Away Kit?? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Any ideas when they are going to release the away kit?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Has anyone invented a reversible kit - home and away all in one!

Man U did it early 2000's but didn't take off. Not sure why - I think it's a great idea and if I was on the board definitely something I'd be looking at. I guess the money men think there's more profit in selling two kits separately.

A few lads at my school did the idea mid-late 90's as part of a business studies sort of seminar thing and I was just sitting there thinking "why the f*** didn't I think of that". There were actually a bunch of people there as 'assessors' (it was like a Dragon's Den panel really) and the fact the actual product came out only a few years later I've always felt one of the bastards on that panel nicked the idea.

wingy

Man U did it early 2000's but didn't take off. Not sure why - I think it's a great idea and if I was on the board definitely something I'd be looking at. I guess the money men think there's more profit in selling two kits separately.

A few lads at my school did the idea mid-late 90's as part of a business studies sort of seminar thing and I was just sitting there thinking "why the f*** didn't I think of that". There were actually a bunch of people there as 'assessors' (it was like a Dragon's Den panel really) and the fact the actual product came out only a few years later I've always felt one of the bastards on that panel nicked the idea.
Cards and chest mate.

shmmeee

I got laughed out of the room as a Marconi trainee for basically suggesting Sky+ as a thing.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Whilst would be great for fans, financially crazy, look at how they migrated what was a home kit for 2 years and an away kit for two years to all being every year now and most have a 3rd kit and benefit from multiple sponsors, multiple player kit sponsorships and new kit deals from the manufacturer if you're in a higher league.
The additional revenues now are incredible and the winners massively are all the producers on the profit margins.

JimmyHillsbeard

Reversible kits didn’t make sense financially. You’re basically selling two for the cost of one and even if you sell more home kits as a result the combined total of home and away will never match the sales of separate kits.

SkyBlueMatt

Didn’t England have a reversible away kit that was red on one side and blue on the other?

Yes they did, 2004. It's my favourite 'legit' England shirt, I always wear the reverse side because I'm so alternative and that.

*Edit* Actually reading your post, I'm thinking about a different shirt.

ajsccfc

Did we ever wear the PES versions in a game? I remember the kits but never seeing them actually being played in

Alkhen

Did we ever wear the PES versions in a game? I remember the kits but never seeing them actually being played in

No think it was just a gimmick fans version to sell more. as people mentioned the badge and logo on the inside chafed your nips something chronic.

Alex1987

Have we ever started a season without releasing the images for an away shirt (not a third released part way through)?

rob9872

Delaying it actually makes sense. Sell as many of the home kit as you can without offering a choice and then some that might have only bought away might buy twice. Not loads as some will have waited and some will only want or can only afford one, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread