CET: Man Utd defender could come in, Richard Wood could go (3 Viewers)

stupot07

@ Oakey....

Where I've stated the word fact, is just that...fact.
Thorn DID bring in every player on Pro forms...Fact.
If SISU have paid out £1.5m in their 5 years tenure, that will be about it.(I can see what you mean about this one)
Until this present season, SISU have sold, let go, approx 30 players, and drafted in(Help me out here stupot07) approx....er..um....1......Cody McDonald!
We now have for the first time(Albeit free permanent signings) an influx of players
There is no getting away from the Keogh, Crainie and a couple of academy kids statement...We got Relegated..Fact.
Clingan, and Bell...It may be my opinion, but I think 99% of posters on here agree with me when I say they are shit! and did fook all for the CCFC cause.

@ stupot07.....

I think if we had Ian Holloway as manager we would haved pissed the Championship with that squad he brought into Bloomfield Rd.......And all Free signings except for Adam....DJ Campbell wasn't bought till the end of August after their promotion in that year.:)

DJ Campbell signed on the 8th Jan 2009 on loan scored 9 in 20. They then signed him permanently in August. He signed some good players but had the wage bill to do it, they also paid a fee for earldley (undisclosed),

RichieGunns

@ RichieGunns.....
[RANT START]

I couldn't give a frogs fat arse what you are saying mate.
People don't like facts(the word) but you're gonna get some.....
Thorn brought in every single player on Pro forms to this Club atm in time..FACT
SISU have paid out next to fook all over the last five years for decent players...FACT..before you say King..No transfer fee..FACT
Investment in a football club is paramount..FACT
With the exception of Keogh, and Cranie, and a couple of Academy kids(Who played their socks off) Not one of the rest even tried
Hence RELEGATION...FACT.
Mr Star trek Klingon, was an absolute disgrace, yet Thorn persisted in picking him....Bellend, what can I say? FOUR YEARS contract..:jerkit:.
Thorn is a nice guy, but the time for excuses has been and gone. This is a "Must get promotion season" for Thorn or he should walk.
Btw...Sonny boy! I've supported Coventry for over 50 years...Watched them grow from 3rd division under JH. to Prem, and sadly back down again.
I'm all for giving the new players a chance...AT as well......but I won't be told untruths. Admittedly Thorn has had restrictions from SHITSU, but he should grow a pair and stand up for himself.
There are managers, and there are MANAGERS!....Ian Holloway paid £500k for Charlie Adam, and had a few loanees, but got promoted to the Premier league.
Thorn paid £500k for Cody McDonald and had a few loanees......We got Relegated!:eek:
Anyone see where I'm going with this?
To finish, if you bothered to read my earlier posts, you would see I actually said....We should give the new boys at least 10 games to bed in, then we can make our minds up if we're good enough(Giving 2 Sunday league teams a good hiding is nothing to shout home about)
[RANT OVER]:jerkit:

Actually i love Facts :D There yummy!

So yes i am aware of Thorn's scouting record. As i said, every scott/manager has made a few dud signings and as many have said on this website, not all of his signings have been shit. Some were shite from the get go, some were good but slowly got shite as they went along and then there were those few that are ok and sometimes can show moments of pure genious. It's trying to get them to show those pure genious moments all the bloody time that is the issue.

As Grendal said - SISU have spent 8 Million on transfers in the past 5 years so enough said

Investment in the football club is paramount - Yes i believe i've already said this in another thread and i believe some money from the sales of Bigi and Keogh should go towards our rent situation and a fund to raise enough money to buy the stadium (or as Eddie Murphy would say...HALF!). Yes it will take awhile but if its done right, then it shouldn't too much trouble...

Relegation - Yes i agree with you on that one. Bigi, Keogh and the young'uns worked their socks off. Some were injured but some must at least bare some of the blame. The issue that is highlighted the most is that the signings we now have would have done us better if we'd had them last year. But as i've said on another thread, SISU didn't have a clue what they were doing last year. It took relegation to wake them up.

Clingon - He was a doosh...enough said.

Thorn - Yes he needs to get promotion this year and i think he should leave if he isn't successful but let me ask you a question, what half decent manager would come to Coventry knowing the situation? Not many and lets face it, Thorn is another exercise in money management. He isn't pulling in a huge wage so they save on more money...

As for Thorn standing up for himself, it doesn't matter how low his wage packet is, if he was shouting out about SISU every match interview, after awhile SISU would fire him and then we might end up with an even worse manager than Thorn. Now that is something i don't want to think about let alone contemplate...

As for bedding in...your right...i didn't read ALL your posts, i read SOME of them and they seemed desidedly negative (but i apologise none the less for not considering your whole argument). I also believe the boys need that bedding in period. As for the two friendlies so far, they were confidence boosters not only for the players but also for the fans + a way to hone their fitness. So what people got excited about the games, its more goals than we're used too in a season let alone two games and peopel take their happyness pills where they can get them.

