CET: Man Utd defender could come in, Richard Wood could go (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

I'm prepared to wait and see how good these freebies are. But going on our history of signing freebies in the Championship then it's easy to see why people are quick to judge. Anyway not bought a season ticket this year as I'm not interested in feeding my cash to SISU's hedge fund trustees, so will wait and see.

Godiva

I'm prepared to wait and see how good these freebies are. But going on our history of signing freebies in the Championship then it's easy to see why people are quick to judge. Anyway not bought a season ticket this year as I'm not interested in feeding my cash to SISU's hedge fund trustees, so will wait and see.

You mean, you're not interested in feeding the club so we don't have to rely on freebee's and loans.
(as sisu haven't withdrawn a penny or charged interests on their loans, you can't mean them)

craigSKYBLUE

I think the...im not going to watch cov because of sisu...has to stop.im not the biggest fan of sisu but its only the team who will suffer

dojer

If Sheffield Wednesday are interested in Wood then it seems very strange that they would be. Look at their squad, they've signed Anthony Gardner and already have Mark Beevers, Reda Johnson, Rob Jones, Miguel Llera, Mark Reynolds and Lewis Buxton who can all play in central defence. Seems a case of putting 2 and 2 together (Richard Wood wanting to leaving and his ties with Wednesday) and getting 5. If he is leaving due to differences with Andy Thorn then he might want to find a club that actually needs a centre-back.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Forwards are still a concern. At this level McDonald averages one goal in 8 games - worse than Elliot - O'Donovan needs to go to free up whatever wage he is on.

Could I ask you qualify your stats there dear chap? One in eight?

At Norwich, he had 4 in 25, but less than 10 starts. Is this the figure you're using? Statistically it's closer to 1 in 7 than 1 in 8 ;but let not mathematical integrity stand between Grenduffy and a tasty stat to band about eh? And given his starts, a bit of a disingenuous use of statistics.

At Gillingham, where he did get a run in the team - and I do acknowledge it's League 2 - he bagged 25 in 41. Which by anyone's standardsis prolific.

The unqualified use of 1 in 8 is a little cheeky if youdon't mind. Even for a Friday....

Grendel

Could I ask you qualify your stats there dear chap? One in eight?

At Norwich, he had 4 in 25, but less than 10 starts. Is this the figure you're using? Statistically it's closer to 1 in 7 than 1 in 8 ;but let not mathematical integrity stand between Grenduffy and a tasty stat to band about eh? And given his starts, a bit of a disingenuous use of statistics.

At Gillingham, where he did get a run in the team - and I do acknowledge it's League 2 - he bagged 25 in 41. Which by anyone's standardsis prolific.

The unqualified use of 1 in 8 is a little cheeky if youdon't mind. Even for a Friday....

It probably is and yes its straight from Wiki but my main concern is that there seems to be almost an assumption he will score plenty of goals next season. For me he remains unproven. He had one good season at Gillingham - plenty have one good season somewhere and never repeat it. At 26 he should be established and the fact that he isn't is a possible concern.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Some may be getting exciteable given the way he looked last season when fit. I remember watching his at Watford and he looked very, very sharp indeed.

That stated, I had been visited by a profound state of over-refreshment that day and pretty much everyone and everything looked good... :D

skybluebeduff

:facepalm: :whistle:

CCFC_Charlie

McDonald looked very, very sharp towards the end of the season. One moment I particularly remember was at home to Millwall when the ball was played of the top to him, but it looked to have been played too long, somehow Cody managed to get to it full stretch and volley it top corner. Unfortunately Taylor made an incredible save but it was a great piece of skill from Cody.

RichieGunns

It probably is and yes its straight from Wiki but my main concern is that there seems to be almost an assumption he will score plenty of goals next season. For me he remains unproven. He had one good season at Gillingham - plenty have one good season somewhere and never repeat it. At 26 he should be established and the fact that he isn't is a possible concern.

I would argue that he hasn't really had luck on his side while at City. He was bought in to fill a hole and a lot of pressure was put on him by the fans. As we know some players don't do well under that much intensity (Carl Baker for instance) as fan's always expect the player to be the best thing since sliced bread. They look at previous stats and assume the player will do exactly what it says on the tin. Unfortunately this is not always the case. The premiership is a good example of this. Over the past 10 years players who have come in for big money deals, with so much expectation on their heads have fallen by the wayside because they just weren't upto the challenge. But they had a decent chance to make it happen and didnt take it...

As for Cody. I think his injury last season seriously hampered his chances of proving himself. Yes he didn't do himself any favours by not scoring lots of goals while he was on the pitch but we didn't have a player that could feed the ball into him for him to do that. When we did (Norwood) he was unfortunately sideline with an injury. Just think if he'd been fit and on the pitch, It may have been Cody we'd have been shouting about rather than Nimely. Nimely was great because despite his one goal scored, he worked his arse off and Cody needs to show that this season. If he doesn't then i can justify being dissapointent in him. But until then, im not going to judge him because he hasn't earned my scorn and derission...not yet anyway.

