Away Kit?? (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

I see where they are going with the harking back to singers, but they should’ve left it a couple of seasons before using the same template as last year. If they’d done a brown kit this season, followed by a green and black stripe next and then gone to the pink and blue halves it wouldn’t be so annoying and come across as being so lazy

like that line of thought...PUSB

AOM

Pretty much echo what everyone else has said

If last seasons had been completely different, I'd absolutely love this one but it's literally just changing of the two colours so a bit meh

Last edited:

PVA

Regarding it not being available till next month, there is a global shortage of just about everything at the moment so I'm not too surprised by that

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There were photos of that exact shirt going around well over a month ago & it would have been decided well before that. Whether you like the shirt or not is a personal thing, but no way is it a rush job

No it was a rush job? Whoever made it pushed one bloody button!

1628264148157.png

usskyblue

You lot this season are doing my fuckin coconut in

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Meh, it’s alright. Disappointed they’ve just changed colours and not design.
Thing is the kits in the last two seasons were very nice, possibly the best for a number of years. Hummel would’ve been pushing their luck if they managed it a third year in a row.

NortonSkyBlue

Nice kit, echo others comments on the similarities to last years kit but given the circumstances for Hummel it is understandable. There has been a pandemic apparently, who knew?

CCFC54321

Poor effort by the club and who makes the kits decision. When you have a kit that has mixed opinions then it’s not worked. If 75% of people like the kit just like the others then it’s worked as a design. This hasn’t worked based on feedback so far judging on my messages and this forum.

ajsccfc

If people are disappointed, just wait for October when the brown third kit is unveiled. Not me though, I'll be smashing the FUCK out of my piggy bank on my way to the club shop

cov4theprem

If you can't wait until September for the new away kit, simply bung last season's away shirt in the washing machine with a £50 note and 1/2 teaspoon of bleach, and voila!

AJB1983

I think there are obviously different levels in terms of the ‘service’ that Hummel offer, and ultimately I think it’s down to cash.
For example Bristol City and Everton have their kits but have a vast range of other Hummel training and lifestyle gear too. Southampton have the proper retro range too.
Only thing we’ve got this year that’s really any different to the norm is the bespoke home kit and that anthem tracksuit top (which is nice btw) like what Bristol had last year. (I suppose we do have the Ricoh return shirt too).
so if we had more wonga in terms of the sponsorship we might have more gear and also maybe a different kit template for the away.
First season kits wise was excellent with the pinstripes and the 2tone kit.
Can’t complain too much.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Nice kit, echo others comments on the similarities to last years kit but given the circumstances for Hummel it is understandable. There has been a pandemic apparently, who knew?

Please tell me how the pandemic affects the people designing the kit.

It looks like Dave Boddy did it on Paint from what it looks like.

lord_garrincha

Southampton have the proper retro range too.

Surely there must be a bright spark who could see that they could make a few quid doing a 87/89 retro range.

The whole offer makes me feel that they are too shit scared to invest in a range on the basis it won't sell and they are lumbered.

jordan210

I mean it is the same template, same panels and cut, feels a bit off the peg. shame with the effort made with the others

I think it’s slightly different the neck line looks a different style and doesn’t have the Hummel chevrons down the arm.

NortonSkyBlue

Please tell me how the pandemic affects the people designing the kit.

It looks like Dave Boddy did it on Paint from what it looks like.
Okay, let’s say they have 5 designers for example. 2 were on furlough and 1 has Covid. Now 2 are pushing out kit designs for all their clubs. Voila!
Now I don’t know if that is the case but I feel I have explained as asked.
How about cutting some slack to a club that has been paired back to the bone and is obviously struggling to manage?

RegiswasGod

Hahaha, they're on to the complete nut jobs on twatter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806_170945_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806_170945_com.android.chrome.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 101

skybluepm2

What anti climax after weeks of waiting especially after the designs were said to have been signed off months ago. Can’t recall us having a pink shirt in the past but even a bit of variation to last months design wouldn’t have gone amiss. Will probably get it for the collection but it’s a tad frustrating.

Liquid Gold

Can’t wait for the third kit. It’s going to be a remake of the 92 kit but only on the bottom half and the colour will be slightly purple.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Okay, let’s say they have 5 designers for example. 2 were on furlough and 1 has Covid. Now 2 are pushing out kit designs for all their clubs. Voila!
Now I don’t know if that is the case but I feel I have explained as asked.
How about cutting some slack to a club that has been paired back to the bone and is obviously struggling to manage?

I know you are only answering my question, but that is complete fantasy. As businesses go, something like Hummel will not have felt the pinch like other companies. Their commodity doesn't really change based on the pandemic or not. They have also done kits for other teams that have been absolutely fine, so either: We are just unlucky OR something has gone a bit wrong somewhere.

Considering the whole summer seems to have been a bit jagged for the club, it feels to me as if this is just another thing they didn't quite get right. Of course, it may well be the fault of Hummel that it has taken this long, and is a pretty copied design, but I don't buy the excuses you have given.

No, I'm not in outrage, and many of my comments are tongue in cheek, but considering we haven't signed anyone else for the first team, a decent kit may have caused a nice little distraction today. Instead, it goes on the moaning list along with Greggs being closed.

NortonSkyBlue

I know you are only answering my question, but that is complete fantasy. As businesses go, something like Hummel will not have felt the pinch like other companies. Their commodity doesn't really change based on the pandemic or not. They have also done kits for other teams that have been absolutely fine, so either: We are just unlucky OR something has gone a bit wrong somewhere.

Considering the whole summer seems to have been a bit jagged for the club, it feels to me as if this is just another thing they didn't quite get right. Of course, it may well be the fault of Hummel that it has taken this long, and is a pretty copied design, but I don't buy the excuses you have given.

No, I'm not in outrage, and many of my comments are tongue in cheek, but considering we haven't signed anyone else for the first team, a decent kit may have caused a nice little distraction today. Instead, it goes on the moaning list along with Greggs being closed.
Of course you don’t! I have no idea if my scenario is right or not but I am delighted that it gives you and others an excuse to express your feelings towards your club.
Like the kit, buy it, don’t like it? give it a wide berth.

Users who are viewing this thread