March

Sat 12th – Sheffield United – Category A
Wed 16th – Hull City – Category C

April

Sat 2nd – Blackburn Rovers – Category B
Mon 18th – AFC Bournemouth – Category B
Sat 30th – Huddersfield Town – Category TBC

skybluesam66

There is the excuse out of the way for when only 16k turn up.
certainly better revenues than when they made it £10 a ticket on the last return, only for people not to bother after that
I am not sure how they will deal with match packages
if they make it £20 per game , there is no benefit on cat c games
if they make it any less, club together with a couple of mates and get into cat a really cheap

skybluesam66

80 pound for 2 adults and 2 u16s to watch city v forest
giphy.gif
but the same 2 adults and 2 kids would happily spend that in a toby carvery

Evo1883

6 category A matches
10 Category B matches

So basically 2 thirds of the season it's 25 and above

Don't think it's going to entice people to watch us play bottom half championship football

pusbccfc

£30 for Forest at home being on Sky may have ruined a sell out opportunity. Fairweather Cov fans won't pay that when they can watch it in the pub.

Fulham being category A will be the lowest attendance of the season.

£20 for night games and £25 for most Saturday games is still reasonable value.

You'd hope that they'll still have offers on for games like Peterborough on a Friday night etc.

SlowerThanPlatt

£30 for Forest at home being on Sky may have ruined a sell out opportunity. Fairweather Cov fans won't pay that when they can watch it in the pub.

Fulham being category A will be the lowest attendance of the season.

£20 for night games and £25 for most Saturday games is still reasonable value.

You'd hope that they'll still have offers on for games like Peterborough on a Friday night etc.

Yeah Fulham is an odd one, it’s a new ground for them but I don’t think they even travel well in London

skybluesam66

Season ticket £299 with a free shirt and £25 club shop voucher - I was always happy with this, but looks more of a bargain with each passing day.
it wont be that price next season
they are also going to add different categories of seat again next season
so my half way line seat @ £299 with the free gifts, will probably be nearer £500 next season

SlowerThanPlatt

I get Blues and WBA, Midlands derby of sorts and will bring big support. Is a game against Fulham or Derby any more appealing than a Bristol City or Blackburn though?

D

Deleted member 4439

Definitely makes the season tickets look really good value for money at £16 a game

Even Club Coventry works out cheaper than the Cat A matches. Could be to encourage STs or match packages, as well as the income taken from away attendance. Doubt that it will seriously hit attendances except for when we're on sky maybe - after all, cheap tickets has never seemed to work in the past?

Reactions: AOM

Legia Sky Blue

Season ticket holders are quids in at those prices. I wonder if they will offer the 6/12 game match packages this season, and if so at what price?

pusbccfc

Doesn't always pay to cheapen the product. Get it right on the pitch and they will come.

Our first Play Offs, against Notts Country proves this wrong. 22-25 quid a ticket and fans didn't turn up.

Most of our big attendances at the Ricoh have been cheap tickets or a big away following.

We have a huge number of fans who jump on the bandwagon. They won't pay £30 for Derby at home.

matesx

Match packages will be for any game so I’d guess at

6 game £150
12 game £240

D

Deleted member 4439

Our first Play Offs, against Notts Country proves this wrong. 22-25 quid a ticket and fans didn't turn up.

Most of our big attendances at the Ricoh have been cheap tickets or a big away following.

We have a huge number of fans who jump on the bandwagon. They won't pay £30 for Derby at home.

Those cheap tickets are just one-offs. First of all, it can't be commercial to sell at tenner a ticket. Second, as one-off opps people attend whereas no way would you have say, 3 times the amount buying a ticket at a tenner vs 1 at 25-30 over the season.

I'd be pretty sure the club will have done their analysis rather than having plucked a figure out of the air.

pusbccfc

Those cheap tickets are just one-offs. First of all, it can't be commercial to sell at tenner a ticket. Second, as one-off opps people attend whereas no way would you have say, 3 times the amount buying a ticket at a tenner vs 1 at 25-30 over the season.

I'd be pretty sure the club will have done their analysis rather than having plucked a figure out of the air.

Of course, but my argument is not that we should charge £10 a game. My point was our crowds have been poor unless tickets are cheap and/or a big club turn up with 5000.

The last two sell out matches, JPT and Ricoh return were priced at £10(?). Would we have sold out had they been £25?

theferret

Of course, but my argument is not that we should charge £10 a game. My point was our crowds have been poor unless tickets are cheap and/or a big club turn up with 5000.

The last two sell out matches, JPT and Ricoh return were priced at £10(?). Would we have sold out had they been £25?

You're talking about our wilderness years though. I take your point, but we've sold as many season tickets this season as our 1st Ricoh season when we averaged 21K. Pricing was fixed at £23 that season for all games, but it was 16 years ago. We were pulling in 24K against the likes of Luton and Crystal Palace back then.

The pricing for Cat A games will effect attendances, but hopefully not too much. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread