2,800 (1 Viewer)

1966skyblue

The bigger crowd for the last 2 games has meant we have managed to get 4 pts after being behind in both games. It would be a shame to miss the best young players to come through our academy system.

pw362

Most people on here seem to have a choice as to whether or not to go to sixfields. What about those of us who can't because of the fact we don't play in Coventry?

Hobo

2,800? WOW!
SISU have us going in the right direction?

On a separate matter, I'm prepared to back Pressley for the next three years!

theferret

the first part of your sentence contradicts the second

I think you're probably right.

My point is, the 7000 who went berserk at MK Dons clearly feel that this is still our football club. It is the fact that it is still our football club that makes people care so much about what is happening. To say it is no longer our club is borderline bonkers at the very least.

italiahorse

2,800? WOW!
SISU have us going in the right direction?

On a separate matter, I'm prepared to back Pressley for the next three years!

Good luck. I hope Sisu will back him as well.
Personally can't blindly continue to throw money at Sisu when they have not really told me what they are planning.

ccfc92

I think you're probably right.

My point is, the 7000 who went berserk at MK Dons clearly feel that this is still our football club. It is the fact that it is still our football club that makes people care so much about what is happening. To say it is no longer our club is borderline bonkers at the very least.

it's always our club until the team bus enters Northampton

zuni

just say they built the ground at Bermuda business park...is it still OUR team?, no idea if they will, think I read it somewhere on sbt

Hobo

What have SISU done to try and keep us in Coventry?
What offers have they made?
What negotiating have they done?
They keep blaming others and pointing the finger but what have they done????

I will support my team till the end but not SISU.

NorthernWisdom

Most people on here seem to have a choice as to whether or not to go to sixfields. What about those of us who can't because of the fact we don't play in Coventry?

Given you asked, even if rhetorically ;) I'd suggest it's the likes of you who deserve most sympathy and, probably, should have the most focus on.

Time we got away from the numbers game, and highlighted the social.

SkyblueBazza

Explain what? Why should they explain anything to you? Are you CID?

I agree with that...& I see no reason why TF would be anything other than extremely worried until he gets an above 8k attendance there. He's being made to look very silly being >75% out in his forecasting of attendances thus far.

Otis

Given you asked, even if rhetorically ;) I'd suggest it's the likes of you who deserve most sympathy and, probably, should have the most focus on.

Time we got away from the numbers game, and highlighted the social.

I'm sort of in this category, though I could most certainly attend on Sundays. Saturdays have most definitely now been taken away from me due to the 34 mile trip.

I could do Sundays, but I will not go out of choice anyway. I will not attend until we come back home.

LB87ccfc

Why oh why every game do we need a boring negative thread on here going over and over the same utter crap?? so predictable, just because one or another has different opinions, reasons for going / not going, every one will never agree on the same subject, some people go because they want to see a game of football and support a young over achieving team play attractive football, some don't want to go because it's not in Coventry, yet when we was in Coventry, we averaged 11,000 last season, I must of seen 20,000 moaning about us not being in Coventry, so when we was at the Ricoh, where was they all? because you would think 20,000 + lives have been destroyed yet never attended anyway.
Some go because they treat it as an away game, some go because they know they cannot force sisu to sell, some will not go on principle.

All in all why do we need to go over the same thing over and over again, there is feck all we can do, we are stuck with it, ACL / SISU / CCC are ALL at fault in their own ways.. but it's us fans who get punished, and there is feck all we can do about it, that is the blunt truth as much as it hurts me and you.

Thanks to all who tried ie the Trust / KCIC / NOPM but they are all set up incorrectly and never had a leg to stand on.
Sisu don't give two shits about us, and have not for past three years.. can't we all see that!

torchomatic

Going by your rule of thumb why do people follow them when they play matches away?

what makes me laugh, is Nick etc are quick to jump to the sixfields attendees defence.

but there's one very simple question I ask those that go.

why do you support CCFC?

95% will say because they are my home team etc.

so since when did Northampton become a local team?

torchomatic

till trying to find an explanation on why you and the other usuals would attack your own fans.

too many....

explain yourselves.....

:wave:

Otis

My feeling is, yes, they are still our team, but it just doesn't feel like it at the moment.