As for the boy comment, i apologise.

Sky Blue Kid

Eastwood was £1.2m......The only transfer figures were Best..£650k with add-ons...Bell £500k...
Other transfers are all undisclosed
Now if you go on hearsay....I heard this...Westwood £150k....Dann and Fox combined £300k....Jukebox £460k with add-ons...Clingan £250k with add-ons..McSheff free....Carsley free. This total I make £3m 450k.....like I said this is hearsay figures.

Grendel

Eastwood was £1.2m......The only transfer figures were Best..£650k with add-ons...Bell £500k...
Other transfers are all undisclosed
Now if you go on hearsay....I heard this...Westwood £150k....Dann and Fox combined £300k....Jukebox £460k with add-ons...Clingan £250k with add-ons..McSheff free....Carsley free. This total I make £3m 450k.....like I said this is hearsay figures.

Here are the fees;

Westwood 660000
Eastwood 1584000
Gunnarson 220000
McPake 308000
Bell 660000
Baker 528000
Deegan 88000
Wood 105600
Hussey 83600
Clingan 308000
McIndoe 264000
Cranie 880000
Juke 528000
Keogh 88000
McDonald 396000
Dunne 88000
TOTAL 6789200

Get some facts next time.

Sky Blue Kid

@ stupot07....

You stats are usually spot on mate but DJ Campbell signed on loanas you stated in 2009, but.....
Blackpool
On 31 August 2010, Campbell completed a permanent move to Blackpool for an undisclosed fee, which was later reported as being a club record £1.25m.[45] He signed a two-year contract with an option of a further twelve months,[46] claiming he had "unfinished business" at the club.[47] His first game was a friendly to open the new Zemgele Olympic Centre in Jelgava, Latvia against Latvian Higher League side FK Jelgava on 3 September;)

Sky Blue Kid

@ stupot......
I'm sorry mate but you are wrong....
please re-read what is says on the first thread BBC news that you set up......It says Loan signing January 2009. in the first paragraph.
He didn't make it permanent untill(One blog says July 31st 2010) My blog says August 1st 2010
Your second thread shows you.......Blackpool 01 Feb 2010 - 01 June 2010...LOAN.
Blackpool 31 Aug 2010 - 29 Jul 2011 Signed ;)

Grendel

@ stupot......
please re-read what is says on the first thread BBC news that you set up......It says Loan signing January 2009. in the first paragraph.
He didn't make it permanent untill(One blog says July 31st 2010) My blog says August 1st 2010

And you were very wrong about the transfer values of players sisu bought.

oakey

Sky blue kid,
As you well know an argumentum ad populum is invalid. Just because most people share a view does not make it a fact. Also the assertion that most people share it lacks credible evidence.
99% thought the earth was flat ... In antiquity. Their evidence was flawed, and most just followed the received opinion, as people do.
Their opinion was wrong. It could have been proven right > then it would be a fact.

stupot07

@ stupot......

I stand corrected. But that doesn't alter the fact that Blackpool's freebies and loan players in their promotion season were a much higher quality than the ones AT was allowed to bring last season.

stupot07

I stand corrected. But that doesn't alter the fact that Blackpool's freebies and loan players in their promotion season were a much higher quality than the ones AT was allowed to bring last season.

No actually I was right but got the wrong loan spell it was from Feb 2010 - scored 8 in 15

On 1 February, Campbell re-joined Blackpool, on loan until the end of the 2009–10 season.[35] He would again be managed by Ian Holloway. He described the move as fate saying, '"It's odd but I was watching the Beeb's show last Saturday night, and the bit where the lady was reading out the e-mails. For some reason my mate said 'just go back to Blackpool', and then I said I wanted to. Then at that exact moment, the lady on the TV said they had just had an e-mail from a guy in Blackpool saying 'sign DJ Campbell'. The way that happened was crazy really — fate, I guess. But the people in Blackpool know I love the club." He added: "You just realise when you come to places like this and see good people, you realise how much you do love the game and it makes everything so much easier."[36][37]

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=24865

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel.....

