CET: Man Utd defender could come in, Richard Wood could go (1 Viewer)

thechase

@ Torchomatic....

Such a pity that SISU didn't do that(Give them a chance) with regards Westwood(When asking for a extention to his contract was treated like shit on the bottom of Boothroyds' shoe) Dann, and Fox(These two chaps look like they can play a bit let's sell them for as much as we can)....In short the common denominator with these players(Including Keogh and Gunnarsson) is........................................We actually PAID for these guys.......They weren't picked up from the bottom of the bargain bucket for nothing. These players were bought because we WANTED them.
Over to you....I'm sure you'll find something to have a go about!:slap:

Why does it matter if pay transfer fees for players. Surely its better business getting good players for nothing than paying stupid fees?

Sky Blue Kid

I'm not ranting at all, I'm responding to your patronising of other posters with a different view to yours. As for "Having a go" that's exactly what you've been doing with mine and others' posts. Practice what you preach East End Boy!:slap:

Sky Blue Kid

@ thechase......

The point is we paid transfer fees because we actually wanted these players in the first place. None of the current incoming players were wanted from day one. A "Nod and a wink" from Newcastles scout for Malaga, and Edjuguele in consolation for taking Bigi from us. I don't know about you, but would you not rather have the players that you wanted originally, than players who've languished in French reserve sides for three years? Just a thought!:)

torchomatic

Just because there isnt a fee involved it doesnt mean we dont want them!

covcity4life

yes theys hould have done this last year but now lets hopefully win a trophy for first time in over 20 years and get back to where we were with an increased chance of making the prem thereafter.

hill83

yes theys hould have done this last year but now lets hopefully win a trophy for first time in over 20 years and get back to where we were with an increased chance of making the prem thereafter.

Champions league in 4 years :whistle:

Astute

Or Fleck wasn't wanted by Rangers, Jennings wasn't wanted by Motherwell if we sign him........Just because a player is on a free it don't mean they are crap. Even Drogba has just moved on a free. Or does it now make him a player nobody wants?

kg82

@ thechase......

The point is we paid transfer fees because we actually wanted these players in the first place. None of the current incoming players were wanted from day one. A "Nod and a wink" from Newcastles scout for Malaga, and Edjuguele in consolation for taking Bigi from us. I don't know about you, but would you not rather have the players that you wanted originally, than players who've languished in French reserve sides for three years? Just a thought!:)

Don't think they both "languished" in reserve teams. As far as I know edge played in Greece before we got him. But its nice to know they're already not good enough for you, expectations of them can only go up from here.

Sky Blue Kid

kg82.........

So three years of reserve team football, isn't languishing then? makes them world beaters now does it?
I'm not saying they are crap, I'm saying I would sooner Thorn got the players he originally wanted. It's as though the players coming in now were an "After thought". Surely that's not that hard to comprehend.

kg82

kg82.........

So three years of reserve team football, isn't languishing then? makes them world beaters now does it?
I'm not saying they are crap, I'm saying I would sooner Thorn got the players he originally wanted. It's as though the players coming in now were an "After thought". Surely that's not that hard to comprehend.

Read what I put.
And you don't know this. These are your perceptions of what's going on. And how you can perceive 7 signings as an afterthought I don't really understand.

hill83

"After thought" is a bad turn of phrase. Maybe they weren't first choice, but they would have been thought about and scouted alongside the first choices.
And who can say the players weren't first choice. Even if they are second choice who's to say they won't be better than first choice?

Just enjoy the little bit of good news we have mate. Have a beer. :pimp:

thechase

@ thechase......

I didnt realise the Greek top flight had moved to France my mistake, as thats where Edjenguele has been for the last 2 seasons! Theres no proof of this story about newcastles scout either other than in your mind. I want players who want to play for the club be that a free transfer, loan or a fee. I couldnt give 2 shits if we pay a fee for them if they turn out to be good for the club. By your logic if you were offered Messi on a free you would decline because you want to pay a fee to show you 'really want him'!

Sky Blue Kid

@ ajsccfc....
With first team chances in short supply at Rangers, Fleck agreed to move to Sheffield United on a season long loan at the end of the summer transfer window[12] but the deal subsequently fell through as the paperwork was not completed before the deadline.[13]
Fleck signed for Championship club Blackpool on loan in January 2012, despite renewed interest from Sheffield United.[14][15]
In June 2012, Fleck lodged an objection against his contract being transferred from Rangers to a new company set up by Charles Green.[16] PFA Scotland had previously commented that players were entitled to become free agents if they objected to the transfer.[17]
[edit] Coventry City

On 4 July 2012, Fleck joined Football League One side Coventry City after he rejected his Rangers contract being taken over by Rangers Newco

Seems to me to be a Rangers reject!

