2,800 (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

too many....

explain yourselves.....

:wave:

Sky Blue Pete

No they are supporting their team in the only way they know how. They are not the enemy - very frustrating but hey - most people understand the game that's going on - just not all

ccfc92

No they are supporting their team in the only way they know how. They are not the enemy - very frustrating but hey - most people understand the game that's going on - just not all

Not saying they are the enemy. But your last statement is my point. most realise whats going on, but not all.

ccfc92

Explain what? Why should they explain anything to you? Are you CID?

explain why the attendees have jumped up by 1200. surely the Northampton locals haven't given up on their own club so quickly?

there should be no CCFC fan in sixfields at all.

GaryPendrysEyes

Going to be 5 years in Northants anyway though isn't it GPE?

Think most of us are pretty resigned to that anyhow.

Maybe Otis, but still forlorn hope Sisu have a 'real' business plan, where they will clear out after another year and move on. And someone new can pick up the pieces at the Ricoh....

ohitsaidwalker king power

Pushing thru the market
Square
So many mothers sighing
News had just come over,
We had five years left to cry in

News guy wept and told us
Earth was really dying
Cried so much his face was wet
Then I knew he was not lying

We've got five years, stuck on my eyes
We've got five years, what a surprise
We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot
We've got five years, that's all we've got

Bowie

Sky Blue Pete

Can't be otis - why would otium do that? Makes no sense at all - I think the new year is when they will pull the plug - they can't continue to thrown money at it - surely!!

ccfc92

what makes me laugh, is Nick etc are quick to jump to the sixfields attendees defence.

but there's one very simple question I ask those that go.

why do you support CCFC?

95% will say because they are my home team etc.

so since when did Northampton become a local team?

Nick

Administrator
explain why the attendees have jumped up by 1200. surely the Northampton locals haven't given up on their own club so quickly?

there should be no CCFC fan in sixfields at all.

Because more people wanted to go? So they did?

Nick

Administrator
what makes me laugh, is Nick etc are quick to jump to the sixfields attendees defence.

why do you support CCFC?

I support them because my dad did, and his dad did. It is a temporary thing in Northampton until confirmed otherwise. It is the same manager, kit, badge and players who then play at away games until confirmed different. It is still Coventry City until changed.

Some people just want to watch football and they will, whether people on an internet forum tell them they can or they can't.

Marty

They want to support our team ccfc92 that is the only answer my friend - if they can get there - why not?

Sometimes you have to take one for the greater good. The people who are going are justifying the move. I've had a season ticket for 17 years straight before this year. There's nothing I'd want to do more today then go and watch my team play at their home ground. If no one went to the opening few games, I believe we'd be back at the Ricoh already.

ccfc92

I support them because my dad did, and his dad did. It is a temporary thing in Northampton until confirmed otherwise. It is the same manager, kit, badge and players who then play at away games until confirmed different. It is still Coventry City until changed.

Some people just want to watch football and they will, whether people on an internet forum tell them they can or they can't.

That's all fair enough. But who did CCFC represent today?

Otis

why do you support CCFC?

There are several different categories of City fans at the moment. Amongst those are; those who will not go, those who will go to every game and those who will go up occasionally.

Amongst those who go up occasionally will be people I'm sure who are totally opposed to us playing at Sixfields but feel that maybe going just to one or two games, maybe at Christmas or whenever, isn't going to make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. And if attendances return to those of earlier in the season it won't.

Nick

Administrator
so what happens when we don't return to Cov? Either merging with NTFC or moving to the outside of Cov?

Well when that happens I guess people will judge if they still want to go or not as circumstances will have changed. What happens if you get hit by a bus crossing the road? What happens if your leg falls off? How will you go to work? What will you do?

It hasn't happened and if it does, people are more than capable of deciding where they go from there.

Sky Blue Pete

but OUR team doesn't play in OUR city anymore?

if we were there whilst waiting for the Ricoh to be finished etc, fair enough.

I hear your frustration but it really is that simple - they think that their actions won't change the eventual outcome and on balance I think that's right it won't make any difference but in my opinion it would still be wrong to go to a home game for my club outside the city. Something must be the nail in the coffin for them, maybe it will be the start of 2014-2015 season when others will realise. Maybe it will be if the strikers get sold, maybe it will be after the judicial review. For me it was taking the club outside of the city of its name - that's me and 90% of the rest of the support!

ccfc92

Sometimes you have to take one for the greater good. The people who are going are justifying the move. I've had a season ticket for 17 years straight before this year. There's nothing I'd want to do more today then go and watch my team play at their home ground. If no one went to the opening few games, I believe we'd be back at the Ricoh already.

Fully agree Marty. Just a shame there was 1-2,000 short sighted people to set the bandwagon off

Nick

Administrator

The thing is though, you believe that but it isn't fact or proven. I am pretty sure if it was 100% bang on that if nobody went for 3 or 4 games we would be back then attendances would drop. I think a lot of people who do go see that as a myth.

ccfc92

Well when that happens I guess people will judge if they still want to go or not as circumstances will have changed. What happens if you get hit by a bus crossing the road? What happens if your leg falls off? How will you go to work? What will you do?

It hasn't happened and if it does, people are more than capable of deciding where they go from there.

again, all fair enough, but it just feels like the club have moved on from Coventry.

ccfc92

I hear your frustration but it really is that simple - they think that their actions won't change the eventual outcome and on balance I think that's right it won't make any difference but in my opinion it would still be wrong to go to a home game for my club outside the city. Something must be the nail in the coffin for them, maybe it will be the start of 2014-2015 season when others will realise. Maybe it will be if the strikers get sold, maybe it will be after the judicial review. For me it was taking the club outside of the city of its name - that's me and 90% of the rest of the support!

Everyone read this, and anyone who doesn't agree, good luck to you

ccfc92

The thing is though, you believe that but it isn't fact or proven. I am pretty sure if it was 100% bang on that if nobody went for 3 or 4 games we would be back then attendances would drop. I think a lot of people who do go see that as a myth.

obviously going is helping :slap: :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
again, all fair enough, but it just feels like the club have moved on from Coventry.

It might do for you, but it isn't proven is it? If SISU came out and said "Welcome to our new ground in Daventry" then people can judge but that is just how you feel. Trying to ram that down peoples throats won't change anything.

ccfc92

to be fair tho Nick, if it was 100% bang on a 0 attendance would make us return as you say, there would still be the selfish few that would go.

ccfc92

It might do for you, but it isn't proven is it? If SISU came out and said "Welcome to our new ground in Daventry" then people can judge but that is just how you feel. Trying to ram that down peoples throats won't change anything.

and what will you do Nick? out of interest if CCFC moved to Daventry or wherever permanently?

Nick

Administrator
to be fair tho Nick, if it was 100% bang on a 0 attendance would make us return as you say, there would still be the selfish few that would go.

Why are they selfish? It isn't bang on though is it?

What will happen if a stolen car crashes into me and disables me for life? Should I not drive on the road again just in case? It is all what if's.

Users who are viewing this thread