Unless you work for SISU you wouldn't know at least half of your figures, because I've gone through dozens of transfer sites including Sky Sports etc, You haven't given transfer figures for Dann, Fox, Best, which would boost your stats considerably.......That's if you knew their transfer values....Best...On 5 July 2007, he joined Coventry City[6] for a fee of £650,000 decided by a tribunal.
Dann....January 2008 Dann joined Coventry City for an undisclosed fee, suggested in the media to be "in excess of £1,000,000"Magic words..."Suggested in the Media." Actual term..."Undisclosed"
Fox...
Fox had been linked with a move to Leeds United in the January 2008 transfer window. Leeds reportedly had a bid of up to £300,000 (including clauses) turned down by Walsall.[3]
[edit] Coventry City

Coventry City then agreed a fee with Walsall as Fox wished to move up a league, and he joined the Sky Blues on 28 January 2008 in a double transfer deal (with his defensive partner Scott Dann also moving to the Ricoh Arena only 72 hours later), after agreeing personal terms and a passing a medical. Before this, Colchester United had agreed a fee with Walsall for Fox........
Do you see any mention of the fee to join Coventry?....."Undisclosed"
Gunnarsson.....Aron signed for English team Coventry City on 17 June 2008, signing a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.."Undisclosed"
McIndoe....On 4 August 2009, McIndoe signed a two-year contract with Championship club Coventry City for an undisclosed fee...."Undisclosed"
Westwood....On 18 June 2008, Westwood signed a three year contract with Championship club Coventry City for an undisclosed fee........"Undisclosed"
McPake....McPake signed a pre-contract in December 2008 to join Coventry City in the summer of 2009, but Coventry and Livingston agreed a fee on 2 February 2009 to complete the transfer immediately...No mention of fee..."Undisclosed"
Dunn.......On 30 June 2011, Coventry City confirmed the signing of Chris Dunn on a three-year contract; as Dunn is under 24, an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two clubs...."Undisclosed"

Grendel...You talk out of you backside mate.

Grendel

@ Grendel.....

Unless you work for SISU you wouldn't know at least half of your figures, because I've gone through dozens of transfer sites including Sky Sports etc, You haven't given transfer figures for Dann, Fox, Best, which would boost your stats considerably.......That's if you knew their transfer values....Best...On 5 July 2007, he joined Coventry City[6] for a fee ofR £650,000 decided by a tribunal.
Dann....January 2008 Dann joined Coventry City for an undisclosed fee, suggested in the media to be "in excess of £1,000,000"Magic words..."Suggested in the Media." Actual term..."Undisclosed"
Fox...
Fox had been linked with a move to Leeds United in the January 2008 transfer window. Leeds reportedly had a bid of up to £300,000 (including clauses) turned down by Walsall.[3]
[edit] Coventry City

Coventry City then agreed a fee with Walsall as Fox wished to move up a league, and he joined the Sky Blues on 28 January 2008 in a double transfer deal (with his defensive partner Scott Dann also moving to the Ricoh Arena only 72 hours later), after agreeing personal terms and a passing a medical. Before this, Colchester United had agreed a fee with Walsall for Fox........
Do you see any mention of the fee to join Coventry?....."Undisclosed"
Gunnarsson.....Aron signed for English team Coventry City on 17 June 2008, signing a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.."Undisclosed"
McIndoe....On 4 August 2009, McIndoe signed a two-year contract with Championship club Coventry City for an undisclosed fee...."Undisclosed"
Westwood....On 18 June 2008, Westwood signed a three year contract with Championship club Coventry City for an undisclosed fee........"Undisclosed"
McPake....McPake signed a pre-contract in December 2008 to join Coventry City in the summer of 2009, but Coventry and Livingston agreed a fee on 2 February 2009 to complete the transfer immediately...No mention of fee..."Undisclosed"
Dunn.......On 30 June 2011, Coventry City confirmed the signing of Chris Dunn on a three-year contract; as Dunn is under 24, an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two clubs...."Undisclosed"

Grendel...You talk out of you backside mate.

Best signed before sisu

Sky Blue Kid

icon1.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grendel
Best signed before sisu

I must I'm sure both best and borrowdale's fees were set by a tribunal which was why payment was delayed for so long and i do seem to remember Ranson saying that Sisu had paid for them ....

Thank you stupot07.....And won't argue with you over your statement of Blackpool were allowed better quality players than AT....In the same breath though...Whos' fault was that then?.......(SISU by any chance?);)

Grendel

icon1.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grendel
Best signed before sisu

I must I'm sure both best and borrowdale's fees were set by a tribunal which was why payment was delayed for so long and i do seem to remember Ranson saying that Sisu had paid for them ....

Thank you stupot07.....And won't argue with you over your statement of Blackpool were allowed better quality players than AT....In the same breath though...Whos' fault was that then?.......(SISU by any chance?);)

We defaulted on an instalment for best prior to takeover which was when the clubs financial turmoil became apparantly.

Sky Blue Kid

@ PhilWasn'tBabb.......

Of course you can have some mre facts mate........The Isle of Wight ferry runs hourly out of Portsmouth dock to Ryde......How's that? :D

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel.......

Errrrmmmm who paid the transfer fee for Best???.....As much as it chokes me to say it........SISU did:wave:

Grendel

@ Grendel.......