kg82

@ ajsccfc....
With first team chances in short supply at Rangers, Fleck agreed to move to Sheffield United on a season long loan at the end of the summer transfer window[12] but the deal subsequently fell through as the paperwork was not completed before the deadline.[13]
Fleck signed for Championship club Blackpool on loan in January 2012, despite renewed interest from Sheffield United.[14][15]
In June 2012, Fleck lodged an objection against his contract being transferred from Rangers to a new company set up by Charles Green.[16] PFA Scotland had previously commented that players were entitled to become free agents if they objected to the transfer.[17]
[edit] Coventry City

On 4 July 2012, Fleck joined Football League One side Coventry City after he rejected his Rangers contract being taken over by Rangers Newco

Seems to me to be a Rangers reject!

Let's write him off then, yeah?

Nonleagueherewecome

With the amount of players we've bought so far, your statement looks even more ridiculous.

We've signed a few freebies, but I'm not aware of us actually "buying" anybody. That's kinda his point! To "buy" someone, we would actually have to pay the club we are signing a player from some money. No chance!

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah that's because we couldn't strengthen, if we could of bought players in does anyone think we would of stayed up?, anyways I hope this man u player has talent will be a good signing if we get him

What, like Bristol City did so they could rotate 8 players for their Monday match with us and bring Premiership loans off the bench? Erm...yes?!??!

I liked the Wood - McPake centre back pairing not so long ago. I was certain they would both do a job in League 1. I am not sold on Cameron. However, a club gets relegated, having already operated on a shoe string, and replaces a top earner with a promising loanee... makes sense. I am looking forward to seeing what becomes of City's new look team next season. Goodbye and good luck, four decent centre backs; bonjour and hello the replacements. Where are our new strikers at, let's press on a do a little more business as that is how we appear to roll. Cheap is rarely cheerful, but Malaga appeared to be very assured at Tamworth (despite the opposition), Edjenguele looked handy enough on that YouTube video and Brown would appear to have a decent pedigree. With Cameron and Willis waiting in the background, I would take freeing up Wood's wages if it meant bringing in at least some competition for Cody, Elliott and ROD.

* Edit: I hadn't even realised we had got Callum Ball. Bang on, vicar.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Edjenguélé began his career 1993 with CFF Paris and joined 2005 in the reserve team of Le Mans Union Club 72.[5] After three years with Le Mans UC 72 B who scored one goal in 58 appearances joined on 18 July 2008 to Neuchâtel Xamax. On 27 April 2010 his club confirmed his contract will not renewed and he left the club.[6]
On July 30, 2010, he signed with Panetolikos F.C..[7] He was an integral part of the squad that became 2010–11 Football League champions and led Panetolikos F.C. to the Greek Superleague. However, he couldn't help Panetolikos avoid relegation after the end of the 2011–12 Superleague Greece . Panetolikos and Edjenguélé parted ways on May 2, 2012. [8]
At the start of the 2012/13 season, Edjenguélé joined Coventry City on trial [9] and started in the 8-0 victory over Hinckley United on the 14th July 2012. He later signed for the club on the 17th of July on a three year contract

I stand corrected.....Edjenguele was NOT a reserve team player for three years in France............He was however a French reserve team player in Greece for five years with promotion to the first team with 46 Squad apps over two years in a team that were promoted then immediately relegated........So I suppose he was a "Top league squad player" for one season

mr_monkey101

We've signed a few freebies, but I'm not aware of us actually "buying" anybody. That's kinda his point! To "buy" someone, we would actually have to pay the club we are signing a player from some money. No chance!

they may be free transfers but we have paid signing on fees, agent fees etc.... so money has been spent (as well as half a million quid on the academy) but there arent many league 1 clubs spending any money, clubs are having to tighten their belts due to the new financial rules and i think that we have done pretty well this transfer window.

i for one am really excitied about seeing and supporting the new players against yeovil

torchomatic

I didnt phrase that well. I know we havent paid a fee, but we will have paid out wages, etc.

Freebies or not, im more rhan happy with who we have brought in.

Nick

Administrator
Were Norwood and Nimely not reserve players?

Surely we have to pay signing on fees for free players though?

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm curious as to her looks,anyone ever seen a pic?

You know that could never happen: my sniper squad would be despatched within the hour!

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm sure that there are loads of players out there that are far superior to those we have signed-who Thorn would love to sign-but who he can't, as their clubs want a fee. A balance sheet reckoning of ins/outs regarding cash would show a firm zero in the outgoings. That implies that we have zero transfer budget, ie "free transfers" only, and are not able to sign a player who is under contract no matter how much money we bring in sales. Yet everybody is singing from the rooftops about how wonderful this is, and how a load of players we've never seen in a pro game are going to walk the division!

