Ben Sheaf future (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

No stats needed, just a chat with the player and someone good at judging his attitude. Thinking further back to big duds like Kyle/Eastwood/McKenzie all 3 were just not in the right place mentally.
You have a rotten attitude though to ccfc. Say we r shit in a season we finish 16th. Should we get rid of you?

cc84cov

Too ponderous on the ball typical arsenal player all about looking nice on the ball...Walsh is far superior sheaf is the type of player to go missing in battle Eccles is better going by robins comments,£750k when we need the budget in other areas 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Marty

One can never be sure even after viewing the stats and then spending time watching the player. If someone can come up with a way of assessing resilience in a statistical kind of way that may be a missing picture.

Madness - doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Maybe we were wrong to expect we could do something different with kastaneer and despite the talent the reason he was playing at the level he was and no more was because he was only good enough for that

Different with potential cause we don’t know always why a Maddison happens and a Bayliss happens. That’s a real skill to recognise what will happen

If you can't spot the difference between Maddison and Bayliss you may as well give up watching football. I remember I used to get laughed at on here when I said Maddison would be a regular for England and be one of the top players in the country, only thing stopping that is the current embarrassment of riches in that position.

Marty

Would be interesting to see the stats side by side of both Maddison & Bayliss in League One. We can see if they're comparable.

fatso

No stats needed, just a chat with the player and someone good at judging his attitude. Thinking further back to big duds like Kyle/Eastwood/McKenzie all 3 were just not in the right place mentally.
In Eastwood's case he was never in the right place when the ball came into the box!

stupot07

It’s because we are essentially a self-proclaimed ‘small time’ club. Filters through in a lot of what Robins/Boddy say. I don’t mind it though as it tempers expectation. £750k is a paltry fee in the Championship.
It won't all be paid in 1 lump either, it will be a structured deal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I go off body language and smiles per game (SPG)

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

I haven't said to ignore the stats have I? but they're floored, they don't take into account variables like quality of opposition players, How they set up to play, how you set up to play, teams you haven't played etc. Playing a team like Tranmere will give you far different stats to playing a team like us or Sunderland. Stats won't tell you that you played against the worst performing teams but were injured when you had to play 8 out of the top 10.

Re; the last sentence, If you want to use stats then you need to break it down more, pointless putting a pass that leads to a 60 yard hopeful shot on target, and a killer ball that your striker blazes over from 5 yards lumped in together.
All stats are flawed then

cc84cov

Sheaf looked good when he came on yesterday, always available as an option, turns both ways, gets his head up. If he grows into his potential he's a major upgrade on Kelly as Sheaf can put his foot in as well
The game was long over Millwall were sunbathing

cov donkey kick

Thought he was a lot more quicker on the ball yesterday didn't pick the wrong decision or pass and I think he's in for next season,not sure where he fits in.

ccfc1234

I was not quite as surprised by the news as some given his acute lack of game time and impact on the overall season. Clearly has scope to improve and I can only assume Robins feels he can use the budget in better ways? Perhaps on James no doubt high wages or maybe to bring in a top quility forward.
Wish Ben well and will be interesting to see where he goes next.

Sick Boy

I was not quite as surprised by the news as some given his acute lack of game time and impact on the overall season. Clearly has scope to improve and I can only assume Robins feels he can use the budget in better ways? Perhaps on James no doubt high wages or maybe to bring in a top quility forward.
Wish Ben well and will be interesting to see where he goes next.
What news?

chiefdave

I assume the 'people going back to their parent club' news has given the 2 + 2 = 5 impression for some that he won't sign.
Not really a surprise that when you have a player on loan with an obligation to buy who it has been reported has to meet certain conditions for that obligation to kick in, and may not meet those obligations, that people might think they aren't signing when the club put up a news article saying they've been sent back to their parent club.

Could have said the player has returned to his parent club pending completion of the previously agreed transfer to make it clear.

skybluegod

Not really a surprise that when you have a player on loan with an obligation to buy who it has been reported has to meet certain conditions for that obligation to kick in, and may not meet those obligations, that people might think they aren't signing when the club put up a news article saying they've been sent back to their parent club.

Could have said the player has returned to his parent club pending completion of the previously agreed transfer to make it clear.

We aren't allowed to sign anyone at the moment though are we because of the embargo? So perhaps even if we intend to we can't?

AiS86

Where did this obligation to buy thing come from? Anyone got an example of other players who've been signed in that way? I know loans have an option to buy but this is the first I've heard of obligation to buy

Marty

Either the obligation still exists or it doesn't so either way the statement could be clearer.

I think the club would have mentioned it one way or the other, tbf, the initial announcement of his signing only say it's an option and not an obligation.

Users who are viewing this thread