Ben Sheaf future (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nothing in that. All the released players were there too.

Bit different when they're under contract to us and around the place. Sheaf had gone back to Arsenal to look at his injury so I doubt he'd have come back at all if the deal wasn't happening. He'd have stayed down there.

Frostie

Bit different when they're under contract to us and around the place. Sheaf had gone back to Arsenal to look at his injury so I doubt he'd have come back at all if the deal wasn't happening. He'd have stayed down there.

My thinking too. Østigård didn't return for it.

no_loyalty

He had recovered from his injury and was back in the squad for the last match, so that is why he went on the stadium visit, I guess?

D

Deleted member 11652

Obligation to buy just seems an odd arrangment. If there's no clause in it, it's just a prearranged transfer, if the obligation is to buy after playing x amount of games, they could just be benched before hitting that clause making it just an option to buy. What am I missing here?

I just don’t understand it? Why would Sheaf agree a contract 12 months in advance?

Colin Steins Smile

I just don’t understand it? Why would Sheaf agree a contract 12 months in advance?
The agreement from the clubs side reduced the financial risk factor to the club.
If we had been relegated this season and had bought Sheaf last summer, it could have caused real problems for the club.
In relation to personal terms, I would guess we are matching his current deal or close to it

ccfc1234

Not saying i want it to happen but does anyone think Sheaf has the potential to transition like Eric Dier has at Tottenham from DCM to a place in the back three?

rexo87

According to Alan Nixon (Sun) he has signed. Cov fan asked him the question and he replied with just ‘signed’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

Not saying i want it to happen but does anyone think Sheaf has the potential to transition like Eric Dier has at Tottenham from DCM to a place in the back three?
Dier started as a CB at Sporting then went 'forward' with Spurs (via RB for a bit) then 'back'... I would doubt it... We lack pace at the back already.

Mr Panda

Alan Nixon the journo from the Sun who had the inside track on the Sheaf deal last summer says he has signed.

The question which preceded that tweet mentioned "rumours Blackburn wanted him"

"Signed" could mean he's gone there too, I need specifics!

Frostie

The whole article is nonsense - Turner hasn’t got a clue if he’s going to sign or not and throws a lazy headline out. Big shock

Today's article is even worse & sums up how out of touch Telegraph are with the club at times. Literally just rehashed material from weeks ago rather than doing any actual journalism.
Turner made to look a bit silly now that we find out he's signed from elsewhere on the same day Turner's admitting he hasn't a clue 🤦🏼‍♂️

CDK

This is going to be an interesting window and looking forward to those signings coming in and who else can get a move out of the sky blues, re kasta,hillsner

procdoc

This is going to be an interesting window and looking forward to those signings coming in and who else can get a move out of the sky blues, re kasta,hillsner
I think we will find it very difficult moving Kasta and Hillsner out

Terry_dactyl

I’ve been thinking about a midfield of sheaf, Walsh, Hamer, O’Hare...best young midfield in the championship?

Ps
I want us to sign James

procdoc

At the risk of sounding stupid, had we already budgeted for Sheaf out of this seasons kitty or will it come out of next seasons? I only ask as it was already agreed this season

Users who are viewing this thread