Errrrmmmm who paid the transfer fee for Best???.....As much as it chokes me to say it........SISU did:wave:

Any signing prior to take over will have a portion of a fee paid for by the new owner as transfer payments are typically spread over a time period.

This initial discussion occurred when you claimed sisu spent around £1.5 million on transfers. They didn't. If you want to include best and also the guy from palace it's over 8 million.

Fees are undisclosed (though you still speculated the value of some) but they cannot be undisclosed to the revenue. The website I use creates estimates from the information available. It's certainly more factually accurate than any of your contribution to the debate.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Oakey........

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate, even me. If you want to take the piss out of me, go ahead...but please do it in good old English, we all might understand what the fook you're talking about then.
PS....If 99% of people agree on the same point, that makes it automatically wrong does it? because if it does.....Then you want to hope that you never get charged with something that requires a majority vote from the jury, after all by your train of thought, that 99% of jurors who voted in your favour........ARE WRONG!;)

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel.....
You say......Fees are undisclosed (though you still speculated the value of some) but they cannot be undisclosed to the revenue. The website I use creates estimates from the information available. It's certainly more factually accurate than any of your contribution to the debate.

I said........If you want to go by hearsay, here are the transfer fees that I had heard......I never said they WERE the transfer fees...Yet YOU say YOUR figures are, when they are no more than estimates.....and NOT FACTUAL as you tried to imply....NO not tried to imply...Stated as FACT.

@ Astute....Do you still want to like Grendels' NON FACTUAL transfer fees?

Astute

I do know for sure when you well underestimate the amount spent on transfers then use the word FACT it stops me from reading the rest and digesting it all.

The word FACT should only be used when you are 100% certain of something, not just going on hearsay or guesswork.

Grendel

@ Grendel.....
You say......Fees are undisclosed (though you still speculated the value of some) but they cannot be undisclosed to the revenue. The website I use creates estimates from the information available. It's certainly more factually accurate than any of your contribution to the debate.

I said........If you want to go by hearsay, here are the transfer fees that I had heard......I never said they WERE the transfer fees...Yet YOU say YOUR figures are, when they are no more than estimates.....and NOT FACTUAL as you tried to imply....NO not tried to imply...Stated as FACT.

@ Astute....Do you still want to like Grendels' NON FACTUAL transfer fees?

I guess the question is who do we trust? A website dedicated to analysing this information or what sky blue kid has heard. It's a tough call.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel....
Don't you listen mate???....I said, There is no way YOU can come up with your "Transfer fee" figures when well over HALF of your figures were undisclosed. Are you watching Astute?....This is a FACT! I never said at any time in the debate that my "Hearsay" fees were true and accurate. I said they were "Hearsay", whereas YOU pushed your figures as "STONE COLD FACT!"

@ Astute.....I have not underestimated anything, because I never said they were my figures at any stage. once again for fear of repeating myself I said the figures were "Hearsay" and never at any given moment said these figures were true and accurate, Unlike Grendel has! The whole point of my post was to show the impossibilty of Grendels' post.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grendel.....LMFAO thanks for proving me right. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
You say......Fees are undisclosed (though you still speculated the value of some) but they cannot be undisclosed to the revenue. Grenduffy says Quote "The website I use creates estimates from the information available. It's certainly more factually accurate than any of your contribution to the debate."

Grendel

@ Grendel.....LMFAO thanks for proving me right. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
You say......Fees are undisclosed (though you still speculated the value of some) but they cannot be undisclosed to the revenue. Grenduffy says Quote "The website I use creates estimates from the information available. It's certainly more factually accurate than any of your contribution to the debate."

Which is true and acknowledged by most on the thread. As I said at the time do we use a website which researched all available data to confirm a transfer fee or do we believe sky blue kid and the fact "someone" told him the fee was less.

Also you can link the thread as I did without havering to drag it open again - or is the "software" stopping that as well?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy...Lose an argument and try to put me down on something else lolol...........And YES! if there has been more software updates on the forum I would hazzard a guess that it has something to do with me not being able to....reply with quote

Sky Blue Kid

For the last week or so I have been able to "Reply with quote" but suddenly can't do it again.....If you don't believe me ask...Shmeee

hill83

I've read through the thread, quite enjoyable. And here's what I see.

SkyBlueKid making several balls ups as usual, getting roundly demolished by everyone else.. Then picking up on Grendels 'facts' which don't appear to be facts but still hold more weight than the wild guesses from SBK. Then SBK using this for the NEXT TWO YEARS as his go to argument when he gets found out in every single thread he ever enters.

Brilliant stuff.

Sky Blue Kid

How the f**k can an "Estimate" be passed off as a "Fact" nob head.......I actually say that my posts on "Transfer Fees" were "Hearsay" didn't I?

Users who are viewing this thread