Bin Strikes (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Surely the longer the strike goes on the more time it takes to put the drivers back in the position financially they would of been in if they havent gone on strike in the first place

We are being paid by the union , almost all our wages

rob9872

That'll surely cost millions. How much do these unions have in reserve?

Brighton Sky Blue

Gotta hand it to you, @Evo1883. Have been doing some rounds on the bins, and the council loaders I’ve had with me have been obnoxious, proper miserable cunts. Worth picketing for that alone.

Keep in mind the anti union laws limit the number of union members on the picket to 6

Grendel

Gotta hand it to you, @Evo1883. Have been doing some rounds on the bins, and the council loaders I’ve had with me have been obnoxious, proper miserable cunts. Worth picketing for that alone.

Are you a scab then?

Evo1883

I have not. A council part owned company, yes. Tide things over on agency until I start full time with Biffa maybe.
Ah OK Tom White 😂 .. not sure what you've been doing with them be it coventry council work or TWW work ..

CCC loaders for the most part are sound lads

Tommo1993

Ah OK Tom White 😂 .. not sure what you've been doing with them be it coventry council work or TWW work ..

CCC loaders for the most part are sound lads

Well it’s council wagons I’m driving. Yeah I had a feeling I just ended up with someone who was just a bit of a grumpy berk who moans at me. Sounds to me it’s mostly council work focused atm, I might be wrong though.

Evo1883

Hearing of some very good news coming on this

giphy.gif

Evo1883

When the news gets out I imagine quite a lot of green eyed comments will come out. Don’t complain, unionise and collectively get the better conditions and pay you deserve.

I'd like to think that our going on strike and persisting so long with the backing of Sharon Graham had a small input in giving other workers the confidence to mobilise and start pushing for better pay .. since we went on strike many many more followed .

It's been a rough ride , one of the longest strikes in the last couple of decades in the UK

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd like to think that our going on strike and persisting so long with the backing of Sharon Graham had a small input in giving other workers the confidence to mobilise and start pushing for better pay .. since we went on strike many many more followed .

It's been a rough ride , one of the longest strikes in the last couple of decades in the UK

It should be an inspiration for future battles to get people to realise they don’t have to accept being run roughshod over. Sadly I really don’t see either teaching union getting close to the required turnout nationally and internally I think they know that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well , you will have solidarity from us at CCC

Teaching is heavily unionised but most join out of individual protection rather than collective action. That and any strike is met with ‘you don’t care about the kids’ so traditionally we’re very reluctant to act.

Think a ballot is going to come unless there’s an 8% rise

Users who are viewing this thread