Bayliss or Maddison (3 Viewers)

SKYBLUES90

So we have 3 passes in 2 seasons that he assisted goals through the middle.
My frustration with Tom was always how much he liked the simple ball, the ball on the overlap and the simple side wards pass... I often found myself annoyed at his ability to give the ball away in silly areas, and Not pick out the obvious run through the middle way way too often, he struggled to trap balls when he wasn't under pressure... For a player who drives through the middle his stats are nowhere near where they should be, especially for a player that finds himself 30 yards from goal an awful lot

That simple ball on the overlap often ended up in us creating a chance from the wing, or him putting a ball into the box for Sterling/Thomas to run onto a put a ball across the box.

Before he came into the team we had Kelly/Doyle in the centre, the majority of our play was from left to right and we struggled with creating any chances as all we did was play crab football. He came into the team and completely changed that with his pressing play. We will miss that massively next season unless Allen steps up and can fill that void.

Evo1883

That simple ball on the overlap often ended up in us creating a chance from the wing, or him putting a ball into the box for Sterling/Thomas to run onto a put a ball across the box.

Before he came into the team we had Kelly/Doyle in the centre, the majority of our play was from left to right and we struggled with creating any chances as all we did was play crab football. He came into the team and completely changed that with his pressing play. We will miss that massively next season unless Allen steps up and can fill that void.

You know what, I disagree however I actually hope bayliss goes and tears it up at Preston and shows the football world hes got it irrespective of my opinion

Time will tell

SKYBLUES90

You know what, I disagree however I actually hope bayliss goes and tears it up at Preston and shows the football world hes got it irrespective of my opinion

Time will tell

I can certainly see your point of view, he by all means didn’t set the league a light last season with goals/assists but he just bought something to the team that drive us forward that we have lacked.

Otis

Hit the nail on the head here, which is why I’ve said people must be mad to think 2 million is a good deal.

Might not scored or assisted many last season but his ability to run past players with ease, drive the team forward and pick out a defence cutting ball put him a class above the rest last season. He will be a huge loss.
Totally agree.

covbromsgrove

Good luck to both. Maybe it's because I'm old and don't really hold grudges or are jealous of others but anyone that comes through the ranks with us IS ALWAYS ONE OF OURS in my eyes. I hope the future Wales, Scotland, Ireland, NI and England national teams are full of our lads.

Legia Sky Blue

Given that Maddison has already made the England squad it's really an unfair comparison. If Bayliss stays injury free I don't see why he can't develop into a good Premier player. The fact is he is 20 years old with potentially plenty of development in him before he reaches his peak seems to be forgotten by his critics on here, who seem to think the mistakes he made with us will be common throughout his career. Much depends on his own drive & determination ,but he definitely has the ability to make it to the top, & i'm disappointed we won't get to see him make that improvement with us..

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Maddison is much better at diving. Top in the Premier league .

shmmeee

This threads bringing back memories of all the people that said Maddison would never make it, fell over too much, too lightweight, etc.

Bayliss will have a great career. Obviously tired and maybe head turned last year. Fully expect to see him in the Prem before he’s 23.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not a chance, Maddison is far superior to Bayliss.
True, but of course we should be looking at it in terms of the point at which both left CCFC. Clearly Maddison has proven himself at the top level to date.

stupot07

Maddison is a special talent, his touch and technique is on another level and he will go to a big 4 and be an England regular.

Bayliss has the potential to develop into a Premier League player given time, but he hasn't got the xfactor that will take him to the same level as Maddison. You could always tell Maddison was a bit special.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

Two completely different players.

Maddison is more skillful on the ball, whereas Bayliss seems to glide across the pitch with the ball.

I think Maddison is the better player and will go further long term though.
The close across the pitch with the ball analysis is spot on. I don't see many in the prem about to travel with the ball at feet like Tom can. He will be missed this season and if he trains on and works on his final pass he will go far. Good luck Tom hoping you look amazing in the championship so we can realise our sell on clause in the not too distant future!!

Evo1883

Maddison is a special talent, his touch and technique is on another level and he will go to a big 4 and be an England regular.

Bayliss has the potential to develop into a Premier League player given time, but he hasn't got the xfactor that will take him to the same level as Maddison. You could always tell Maddison was a bit special.

We do agree on certain things atleast

fernandopartridge

Maddison is being hugely hyped here, hasn't yet achieved anything but a half decent season for Leicester.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Maddison is being hugely hyped here, hasn't yet achieved anything but a half decent season for Leicester.

So achieved I suppose is subjective, I mean he hasn't won a trophy.
But in terms of his season last year, he had a great season.. Created over 100 chances for Leicester, the first player to do that in a season in 7 years in the Premier league.
Managed to play for England u21s at a major tournament
And won Leicester Young player of the season award
Second highest scorer for Leicester last season and most assists
Talksport have ranked him as the 18th best player in the Premier league..

I think he's doing really well

Obviously I don't know much about the game so we will go with your half good season and over hyped

fernandopartridge

So achieved I suppose is subjective, I mean he hasn't won a trophy.
But in terms of his season last year, he had a great season.. Created over 100 chances for Leicester, the first player to do that in a season in 7 years in the Premier league.
Managed to play for England u21s at a major tournament
And won Leicester Young player of the season award
Second highest scorer for Leicester last season and most assists
Talksport have ranked him as the 18th best player in the Premier league..

I think he's doing really well

Obviously I don't know much about the game so we will go with your half good season and over hyped
Talksport. Let's end it there mate eh.

Seen a lot of people on twitter saying that Bayliss will go further in his career than Maddison. What is your opinion?
Really?
Bayliss is a good player but Maddison was always an absolute class player. We were lucky to get to see Maddison for the short time we did.
Maddison was always going to make an impact on the biggest stage.
I am not sure if Bayliss will get above the championship.
Are people really comparing the two?

Covstu

Agree with most, madders is the better player but turned into a little cocky twat. I hope bayliss becomes a better player but cannot see it and felt Preston wasnt a great club for his development

Users who are viewing this thread