Biamou (4 Viewers)

mark82

One swan does not make a summer, I will turn it round for you ..... if he poked in a few goals we would be in the top 3 cemented this has been the difference. But today credit he scored today a wonder goal but he needs to chip in.

Let him have his moment. Great goal, might be just what he needed. His confidence looked lifted immediately. Played really well today.

fatso

Great goal from max today, I hope he gets a lift from it and goes from strength to strength. But we still need cover for the no 9 position.

Otis

Great goal from max today, I hope he gets a lift from it and goes from strength to strength. But we still need cover for the no 9 position.
Agree. Needs another target man to challenge for the position.

higgs

He would be a useful option if we were chasing a game and brought him on as a sub along with our number 9 and macnulty

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Super goal today fittingly right out of big Cyrilles note book. Played well and hopefully now he’s broken his duck more will come. I know he’s missed a stack of chances but on a positive note atleast he’s been in position to miss them.
Took the great Ian Rush ages to net his first for Liverpool then the flood gates opened you never know.

Bristol sky blue

Have always liked Biamou - first time I saw him was Swindon away when he he caused them problems right from the whistle (and got into good scoring positions twice in the first 10mins).
I think our players appreciate what he brings to the team, but Stokes made some thinly veiled criticism of him after the Exeter game (and rightly so).
Glad we signed him, but we still need a more composed and ruthless striker alongside McNulty to guarantee a play off spot.

pusbccfc

The view of Biamou being one of my favourite City players ever is growing. You can tell on twitter how much he wanted that yesterday. Biggest goal in his career.

Otis

Not one of my favourites, but certainly doesn't deserve some of the over the top ridiculous criticism he gets on here.

I'm sure someone said he is the worst footballer they had ever seen.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Not one of my favourites, but certainly doesn't deserve some of the over the top ridiculous criticism he gets on here.

I'm sure someone said he is the worst footballer they had ever seen.

Clearly have a goldfish memories, we’ve had Yakubu, Nathan Clarke, Turnbull and Andre Wright, Dan Ageyi in the last twelve months, all were ‘worse’ footballers than Biamou.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting to see Robins said Biamou wanted to go out after training when it was getting dark to do some extra practise as well.

Cov kid 55

I remember where I was when I heard Kennedy had been assassinated (Edgewick Primary School car park), when Churchill died (in the kitchen of my parent’s home in Lydgate Road) and where I was when Coventry City won the FA Cup ( Wemberley!). I also remember when and where I got married!

Now I will always remember where I was when Max Biamou scored his first goal for the famous Sky Blues (row F seat 17 in the East Stand) Magic!!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I remember where I was when I heard Kennedy had been assassinated (Edgewick Primary School car park), when Churchill died (in the kitchen of my parent’s home in Lydgate Road) and where I was when Coventry City won the FA Cup ( Wemberley!). I also remember when and where I got married!

Now I will always remember where I was when Max Biamou scored his first goal for the famous Sky Blues (row F seat 17 in the East Stand) Magic!!

Can you remember where you were when we declared war with Germany in WW2?? ;)

wingy

Yeah But which block? B-)

Cov kid 55

Haha! Did you think that was a bit of a crap post guys? Perhaps a bit over dramatic? What I can tell you is that I can never remember where my car keys, wallet, glasses or mobile phone are, and I can never remember what I did the day before yesterday! PUSB!!!

Otis

Haha! Did you think that was a bit of a crap post guys? Perhaps a bit over dramatic? What I can tell you is that I can never remember where my car keys, wallet, glasses or mobile phone are, and I can never remember what I did the day before yesterday! PUSB!!!
Me neither, but I am very much hoping we can bag all three points in the game against Swindon coming up though.

wingy

Nah loved it mate. B-)

Warwickhunt

Where was you when Shaw scored

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm really happy for him that he scored a goal, but there is a bigger picture here. He needs to follow up on this one, not wait another half a season.

We need to get promoted and we probably need to hit the autos to do that. Playoffs are a lottery.

Let him have his moment, sure, but we desperately need another striker in for some competition in that position. Let's not let this gloss over the fact his goal scoring record has been atrocious. Hopefully he will kick on from here. We're coming up to the most important part of the season for sure now, so it would be a crucial time to either have him scoring more, or someone else doing that job if he isn't up to it.

Evo1883

Was my man of the match Saturday . But we need more from him still , and preferably we will bring in a new target man

smileycov

Facebook User
Interesting to see Robins said Biamou wanted to go out after training when it was getting dark to do some extra practise as well.
That may account for his woeful finishing...perhaps he practices in the light now!!

Sky Blue Pete

Although a striker he is playing behind McNulty as the front man. The team are set up not to concede rather than score a hatful. His stock in trade are headed goals from crosses. Think only 1 goal has been scored like this all season.

Granted I think he has missed the odd chance but to expect any striker to score you have to make chances and we don’t.

Pretty pleased that most of our fans can see this and they were as chuffed for him as he was for himself on Saturday.

Even playing 4-4-2 genuinely would help. It will be interesting to see maguire-drew and Barrett both playing and getting crosses in to see if he has that in his game.

Esoterica

Although a striker he is playing behind McNulty as the front man. The team are set up not to concede rather than score a hatful. His stock in trade are headed goals from crosses. Think only 1 goal has been scored like this all season.

Granted I think he has missed the odd chance but to expect any striker to score you have to make chances and we don’t.

Pretty pleased that most of our fans can see this and they were as chuffed for him as he was for himself on Saturday.

Even playing 4-4-2 genuinely would help. It will be interesting to see maguire-drew and Barrett both playing and getting crosses in to see if he has that in his game.
Said on another thread that how deep we sit as a team affects the role Biamou is being asked to play too for long periods of the game. A lot of the time he has to come very deep for our long balls with just McNulty running off him or even just to defend from the front. If you compare that to e.g. Wycombe and the way they play off Akinfenwa: he plays high or even on the last line, with multiple runners from midfield going beyond the defence into space. In our current set up it is really only McNulty who benefits, as Biamou has pulled a defender out the backline leaving gaps for McNulty to exploit. Biamou then has to make up 20 yards each time if he is to get into a scoring position. A totally different role to the one he played at Sutton. Yes, he missed half a dozen chances golden opportunities but now he's got his goal he deserves the chance to see if he can carry that on, as the goal was clearly a huge weight off his shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread