CET: Keogh in cash + player bid - Derby (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

clough ups ante with a cash plus playeR offeR

COVENTRY City are understood to have accepted a Derby County bid for Richard Keogh.
The Rams were given permission to speak to the defender earlier this week and he is believed to have met manager Nigel Clough at the club's Moor Farm training ground yesterday.

Keogh is also wanted by Cardiff City and Leeds United but a move to Pride Park would suit the Sky Blues because it is understood to involve a cash plus player sweetener * County offering the services of a current squad member with first-team experience on a long-term loan with a view to a permanent deal.

The player has not been named but, having signed French centre-halves Kevin Malaga and William Edjenguélé, manager Andy Thorn has indicated that his priority is to strengthen higher up the pitch.

Cardiff, who have already made one offer for Keogh and are currently on pre-season tour in Austria, might appeal to Keogh given that he knows Ben Turner and Aron Gunnarsson well and a move to Wales would give him a base close to Bristol, his wife's home city.

Leeds are another club with a personal draw for the player whose best friend and former team-mate Martin Cranie is currently on trial at Elland Road.

But Derby appear to be in the driving seat, especially as they could offer the captaincy to Keogh following Jason Shackell's transfer to Burnley and the knee injury that will sideline Shaun Barker for the whole of the season.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Some news feeds are suggesting midfielder James Bailey could be the loan deal.

Sounds more plausible. Derby have circulated the names of four players to other clubs, highlighting their availability. These being Miles Addison, Chris Maguire Lee Croft and James Bailey. It's much more liable to be one of them than Callum Ball. Though I'd be delighted with the latter

jaymo132

Sounds more plausible. Derby have circulated the names of four players to other clubs, highlighting their availability. These being Miles Addison, Chris Maguire Lee Croft and James Bailey. It's much more liable to be one of them than Callum Ball. Though I'd be delighted with the latter
James Bailey product of the Crewe conveyer belt,Derby fan i work with says he's their best player but don't get on with Cloughie

kg82

Plays down the right, yeah? Do we need that? Thorns stated he's looking for strikers so that wouldn't make sense to me.

wingy

The Mcguire fella banged a few in last year and is in the same contract situation as Keogh ,I think,and not favourite with the manager at the moment.Would he want to Drop a league ,Would any of them?

torchomatic

Personally, I've never heard of him. Is he any good?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Twitterage seems to indicate it's Callum Ball, and Keogh has been offered £12 per week :eek:

Wages being why Cardiff have withdrawn proceedings

Users who are viewing this thread