Biamou (3 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

Having seen Biamou in seven games this season (five victories, 1 draw and 1 defeat) he just doesnt look like scoring and snatches at chances in a way that shows he is lacking confidence.
I have been very impressed with his work rate, he is willing if limited. At Port Vale, as I said at the time, I felt that if had one of their target men been playing for us we would have won the game.
It seems he is liked by the fans and there is something endearing about the way he comes over to the fans at the end of the games. I hope he succeeds on an individual level.
It would be interesting to trawl through our success rate with and without him in the team, I suspect there would be some stat that says he is good for the team.
At Carlisle we toiled in the first half with him on the bench, scored when Duck was on the pitch but we opened them up when Biamou replaced Duck.

Otis

Having seen Biamou in seven games this season (five victories, 1 draw and 1 defeat) he just doesnt look like scoring and snatches at chances in a way that shows he is lacking confidence.
I have been very impressed with his work rate, he is willing if limited. At Port Vale, as I said at the time, I felt that if had one of their target men been playing for us we would have won the game.
It seems he is liked by the fans and there is something endearing about the way he comes over to the fans at the end of the games. I hope he succeeds on an individual level.
It would be interesting to trawl through our success rate with and without him in the team, I suspect there would be some stat that says he is good for the team.
At Carlisle we toiled in the first half with him on the bench, scored when Duck was on the pitch but we opened them up when Biamou replaced Duck.
But like you say, snatching at chances could just be down to a lack of confidence in front of goal rather than a character flaw.

stevefloyd

Despite his age he is like one of the youngsters coming into the team and learning the game, he battles well but someone wrote earlier he doesn't have that instinct in him he doesn't anticipate following in shots maybe that is confidence but surely he has desire time will undoubtedly tell

Terry Gibson's perm

Most goalscorers are born to do it they have an instinct and it all comes naturally so age doesn’t matter, Biamou and Beavon don’t have that instinct but pontecelli does have it.

better days

Most goalscorers are born to do it they have an instinct and it all comes naturally so age doesn’t matter, Biamou and Beavon don’t have that instinct but pontecelli does have it.
Agree to some extent but it's only a few weeks since Mark McNulty was getting stick even though he was working like a dog and doing everything bar scoring
Really hope Max gets off the mark soon
Others have said he had a similar start at Sutton
If he starts scoring I reckon we'll tonk a few teams as he's less self centred than the Duke and more of a team man

BlueElephant

Agree to some extent but it's only a few weeks since Mark McNulty was getting stick even though he was working like a dog and doing everything bar scoring
Really hope Max gets off the mark soon
Others have said he had a similar start at Sutton
If he starts scoring I reckon we'll tonk a few teams as he's less self centred than the Duke and more of a team man

I think if he started to bang them in he'd become one of my favourite players of all time. Max 'Marmite' Biamou - always loved Marmite.

Mucca Mad Boys

Beavon is and has always been a consistently a low-scoring striker. Biamou, however, got 13 in 49 last season so he’s roughly a 1 in 4 striker in the league below. I’m unsure whether Ponticelli would better that. Undoutedly a natural goalscorer at age group standard, but he’s clearly a development player - he’s probably not ready to have an impact on our season yet, in the league he’s yet to score.

Biamou needs to get a goal ASAP. But goals aren’t the only way to judge him - it’s very reductive. He creates chances and forces defenders into mistakes and is clearly someone Robins values in the team. Why else would Robins not start McNulty and Nazon together ahead of Biamou? It’s no coincidence that both of these strikers best spells have come playing alongside Biamou. I think he could still come good on the goalscoring side of his game.

The way people go on ‘big and dominant’ target men who can get 10-20 goals just come and go. In League 2, the big target men that everyone wants are more akin to Clive Platt than Andy Carroll. If a striker is dominant in the air, and gets goals... they aren’t hanging around L2 for very long.

fatso

Beavon is and has always been a consistently a low-scoring striker. Biamou, however, got 13 in 49 last season so he’s roughly a 1 in 4 striker in the league below. I’m unsure whether Ponticelli would better that. Undoutedly a natural goalscorer at age group standard, but he’s clearly a development player - he’s probably not ready to have an impact on our season yet, in the league he’s yet to score.