So lets just give the poor bugger a chance. You never know, he may just earn his stripes this season :)

harvey098

McDonald looked very, very sharp towards the end of the season. One moment I particularly remember was at home to Millwall when the ball was played of the top to him, but it looked to have been played too long, somehow Cody managed to get to it full stretch and volley it top corner. Unfortunately Taylor made an incredible save but it was a great piece of skill from Cody.

Literally just about to mention this particular moment. I think Cody will do well. We cant heap the pressure on him though because, as with the majority of our squad, will take a while to adjust to league 1.

valiant15

To be honest wingy i just wanna get back up the ricoh and cheer my team on,this must be the longest summer ever,what with rain aswell grrrrr.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchomatic....Since when have we BOUGHT any players this season?
@ mark82....If somebody wants to have a "Fucking moan" on this forum, who are you to tell them not to?:thinking about:

Grendel

@ mark82....If somebody wants to have a "Fucking moan" on this forum, who are you to tell them not to?:thinking about:

Even if players do not have a transfer fee there will be payments in terms of signing on fees. On that basis we have only sold 2 players.

Sky Blue Kid

Very true Grendel, but I think the money paid out, is going to be nowhere near the money coming in from the sales of Bigi, and Keogh:(

torchomatic

The players have been brought in, there will be sign-on fees and wages to take into consideration, so the club HAS invested in new players. Weren't you one of the ones along with a few "high profile" forum members who were saying we wouldn't sign anyone. Are you not happy with the players we've acquired then?

Grendel

Very true Grendel, but I think the money paid out, is going to be nowhere near the money coming in from the sales of Bigi, and Keogh:(

That money is required to find anticipated losses elsewhere.

Sky Blue Kid

Depending in which context that you talk about Torchomatic....Yes! I'm happy that players are being BROUGHT in(SISU really surprised me there) Though still nowhere near enough, and No! the quality going out is far greater than that coming in. Two French players who no one has heard of, both of which have languished in their respective reserve teams for 3 years. One Rangers reject who played for Blackpool a handful of times, and received far from glowing reports from the "Tangerines" fans in their forums. In short, I can put my hands up and say SISU are finally doing something about the playing staff, though in my opinion...not nearly enough.

Astute

Lets work out where the money is going then. Did someone say wood is on 6k a week?

Just a quick approximate working out here....

5,000 season tickets@£300 = £1,500,000

Rent = £1,200,000
Wood = £300,000

There is 5,000 season tickets accounted for already :-(

torchomatic

The quality going out left of their own accord, barring the one obvious exception.

No, I've not heard of the French players either. But neither had I heard of Keogh, Westwood, Dann, Fox, Gunnarsson, etc. The difference seems that I am happy to give them a chance.

Depending in which context that you talk about Torchomatic....Yes! I'm happy that players are being BROUGHT in(SISU really surprised me there) Though still nowhere near enough, and No! the quality going out is far greater than that coming in. Two French players who no one has heard of, both of which have languished in their respective reserve teams for 3 years. One Rangers reject who played for Blackpool a handful of times, and received far from glowing reports from the "Tangerines" fans in their forums. In short, I can put my hands up and say SISU are finally doing something about the playing staff, though in my opinion...not nearly enough.

grego_gee

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchomatic....

Such a pity that SISU didn't do that(Give them a chance) with regards Westwood(When asking for a extention to his contract was treated like shit on the bottom of Boothroyds' shoe) Dann, and Fox(These two chaps look like they can play a bit let's sell them for as much as we can)....In short the common denominator with these players(Including Keogh and Gunnarsson) is........................................We actually PAID for these guys.......They weren't picked up from the bottom of the bargain bucket for nothing. These players were bought because we WANTED them.
Over to you....I'm sure you'll find something to have a go about!:slap:

The players have been brought in, there will be sign-on fees and wages to take into consideration, so the club HAS invested in new players. Weren't you one of the ones along with a few "high profile" forum members who were saying we wouldn't sign anyone. Are you not happy with the players we've acquired then?

Plus (unfortunately) agents fees !!!

PUSB

torchomatic

Im not the one having a go. Im more than happy with our tranfer dealings.

the sun is shining too so not even your rants can spoil my day.

@ Torchomatic....

Such a pity that SISU didn't do that(Give them a chance) with regards Westwood(When asking for a extention to his contract was treated like shit on the bottom of Boothroyds' shoe) Dann, and Fox(These two chaps look like they can play a bit let's sell them for as much as we can)....In short the common denominator with these players(Including Keogh and Gunnarsson) is........................................We actually PAID for these guys.......They weren't picked up from the bottom of the bargain bucket for nothing. These players were bought because we WANTED them.
Over to you....I'm sure you'll find something to have a go about!:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread