at Peterborough and had to go to India for game time.

Negatives can be made for every signing, Luton had a good team anyway and have made some positive additions.
Again, as above - they may work for Luton. But they’re not explosive eye opening signings, on paper they’re no better than what we’ve signed.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Reece Burke alone is better than the majority of our signings put together. I seriously rate that guy.
Which is fine, but if he was that good, why didn’t anybody sign him last season when Hull were ripe for picking?

He’s young so has potential. But he’s yet to be a stand out player in this league.

id probably take him over Hyam and Mcfadz but is he better than an on song Rose?

Users who are viewing this thread