Bin Strikes (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

It's a very bitter statement from coventry council with many half truths .

Either way , it's over

JAM See

Wonder how many years worth of pay rise they could have paid with the money they've spunked up the wall on Whites?
Fag packet maths, but

£4,000,000 cost (as stated in Coventry Live)
(Up to) £7,000 extra per driver
70 drivers

4 mil divided by 7 grand divided by 70 drivers = 8 years.

I'm glad gorgeous George and his cronies have been shown up for the charlatans they are.

Well done the strikers.

chiefdave

Congrats Evo. This has gone on so long I can't remember what was asked for in the first place but you've basically got everything you wanted haven't you? So a complete waste of 8 months and a huge amount of taxpayers money.

Evo1883

Congrats Evo. This has gone on so long I can't remember what was asked for in the first place but you've basically got everything you wanted haven't you? So a complete waste of 8 months and a huge amount of taxpayers money.

We've basically got 90% of what we wanted .. but we are happy .

Cheers dave 👍

I agree with the last part

Philosorapter

Please tell me the Unite's Coventry Labour councillors are still suspended from the Union.

Tommo1993

Was quite rare to fulfill those hours when I was doing it. When your/all rounds are empty, what do you do?

Not something worthy of a strike though, I would happily take one of their contracts if they didn’t want it anymore.

shmmeee

This equal pay stuff is mental. Who cares if a job is paid by task or by hour? (Other than Nick) And how is that not equal pay?

David O'Day

I am all for an equal days pay for an equal days work but this is going to be a hard sell to the public

shmmeee

The claim is in regards to being paid unworked hours , partly because loaders worked faster to get work done quicker to go home earlier for the same pay.

We can stretch it out 🤷

Yeah that’s what I mean by task vs hours. You aren’t being paid uncorked hours, you’re being paid to complete a job. They should let cleaners do the same if they want but silly to as you say force you to gonslow for fairness or something.

Evo1883

Yeah that’s what I mean by task vs hours. You aren’t being paid uncorked hours, you’re being paid to complete a job. They should let cleaners do the same if they want but silly to as you say force you to gonslow for fairness or something.

Most of us have accepted we are losing task and finish , I personally don't think a strike will happen ..

David O'Day

it's not though is it, if they are being paid to work for x hours that is the issue and as I said a hard sell to a public who many of will finish their work tasks but have to stay to the end of the paid day

fernandopartridge

it's not though is it, if they are being paid to work for x hours that is the issue and as I said a hard sell to a public who many of will finish their work tasks but have to stay to the end of the paid day

You'd hope one day we move beyond time-based contracts as the reality is that you are really paid to perform tasks:

If you don't work all of your hours but perform all of the tasks, there is no problem

If you do work all of your hours but don't perform all of the tasks, there is a problem

David O'Day

You'd hope one day we move beyond time-based contracts as the reality is that you are really paid to perform tasks:

If you don't work all of your hours but perform all of the tasks, there is no problem

If you do work all of your hours but don't perform all of the tasks, there is a problem
yes but that is not the point I was talking about, it was about selling it to the public and getting them onside when the public are bound by these same rules

Nick

Administrator

Wouldn't that mean overtime wouldn't be a thing? (in any industry, not just this).

fernandopartridge

yes but that is not the point I was talking about, it was about selling it to the public and getting them onside when the public are bound by these same rules

I'm bound by those rules and see no problem at all with binmen going home once they've finished their round, apart from pure spite why would somebody care?

Users who are viewing this thread