The longer they are away the more distant I feel they will become and the more our loyalty will be tested.

pw362

Friend of mine goes to away games only. His reasoning is that we are playing at the stadium we should be when the fixtures came out.

italiahorse

The underlining fact is that people are stopping supporting in droves.
Five years will devastate the fan base. 12,000 will be enough.
We could be at the Ricoh, maintain fan base, be better off and still build a new stadium.

We all know why not !! Sisu you will move on eventually but will never be forgiven.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The underlining fact is that people are stopping supporting in droves.
Five years will devastate the fan base. 12,000 will be enough.
We could be at the Ricoh, maintain fan base, be better off and still build a new stadium.

We all know why not !! Sisu you will move on eventually but will never be forgiven.

Yes but by then will many people care? Remember the milk ad with Ian Rush and the 2 kids?

ccfcway

Exactly, we don't know what is going to happen do we? This time next year SISU could have bought the Ricoh and made it a 65,000 with a stand of safe seating and we could have just hammered Man Utd 17-0 at home in the Championship.

your right, as its as likely as SISU still not purchasing land and breaking ground on a new stadium

italiahorse

Yes but by then will many people care? Remember the milk ad with Ian Rush and the 2 kids?

As long as Sisu know that people will not be there, they can take responsibility for it and adjust the quality of team to support the income and level we play at.
The problem is that statements like 'build it and they will come' and we'll get some full houses at sixfields shows they have not got a clue.
CCFC could pay with their existence because of their gross mismanagement.

Great advert !!

I do watch some away games, but sometimes I can't make them. I can watch whichever games I want, whether you think I am selfish then it is up to you but I am not coming on here telling people they should all go to games.

Attendances are growing, it is probably because we won last game and people are off work. If we go on a losing streak of course they will go straight back down.
"Attendances are growing" well you need to get up on the stage and start a career as a comedian, the gate was a joke,5,000 went to milton keynes at the same time last year,1,500 extra christmas tradition tickets this is the best they will do this season.

skybluelee

Yes but a lot of them that go down there aren't coventrians so couldn't care about sisu v the city of Coventry,theyll never have that tie like us, ive tried to explain this time and time again but they won't have it.

If sisu move us permanently out of Coventry a lot of them wouldn't care, theyd still go and effectively would steal this city's football club.

You are talking bollocks. Non-Coventry resident City fans feel just as strongly as other City fan do about what is going on.

Many of us have to travel hundreds of miles to home games in Coventry and for a lot of us Northampton is nearer but we still won't go.

thaiskyblue

it was on a program on bt sport last night about small clubs and clubs that have dissapeared very interesting presented by tom watt ( lofty in eastenders), i suggest all sky blue fans try and watch it, also found out Forfar are called the sky blues. But the main theme was about how clubs represnt their local communites, a brilliant show.

shmmeee

IF it was announced that Sixfields was sold out every week the club would get promoted to the championship would there still be the shellfish ones that refuse to attend.

Um yes, because I don't think anyone is boycotting because of how were doing on the pitch.

Surely a more apt question would be if it was announced we'd move home if we sold out.

you're an idiot

Why are they selfish? It isn't bang on though is it?

What will happen if a stolen car crashes into me and disables me for life? Should I not drive on the road again just in case? It is all what if's.

is it just me or is this a serious case of analogy gone wrong???!

Otis

Um yes, because I don't think anyone is boycotting because of how were doing on the pitch.

Surely a more apt question would be if it was announced we'd move home if we sold out.

As I've said on numerous occasions, this surely should have nothing to do with how well we are doing on the pitch. If you are opposed to our playing home games 34 miles away, then it should make no difference whatsoever whether we are 20 points clear at the top, or 20 points adrift at the bottom.

If it's wrong to be at Sixfields it's wrong to be at Sixfields.

letsallsingtogether

Lets see where they are in 2 weeks Xmas out the way everyone back at work pissing down with rain ......And if they lose a couple of games.....

"Attendances are growing" well you need to get up on the stage and start a career as a comedian, the gate was a joke,5,000 went to milton keynes at the same time last year,1,500 extra christmas tradition tickets this is the best they will do this season.

Users who are viewing this thread