Biamou (1 Viewer)

fatso

One swallow? He's had several good games recently. Lack of goals is an issue obviously, but have been impressed with his all round contribution recently.
That’s the crux of the problem, he can work hard, but dosnt score, which is great if someone else bags one and we manage a win. But when we don’t score his record becomes a problem. We can’t rely on mcnulty to score every game.

theferret

That’s the crux of the problem, he can work hard, but dosnt score, which is great if someone else bags one and we manage a win. But when we don’t score his record becomes a problem. We can’t rely on mcnulty to score every game.

Yep, that's fair, he does need to start contributing on the goals front of course, I don't think anyone is denying that.

fatso

Entitled to your opinion of course, but the suggestion this is the first time he has put a shift in is bollocks (in my opinion obviously).
Wouldn’t you rather have someone who puts a shift in every week AND scores?
It is actually possible to do both you know!

theferret

Can you quantify few games recently please ? Say how about Carlisle away ? Two games ago ?

Didn't see him at Carlisle. At Port Vale he didn't do much, but he has been decent for the last 3 home games imo. Nobody is saying he a world beater, just that he has had a few games where he has been effective and showed some promise. Today wasn't the first time he has turned up though as some are suggesting, but he does need to be more consistent and chip in with a few goals, that goes without saying.

Skybluefaz

He did well today. You have to score goals though as a striker. Otherwise you might as well chuck Rod Mcdonald up front to win some ball. I hope the goals come. I'm not sure they will though.

ccfcway

As long as he contribution is like that and we win. I don’t care if he never scores another goal again.!

very very solid performance today and so loathed to post anything negative today, but I have to respond. He does need to start scoring in the league soon. We cant have a striker go over half the season playing most games and not scoring 1 goal

Grendel

Entitled to your opinion of course, but the suggestion this is the first time he has put a shift in is bollocks (in my opinion obviously).

I don’t think anyone can question his work rate. The problem is you can have a goalkeeper whose the best shot stopper in the game but if he never moves off his line and he never ever claims a cross he will cost you games.

Cov kid 55

I tell you how good is is , any opportunity to fill that spot and he will be sub or gone , that’s how good he is. I mention Carlisle earlier he did not even start, go on check wiki or whatever , I know as I was there
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I was at Carlisle and thought he was poor that day, but feel he offers a lot to our team, as, more importantly, does MR. He may well come good in terms of goals, as has McNulty. I would be concerned, however, if I was getting ‘likes’ from Grendel.

BackRoomRummermill

One thing I noticed about the second McNulty chance that was cleared was Biamou's lack of a goalscorer's instinct to follow the shot in

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Its like the Mcnulty Pen against Carlisle , if you get to see it again TWO of their players beat Biamou to the rebound and I am told he can hold his own physically , if he gets a football brain their is a good player in there.

Johnnythespider

I'm a fan of Max for his effort and work rate but I believed he would have started to find the net by now, if we can find someone who can do what he does as well as chipping in with a few goals then i think we should, until then he will have my support, unlike the bloke who sits behind me.

Otis

I'm a fan of Max for his effort and work rate but I believed he would have started to find the net by now, if we can find someone who can do what he does as well as chipping in with a few goals then i think we should, until then he will have my support, unlike the bloke who sits behind me.

Exactly where I am with him, Johnny.

If we can replace him, then great, if not, I think he is our best option for that position of target man (also helps in his favour that he's the only target man we have anyway too, mind).

clint van damme

Exactly where I am with him, Johnny.

If we can replace him, then great, if not, I think he is our best option for that position of target man (also helps in his favour that he's the only target man we have anyway too, mind).

People may disagree with this but I take into account where he's come from. He's made the step up and is improving so I'm prepared to give him more time.
Obviously be nice if we have a budget to replace him with better, or even bring in better and still have him in the the squad.

BackRoomRummermill

I remember when Cyrille , Killer and co used to booze in the Blacksmiths at Ryton in the mid eighties , one afternoon my mother gave him the biggest dressing down along with Killer for language. They were the days when the players would just sit in the pub with everyone else.
Great days to be honest

pusbccfc

Does anyone know where Biamou was playing before 2015? It looks online that he wasn't even at semi-pro level until joining a 4/5th tier French side in 2015.

The thing I love about Biamou is the way it means to him playing for a club like Coventry. This is by an absolute mile the biggest club he has played for and the highest level he has played. The way he celebrates with the fans at the end of games is brilliant. I know people still like to slate him, but they I find it hard to dislike a player who's probably on pennies a week who is appreciating his chance.

Otis

Does anyone know where Biamou was playing before 2015? It looks online that he wasn't even at semi-pro level until joining a 4/5th tier French side in 2015.

The thing I love about Biamou is the way it means to him playing for a club like Coventry. This is by an absolute mile the biggest club he has played for and the highest level he has played. The way he celebrates with the fans at the end of games is brilliant. I know people still like to slate him, but they I find it hard to dislike a player who's probably on pennies a week who is appreciating his chance.
I really want him to do well and don't like that some constantly slag him off.

He does need to be contributing though to the goal tally. Even just 3 goals would have been a godsend and taken pressure off him.

If we don't bring another player in to take up his mantle I really hope he proves all the doubters wrong.

Be interesting to see that now with Barrett and JMD whether Biamou gets better service into the box and can benefit from that.

It's not even like he misses a load of chances. For the most part he's not even getting chances.

slyblue57

Stokes , Saido Berahino , £120000 has nt scored for 38 games according to BBc and offers nothing.
I think I ll give Max a few more games yet,I know which player I d prefer in a City Shirt out of those two.
Max is a good asset to the team and will score ( eventually )
pusb

AVWskyblue

I remember when Cyrille , Killer and co used to booze in the Blacksmiths at Ryton in the mid eighties , one afternoon my mother gave him the biggest dressing down along with Killer for language. They were the days when the players would just sit in the pub with everyone else.
Great days to be honest
Regis and Bennet also used to drink in the bug and black bat in the birdcage

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Its so frustrating. I can take him not being a 20 goal a season striker with what he contributes but how long can you keep playing a forward that hasn't scored a single goal? If he could add 5-10 goals a season to his game I'd be more than happy.

Esoterica

He does need to add some goals to his game but as long as he continues to improve and we keep on winning then he's got that time. He does look languid sometimes and gets a bit pouty every now and then but he's French :p He's got some excellent skills and can pick a pass too so adding goals to his game would make him a real asset.

stevefloyd

He has to offer something and he is by his battling performances, he holds the ball up a reasonable amount and if he was playing in midfield he would be a firm fans favourite but the lack of goals is definitely costing us points....Port Vale, Forest Green, Mansfield, Stevenage, Crawley all those games we dropped points IF he had of scored in any of those games we would have more points!! I quite like him its his first season BUT IF we could get a replacement who did all of his good work and added goals its 100% right at this point to replace him

Skyblueol

I really highly rate Biamou. I think he can claim some fame from Mcnultys recent form as he creates that extra problem and makes space for Mcnulty to run into. He always requires a defender on him as he is decent with the ball at feet. His ball for Mcnulty on Saturday was class. I do agree he needs to chip in with a few goals. I’ll be happy if he scores 10 this season. But as long as Mcnulty keeps scoring and Biamou keeps playing as well as he does I’m happy. He gets more stick then he deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread