Attendances Next Season (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Personally I think away support is a very good indicator of the size of a clubs support as well.

I remember me and my dad being 2 of only about 300 who went the short distance to Villa Park in the 80s and some of our away followings were diabolical, embarrassing.

Nowadays our away support is brilliant and it’s not just in number, it’s noise as well.

I think that we might be surprised how many come to games and how boisterous things get if we had a serious good run next season.
Even in the early to mid 00s it wasn’t great compared to now - it always seemed to be the same old faces and max of 800

Northants Sky Blue

But it has. Even without inflation there's twice as many 'core supporters' in the Prem as there is in L2.

It's a nonsense. There are always levels of supporter obviously, some go to freaking Spain for a pre season friendly, some go to one game a season if they're lucky. But they're relative to the overall size of the fanbase which grows and shrinks in line with performances on the pitch, more specifically league position/'success'. This idea that we have some particularly fickle fans is rubbish.

Think we're at cross purposes. I've not suggested our fans are fickle, just the opposite, ie. diehard numbers held up well considering relegations

But those home crowds unfortunately havent been as big as other teams who've also tumbled like Portsmouth, Ipswich etc

Anyway, I'm probably glass half-empty after all the years following City so lets hope for a bumper 1st game and keep momentum going

Last edited:

COV

Think we're at cross purposes. I've not suggested our fans are fickle, just the opposite, ie. diehard numbers held up well considering relegations

But those home crowds unfortunately havent been as big as other teams who've also tumbled like Portsmouth, Ipswich etc

Anyway, I'm probably glass half-empty after all the years following City so lets hope for a bumper 1st game and keep momentum going

I don’t think those clubs tumbled as much as us, don’t forget we were the only ones to have never been in top 6 for 40 years or whatever it was. Did Portsmouth end up in league two? Pretty sure Ipswich didn’t but not sure about Pompey

COV

tommy hutch legend

Personally I think away support is a very good indicator of the size of a clubs support as well.

I remember me and my dad being 2 of only about 300 who went the short distance to Villa Park in the 80s and some of our away followings were diabolical, embarrassing.

Nowadays our away support is brilliant and it’s not just in number, it’s noise as well.

I think that we might be surprised how many come to games and how boisterous things get if we had a serious good run next season.
was at that game sunny day if I remember our support was like a pre season friendly

fernandopartridge

I think about 18k, though there might be a bit of a post (if we really are) pandemic nervousness which stops some people coming to matches. That said, 18k is not a million miles from 2 seats per person

shmmeee

Pandemic is going to play a big part. It’s typical City that we wait 50 years for a revival and are our fans can’t watch for the best part of three seasons either through our owners actions or COVID.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Pandemic is going to play a big part. It’s typical City that we wait 50 years for a revival and are our fans can’t watch for the best part of three seasons either through our owners actions or COVID.
1 season they *can’t* - they were always able to go to most of the promotion season

Reactions: vow

Northants Sky Blue

We're guaranteed 13k on average from ST holders and away fans alone. You reckon only 1k more than that is 'expected'? Really?

Really hope its more mate.

Im probably too pessimistic after my previous expectations for a sustained increase in home support havent materialised. (eg 11k a few days after the Gillingham full-house?)

20k+ for Forest should happen, I'd be happily surprised with 16-18k over the season (if we're a mid-lower table team again).

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

I don’t think those clubs tumbled as much as us, don’t forget we were the only ones to have never been in top 6 for 40 years or whatever it was. Did Portsmouth end up in league two? Pretty sure Ipswich didn’t but not sure about Pompey
Pompey were in league 2. Think they won it the year we were relegated from league 1.

Yorkshire SB

Be gobsmacked if it's as low as 16/17k - think it'll be at least 20k

We've sold 10k season tickets, more or less
Away fans going to bring anywhere between 2-6k fans

Sky Blue Harry H

Be gobsmacked if it's as low as 16/17k - think it'll be at least 20k

We've sold 10k season tickets, more or less
Away fans going to bring anywhere between 2-6k fans

Do ST sales get counted in attendance if they are not there on the day (e.g. me v Forest)?

hill83

It’s typical city saying typical city. Supporters of every club will be saying the same bollocks.

COV

Why has the Forest match become the ultimate barometer of how many fans we’ve got for some people? Doesn’t make sense

hill83

Why has the Forest match become the ultimate barometer of how many fans we’ve got for some people? Doesn’t make sense

It’ll give us a bit of an idea, compared to the attendance there right now for example.

rob9872

We'll have 23k v Forest, but our season average will be 17,342 (exactly - I should really put this in the I old you so thread :) )

D

Deleted member 4439

Presumably, we've not shifted many since they went on general release, otherwise I'd have expect a tweet saying 10k sold (unless I missed that one).

Evo1883

80 pound for 2 adults and 2 u16s to watch city v forest
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread