Keogh on honeymoon AT says a "good offer" is on the table (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

COVENTRY City fans can rest easy that Richard Keogh is going nowhere * for the time being at least.
The much sought-after Sky Blues player of the season is currently on honeymoon in the Maldives after tying the knot with his long-term girlfriend in her home town of Bristol.

Cardiff were knocked back in their bid to sign the centre-half, who manager Andy Thorn is keen to get tied down to a new long-term contract at the Ricoh Arena.

The 25-year-old has a year left on his current deal with City, who have offered him improved terms in the hope that he'll help lead the club back to the Championship and to better times ahead.

Thorn is also hoping Keogh's central defensive partner and close friend Martin cranie can be convinced to sign a new deal after his contract runs out this month, and talks remain on-going in that respect.

“keogh's away on honeymoon at the moment,“ revealed thorn who joked, “we can't find cranie but we think he's in his suitcase with him! “Richard got married last weekend but we sat down and spoke to him beforehand and the club have put a good offer together to keep him to be fair.“

wedding bells have also been chiming for midfielder David Bell who got married to his partner the week before keogh near his home in kettering, Northamptonshire, before honeymooning in Italy.

I'd be surprised if he stayed.

The transfer market will start moving from 1st July when the (sought after) free agents sign their contracts.

That will start the merry-go-round.

CovisGod

If he signs a new deal I'll personally offer him sexual favours. I can't remember the last time we had a loyal player that said fuck the money, I'm staying with the club, what Richard Shaw, Marcus Hall ? If he stays it says a lot about the blokes personality, unfortunately the pessimist in me says there must be a reason nobody hangs around even with "improved deals" on their current contract, I expect to see him out the door before long

theprince

If he signs a new deal I'll personally offer him sexual favours. I can't remember the last time we had a loyal player that said fuck the money, I'm staying with the club, what Richard Shaw, Marcus Hall ? If he stays it says a lot about the blokes personality, unfortunately the pessimist in me says there must be a reason nobody hangs around even with "improved deals" on their current contract, I expect to see him out the door before long
What nights are you down Rainbows then ?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
apparently the offer has been faxed to him ............ and AT has spoken to him ..... and he will sign the contract when he steps off the plane ........... oh sorry its 2012 not 2011 and its Keogh not King isnt it ..... :thinking about::whistle:

kg82

Well, it's normal for us

Most other teams in this league have signed players or given new contracts already

You're right, its definitely a conspiracy... It's nothing to do with the fact our owners are shite and we're in a transfer embargo. Let's put it next to 9/11 and JFK in 50 most controversial conspiracy theories.

EDIT: sorry, early morning and I am actually sick of anything ccfc related currently!

Last edited:

torchomatic

You should know. You're the ''insider' apparently.

Wasn't Marlon King away on holiday this time last year when his "good" offer was on the table ?

bobbymac

Keogh is on a win/win situation here. He still has one year of his contract to go so he could do a Westwood and stay with us and then walk away to a nice package next season where he will be able to pick the team he wants. Of course if his new wife is a Bristol lass Bristol or Cardiff is nearer but I think Keogh is 'an intelligent footballer', which is quite a rarity. Cranie, too, is probably waiting to see what Keogh will do.

Hadenough

I think we will spend the summer listening to AT repeating the cr*p he's fed by Sisu,followed by his excuses followed by the player in question leaving!!
Not his fault after all they pay his wages so he has little choice!!,

This weeks classic was 'fight for your places'.. has he any idea about the size (and quality) of the squad he will have at the start of the new season??
What he should have said was 'if you fit your playing,unless you have a letter from your Mum saying why you can't'

CCFC123

Bell picked up a 'knock' when he had his wedding band fitted. Out for the start of the season I'm hearing.

ashbyjan

There probably is a good offer on the table but its from Cardiff or Bristol alongside a shit and patronising one from us.

Users who are viewing this thread