Are you happy (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I have paid for headspace and have only really used it for sleep sounds.

Cant get into the other stuff, just lose interest :(

Brighton Sky Blue

Hope everyone is doing their best to stay healthy mentally!

Hopefully a little sense of normality is helping

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

With the end of term in sight I’ve been able to do a few more walks around the countryside which has been refreshing. Can’t wait to see the back of it even if just temporarily.

shmmeee

I have paid for headspace and have only really used it for sleep sounds.

Cant get into the other stuff, just lose interest :(

This is about my fourth time trying and finally getting somewhere to be fair.

All about distance from your thoughts.

*sits cross legged and chants*

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, pretty reluctant to use it myself. For my last week in the office I stopped it anyway tbh and drove.
I'll be WFH for the foreseeable, my home office isn't opening until end September.
Mrs.Wisdom will have to get from Coventry to Oxford, that car friendly city. Think she'll be driving anyway, but can see her days being spent queuing up to get in, queuing up to leave... with little work in between the two!

Sky Blue Pete

Lonely today. Kids back at school and work and wife back in her workplace this afternoon. Working from home with the dog. Tired

Sbarcher

Feel totally overburdened with bloody woke, Covid, climate, me too, fuel/food shortages, onset of Winter, price increases.....
I can remember pulling a girl's pigtail in the playground when we were 6, I live in fear of a 6am knock on the door from the Old Bill.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Currently gutted as I had to say goodbye to my dear old dog a few days ago.......hurts like fuck.

He was my furry shadow for nearly 13 years......missing him so much.
I always feel more sad at this news than I do when a human being dies. I dread losing my current little boy. I still miss my last old dog. He was 15½. I still watch videos of him even now, and he's been gone 11 years.

Brighton Sky Blue

Still working on getting out of my job. I've interviewed for and been offered short term positions in roles I really want, but the job security's too poor to take them. Applying across the board at the moment, understandably not getting anything in scientific roles because I've been out of the game too long.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Nice to see this thread got bumped, cheers @Rich - have to say it has been a weird time. Found out the missus was pregnant, 5 days later that one of my two remaining dogs was dying of cancer and had weeks left, then two weeks after that we lost the baby.

Strangley, it has been one of the best Christmases I've ever had. I stayed in England and we had a blast every day for the last month or so. Parties, presents, and making the most of every moment we can. Pub on Tuesday nights because why the fuck not?

It's been 5 weeks since we were told our dog was at the end, but he's still here and is bizarrely very lively. The last two weeks he's shown little signs of illness and even did an hour round Lickey Hills this afternoon. He seems as happy as I can remember.

It just goes to show how precious things are, but how special you can make times too. What a bit of love can do. I feel like I'm doing pretty well, and just got a promotion at work as well. Going to keep positive and try my best to stay that way in 2023.

Sky Blue Harry H

I never like looking too far ahead, as despite trying to plan in my head, life has a habit of biting you on the arse. That said, I agree about the positivity bit as @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 said. My younger brother has had cancer, on and off (it gets treated, then returns) for the last 17 years and I have ever since lived with a kind of survivor's guilt. If anything should happen to him, it will crush me. Luckily he just carries on with life regardless. Have enjoyed the company of a new group of City fans this last season = meeting up for a few jars on Saturday, and home life has been enhanced with our mad dog, now 17months old, and who wants to let the world know he's in town. Wife was petrified by dogs, but now will happily have half a dozen bouncing around her in the park. Great thread, and blessings to you all !

tisza

Like many business owners last few years been a real struggle. Seen too many friends lose their businesses.
But last few months really tough. Finally succumbed to COVID which was rough but the Long COVID that has followed is just a nightmare. It's inexplicable and interminable. Chronic fatigue combined with insomnia just a horror. Doctors don't seem to have any answers.

Then in November Dad suddenly died. Been fighting cancer and Alzheimer's for a couple of years. COVID meant he never got proper,timely cancer treatment - lots of cancelled appointments and treatments. Alzeiheimers just an awful disease.
Then got a call from his latest wife he'd collapsed at home and was in hospital. Doctors saying in a week they'd know more about what they could do. Day 3 he had an embolism and died a few hours later. All this whilst I couldn't travel back (due to COVID) so never got a chance to say
goodbye. COVID also meant I couldn't make his
funeral either. So have to make peace with that.

Now need to find away of dealing with this Long COVID so it doesn't damage other parts of mine and my family's future. 2023 going to be financially difficult enough for the businesses without this added problem.

rob9872

No back story for me. Luckily compared to most on here it seems, all is well currently. Never can take life complacently though, as we all know anything can be round the corner. Hopefully for those experiencing tougher times, a change is coming - PUSB!

Sbarcher

Really glad to get Christmas and New Year over with. Always an emotional trigger having lost our daughter to mental health issues. Fifth anniversary next month since she left us which will be an awful time for my wife especially. We inherited her dog who my wife adores despite never being a dog lover. He brings so much joy to our lives.

Just recovering from a new hip so looking forward to normal mobility and getting back to fishing and watching City. We are determined to do more and go places this year. So much of the UK still to visit.

I hope 2023 turns the corner for all financially and we move back to a more stable environment, our children and grandchildren deserve better than the world we have created for them.

Users who are viewing this thread