Cov in Bailey loan extension talks (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

COVENTRY City are in talks with Derby County over extending James Bailey’s loan stay until the end of the season.

Bailey’s 93-day emergency loan is up after Coventry’s League One fixture at Stevenage on Boxing Day.

The 24-year-old midfielder has played 15 games for the Sky Blues.

“Playing week in, week out is benefitting James, and he is playing well,” said Rams manager Nigel Clough.

Derby are not short of central midfielders. They have Will Hughes, Craig Bryson and Jeff Hendrick. Paul Coutts can also play in there.

Clough says it will be difficult for Bailey to break into the Rams team.

“With us being so strong in the middle of the park at the moment, it will be,” added Clough.

“We’ve got good competition in there, and when you look at the age of the midfielders, we are looking to keep them together as long as we can.

“James isn’t a player who can play in a different position, so it will be Coventry on loan or somewhere else.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/12/13/coventry-city-in-talks-with-derby-county-over-extending-james-bailey-s-loan-stay-92746-32420129/#ixzz2EvnchygO

Looks promising that he will be staying

Looks promising.

Nigel Clough says “James isn’t a player who can play in a different position", but I'm sure when he arrived it was quoted that he could also play right-back?

ccfcway

well, hopefully thats Bailey sorted..

Extend Moussa'a contract to the end of the season and just DMC to go :thinking about:

He's a good player, but he isnt a great player. Goldie, Baker, Moussa, they're GREAT players cus they have something special, a niche. Bailey hasnt got a niche. With Moussa, its his speed and agility. Baker has skill on the ball and crossing ability that no-one in the team has. And Goldie, no need to tell you why he's special. Bailey is a good consistent player but he isnt one of the stand out players. He's underrated. I would like him to stay, i think he will too, but if he's gonna be remembered by the city fans at the end of the season, he needs to find a niche and show us how he's special

ericagradus

Having seen all home games (league and cups) and a few away games this season. I think Bailey is an unsung hero. I like his consistancy. His positioning. His decision making. I am excited with the prospect of Conor thomas coming back, but in our last match, the pairing with Jennings was perfect. They are clearly comfortable playing together and I would like some stability in the middle.

Clough has pretty much said, he is going out on loan. So if we match the wages, it is down to Bailey and I will be disappointed if he doesn't extend his stay as he has been given the chance of consistent first team football.

He's a good player, but he isnt a great player. Goldie, Baker, Moussa, they're GREAT players

Be careful describing players as 'great'. Ask Torchomatic.

I think he's a good player without being too flashy. Take him out the team and I think people will then realise he's even better than they thought.

torchomatic

It's a lie. We don't even have a player called Bailey.

kg82

I think he's a good player without being too flashy. Take him out the team and I think people will then realise he's even better than they thought.

Exactly that. I think he's a very, very good player for this level. Him and Jennings do all the dirty work to allow sheff, mcgoldrick, moussa and baker to get the glory.

torchomatic

Exactly, right! It's not worth the hassle. Best just to agree with everyone else.

torchomatic

Yes, I think he's ***** . A real unsung hero along with Jennings.

Exactly that. I think he's a very, very good player for this level. Him and Jennings do all the dirty work to allow sheff, mcgoldrick, moussa and baker to get the glory.

torchomatic

kg82

I was thinking great, but was wondering why that'd be censored out?! Being ironic torchy?!

torchomatic

No, just trying to stop Otis droning on about how he's not "great", etc etc

I was thinking great, but was wondering why that'd be censored out?! Being ironic torchy?!

CJparker

well, hopefully thats Bailey sorted..

Extend Moussa'a contract to the end of the season and just DMC to go :thinking about:

I want us to sign Adams too. Our run of good form bean with him balancing the team as a capable left back.

Sack off Ball, Brown, Henderson and Reckord though - if we can. Use the money to pay Goldie!

Get shot of Bell and ROD in January as well - if we can find any takers!

Otis

I want us to sign Adams too. Our run of good form bean with him balancing the team as a capable left back.

Sack off Ball, Brown, Henderson and Reckord though - if we can. Use the money to pay Goldie!

Get shot of Bell and ROD in January as well - if we can find any takers!

Yep. Would say Adams is twice the player Reckord and Hussey are. Would love him to stay. Bailey too.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

stupot07

I don't think they can officially extend it until The January transfer window so he'll definitely miss the MK Dons match, hopefully he'll sign on the 1st Jan.

covcity4life

i wanna keep bell personally.

want to him play on the right in our current formation

out of curiousity i guess lol

Mucca Mad Boys

i wanna keep bell personally.

want to him play on the right in our current formation

out of curiousity i guess lol

Ahead of Baker!? Last season I wouldn't have wanted him to play ahead of Baker, this season, he's been on fire!

ccfclinney

I don't think they can officially extend it until The January transfer window so he'll definitely miss the MK Dons match, hopefully he'll sign on the 1st Jan.

im sure you can because leicester have just let danns stay with bristol till january the 9th... so im sure can do extra month or week or whatever .. then do to the end of the season in jan?

stupot07

im sure you can because leicester have just let danns stay with bristol till january the 9th... so im sure can do extra month or week or whatever .. then do to the end of the season in jan?

Emergency loans can only last 93 days, and baileys 93 days end after the Boxing Day match. danns has only been at Bristol for a month (joined 14th Nov). We will have to wait until jan.

Users who are viewing this thread