Biamou needs to get a goal ASAP. But goals aren’t the only way to judge him - it’s very reductive. He creates chances and forces defenders into mistakes and is clearly someone Robins values in the team. Why else would Robins not start McNulty and Nazon together ahead of Biamou? It’s no coincidence that both of these strikers best spells have come playing alongside Biamou. I think he could still come good on the goalscoring side of his game.

The way people go on ‘big and dominant’ target men who can get 10-20 goals just come and go. In League 2, the big target men that everyone wants are more akin to Clive Platt than Andy Carroll. If a striker is dominant in the air, and gets goals... they aren’t hanging around L2 for very long.
Do you not think that ANY other big centre forward could do everything that Biamou does, AND score some goals as well?
And there are plenty of big centre forwards who score goals in this league, and the ones below. MR even looked at a couple, but chose to stick with the cheapest option.

steve82

Keep plugging away with Biamou over this winter period while the pitches are poor, come late march early April unleash Ponticelli again when the grass is growing and play slick passing football on the deck using McNultys intelligence and Ponticelli pace and eye for goal to wrap up the season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Do you not think that ANY other big centre forward could do everything that Biamou does, AND score some goals as well?
And there are plenty of big centre forwards who score goals in this league, and the ones below. MR even looked at a couple, but chose to stick with the cheapest option.

Mark Robins didn’t ‘choose to stick with the cheapest option’ with Biamou. The only striker we missed out on was that Williams from Doncaster - because they chose to keep him. Even then, he’s 5”10, so hardly the ‘dominant bruiser’ who’ll get 10+ goals.

If you don’t mind me saying, I think you lack context. MR went out of his way to stress Biamou was a raw talent needing developing - he wasn’t bought in as a first choice. Tbf to him, he’s improved as the season has gone on performance-wise. Long-term injuries thrust him up the pecking order, and he’s earned that starting berth - he seems to get the most out of our other options. Again, MR made the point that Andreu and McNulty had played alongside each other in Scotland - I think they were going to be first choices.

In summary, we missed out on our first choice, signed Biamou to be developed and because of injuries he’s made more appearances than planned - and he’s still getting the most out of his strike partnerships.

Johnnythespider

When Max does finally get a goal can I ask that we all stand and give a rousing rendition of Biamou Biamou Biamou to the tune of the Ribena Zooby doo advert.

EFL League Two Assists 2017-18 - Supreme Footballers

Found this information, that may be of interest:

3 League assists for Biamou and a 46% win percentage.

Jodi's stats are 5 league assists and 47% win percentage.

Liam Kelly : 2 league assists and 50%

Not sure on others, these 3 were the only players on the list. This was the only source I could find assist info but I'm sure there are other sources available...?

PCH

His miss yesterday was unbelievable. I was sat in line with their penalty area and he showed all the signs of a complete nervous wreck in front of goal. I don't think there's a sports psychologist in the country can help this guy. I like him for his contribution as a rule but when he's having a bad day (as he did yesterday) it's glaringly obvious he needs a rest

oucho

Not sure why MR is persisting with him...is Beavon injured?

smileycov

Facebook User
His miss yesterday was unbelievable. I was sat in line with their penalty area and he showed all the signs of a complete nervous wreck in front of goal. I don't think there's a sports psychologist in the country can help this guy. I like him for his contribution as a rule but when he's having a bad day (as he did yesterday) it's glaringly obvious he needs a rest
I agree totally, I like him but watching him yesterday I just felt he was spent. There was no confidence in scoring that chance at all. I didn’t think he was as dominant in the air either. Rest him, give ponti a run with Barrett and M-D out wide

AFCCOVENTRY

Not sure why MR is persisting with him...is Beavon injured?

I think robins doesn't have much choice as he needs someone big upfront to hussle. Biamou does that and works hard but the fact he can't even chip in with he odd goal means there is huge pressure on mcNulty for goals.

Robins has some critical decisions to make in this window and if he gets it wrong it will be another season in L2 and the budget will reduce next season.

Covstu

He’s grown on me and certainly displays hard work. I think playing someone like Biamou requires two competent wingers to feed crosses in the box or an attacking midfielder making runs from the knock downs. At the moment we don’t have either

Users who are viewing this thread