It'd be interesting to hear what the last side to get promoted out of L1 without spending a single transfer fee on a player is? I thing you'll have to go back a very long way to find one. For that reason alone, it has to be playoffs as a best case scenario for us.

woody11462

Edjenguélé began his career 1993 with CFF Paris and joined 2005 in the reserve team of Le Mans Union Club 72.[5] After three years with Le Mans UC 72 B who scored one goal in 58 appearances joined on 18 July 2008 to Neuchâtel Xamax. On 27 April 2010 his club confirmed his contract will not renewed and he left the club.[6]
On July 30, 2010, he signed with Panetolikos F.C..[7] He was an integral part of the squad that became 2010–11 Football League champions and led Panetolikos F.C. to the Greek Superleague. However, he couldn't help Panetolikos avoid relegation after the end of the 2011–12 Superleague Greece . Panetolikos and Edjenguélé parted ways on May 2, 2012. [8]
At the start of the 2012/13 season, Edjenguélé joined Coventry City on trial [9] and started in the 8-0 victory over Hinckley United on the 14th July 2012. He later signed for the club on the 17th of July on a three year contract

I stand corrected.....Edjenguele was NOT a reserve team player for three years in France............He was however a French reserve team player in Greece for five years with promotion to the first team with 46 Squad apps over two years in a team that were promoted then immediately relegated........So I suppose he was a "Top league squad player" for one season

Wrong, read what it says again. He wasn't in Greece for 5 years and was in the first team for the two years he spent in Greece. Maybe you've just put your point across wrong.

Nonleagueherewecome

they may be free transfers but we have paid signing on fees, agent fees etc.... so money has been spent (as well as half a million quid on the academy) but there arent many league 1 clubs spending any money, clubs are having to tighten their belts due to the new financial rules and i think that we have done pretty well this transfer window.

i for one am really excitied about seeing and supporting the new players against yeovil

Yes but my point is entirely:

Out

Turner-750k
Gael-1m?
Keogh-750k?
Lukas-1.5m
Wood-???

In

Cody-200k?

mr_monkey101

Yes but my point is entirely:

Out

Turner-750k
Gael-1m?
Keogh-750k?
Lukas-1.5m
Wood-???

In

Cody-200k?

and that's very true but we are loosing apparently 500k a month so that has to be covered somehow and unfortunatly the only asset we have are players :(

player sales + free transfers = us having a club to support.... its not the way that any of us want it to be but it is the reality due to sisu and the previous owners.

Nonleagueherewecome

and that's very true but we are loosing apparently 500k a month so that has to be covered somehow and unfortunatly the only asset we have are players :(

player sales + free transfers = us having a club to support.... its not the way that any of us want it to be but it is the reality due to sisu and the previous owners.

It's the ever diminishing return that means that this is a business plan guaranteed to entrench us in a downward spiral financially. Do you honesty see a sustainable future for CCFC as a L1 club, long term? Do you not think that our best chance of getting up is this season? Getting up would be the only way to help us financially. And that a reasonable "bounce-back" budget-which I don't believe we have-would be a sound investment?

SISU are carrying on stripping us bare and not adequately replacing quality. I think we're so used to failure we've been brainwashed into acceptance.

By only shopping in the Bargain Basement, ie freebies that clubs with money don't want, we are guaranteed to be signing quite a few duds. That in turn does a lot nore financial damage, as you are stuck with rubbish players on long deals.

Cairo looked good in pre-season: who's to say that the Frenchmen won't end up being just as big a flop? There's space for a few of these players, but not an entire squad made up of free transfers and youth players. Even our loans are other peoples youngsters. I don't think that will get us up. And that means next season we'll be much weaker still, financially and on the pitch.

It's the ever diminishing return that means that this is a business plan guaranteed to entrench us in a downward spiral financially. Do you honesty see a sustainable future for CCFC as a L1 club, long term? Do you not think that our best chance of getting up is this season? Getting up would be the only way to help us financially. And that a reasonable "bounce-back" budget-which I don't believe we have-would be a sound investment?

SISU are carrying on stripping us bare and not adequately replacing quality. I think we're so used to failure we've been brainwashed into acceptance.

By only shopping in the Bargain Basement, ie freebies that clubs with money don't want, we are guaranteed to be signing quite a few duds. That in turn does a lot nore financial damage, as you are stuck with rubbish players on long deals.

Cairo looked good in pre-season: who's to say that the Frenchmen won't end up being just as big a flop? There's space for a few of these players, but not an entire squad made up of free transfers and youth players. Even our loans are other peoples youngsters. I don't think that will get us up. And that means next season we'll be much weaker still, financially and on the pitch.

Non league just wondering if the unthinkable happens and we mount a charge on this league what you will change your name to?:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread