2,800 (1 Viewer)

Marty

and what will you do Nick? out of interest if CCFC moved to Daventry or wherever permanently?

He's a sixfields attendee, he'd still go.

Nick

Administrator
He's a sixfields attendee, he'd still go.

Ahhh, you know this is a fact? I have said many a time if it is moved away somewere far like that permanently then it wouldn't be CCFC.

This is what is annoying about people "preaching" about what people should or shouldn't do. They think they can speak for people and tell them what to do and think they know everything about every bodies circumstances, views etc.

Sky Blue Pete

Seriously no need to argue with Nick - I can answer that for him. He will make a decision as and when that actually happens. He feels that the Northampton move is a temporary move and that everything else is all still Coventry City FC.

I disagree but I have no alternative opinion that will change his mind. I can discuss with him his opinion though and he mine

shy_tall_knight

Our home game last new year's day (home=ricoh=coventry) had a crowd of 15,000 with many of the additional fans paying over £20 to watch the game (not the £9 on offer today). There would have been a similar sized crowd for this game if played at the ricoh, there is no short term business senses to playing at Northants, the medium term plan is to distress the council / acl to get the ricoh on the cheap, there will be no new stadium. going to sixfields gives SISUE's tactics credence. We won't get promotion this season will wilson / fleck / christie / wilson still be around playing with a club that has no ambition to meaningfully challenge for promotion, if Pressley stays and continues to work miracles he will also be eventually tempted away. Lets see how much Sixfields is enjoyed without the quality of players we currently have. The only permanent signings since we've moved to Northant have been manset & webster, quality players won't come.

I will never go and I think those that go are selfish needing a short term football fix whilst the club is being destroyed.

Nick

Administrator
Seriously no need to argue with Nick - I can answer that for him. He will make a decision as and when that actually happens. He feels that the Northampton move is a temporary move and that everything else is all still Coventry City FC.

I disagree but I have no alternative opinion that will change his mind. I can discuss with him his opinion though and he mine

Pretty much bang on. I am not going to start getting outraged about CCFC moving to play in Daventry as the example as it hasn't happened has it and at the minute it is a temporary arrangement. People are grown up, they will decide what they want to do and if they want to go and watch football or not and shouting NOPM won't change that.

ccfc92

Yes, you are trying to start an argument about something that hasn't even happened?

okay, just for you Nick ;) :D

The thing is though, you believe that but it isn't fact or proven. I am pretty sure if it was 100% bang on that if nobody went for 3 or 4 games we would be back then attendances would drop. I think a lot of people who do go see that as a myth.

to be fair tho Nick, if it was 100% bang on a 0 attendance would make us return as you say, there would still be the selfish few that would go.

Now....

I said if it was announced that if there was 0 home/CCFC fans there at one game, and that will result in a return to the Ricoh, there would still be a few selfish people that would still go.

Nick

Administrator
okay, just for you Nick ;) :D

The thing is though, you believe that but it isn't fact or proven. I am pretty sure if it was 100% bang on that if nobody went for 3 or 4 games we would be back then attendances would drop. I think a lot of people who do go see that as a myth.

to be fair tho Nick, if it was 100% bang on a 0 attendance would make us return as you say, there would still be the selfish few that would go.

Now....

I said if it was announced that if there was 0 home/CCFC fans there at one game, and that will result in a return to the Ricoh, there would still be a few selfish people that would still go.

I am saying that it hasn't been announced has it, so why are you trying to argue about it? Of course the attendance would still be more than 0, it would never happen.

Do you want to argue next about what if you stole my wallet?

J

Jack Griffin

Pretty much bang on. I am not going to start getting outraged about CCFC moving to play in Daventry as the example as it hasn't happened has it and at the minute it is a temporary arrangement. People are grown up, they will decide what they want to do and if they want to go and watch football or not and shouting NOPM won't change that.

Temporary for how long, could you make a prediction for other posters to gauge your level of tolerance & optimism?

ccfc92

I am saying that it hasn't been announced has it, so why are you trying to argue about it? Of course the attendance would still be more than 0, it would never happen.

It's a question? on a forum? open for debate?

in my re-post, I added the "0 Home/CCFC fans"

Nick

Administrator
Temporary for how long, could you make a prediction for other posters to gauge your level of tolerance & optimism?

Until confirmed as permanent? I can't see into the future. If this time next year it is still no different then people will rejudge. People will have different levels of tolerance, some would still go after 15 years, some people will give up after a year with no progress. Trying to tell people what to do on a forum won't change it.

GaryPendrysEyes

Everyone by now knows Sisu keep us in Sixfields in an attempt to starve out ACL, CCC and get the Ricoh at significantly below market rate. Sisu took us there despite widespread opposition in the city and have rejected any other options.

It is now increasingly Sisu hedge fund versus Coventry. People going to Sixfields are supporting Sisu against Coventry.
My view.

letsallsingtogether

But we have moved away permanently Sisu have said they will not come back to the City.

Doesn't matter if it is 1 metre or 40 miles away it will not be in Coventry. so why should distance make any difference what is the cut off point.

For me it is clear Coventry or no where.

Ahhh, you know this is a fact? I have said many a time if it is moved away somewere far like that permanently then it wouldn't be CCFC.

This is what is annoying about people "preaching" about what people should or shouldn't do. They think they can speak for people and tell them what to do and think they know everything about every bodies circumstances, views etc.

Nick

Administrator
It's a question? on a forum? open for debate?

in my re-post, I added the "0 Home/CCFC fans"

OK, so what would happen if one day I got home from work and found you burgling my house? Of course it is open for debate but people are trying to start arguments about things that haven't even happened? Shall we make a post saying what will happen if we sign Messi and Ronaldo in January?

Marty

Ok Nick, you say you want to watch football. Why not away games?

Wolves, Walsall, Peterborough, MK Dons, Port Vale, Sheff Utd, Shrewsbury. All within an hour or so of the city.

ccfc92

Everyone by now knows Sisu keep us in Sixfields in an attempt to starve out ACL, CCC and get the Ricoh at significantly below market rate. Sisu took us there despite widespread opposition in the city and have rejected any other options.

It is now increasingly Sisu hedge fund versus Coventry. People going to Sixfields are supporting Sisu against Coventry.
My view.

very key point. SISU are laughing at Coventry. and the few can't see it

ccfc92

OK, so what would happen if one day I got home from work and found you burgling my house? Of course it is open for debate but people are trying to start arguments about things that haven't even happened? Shall we make a post saying what will happen if we sign Messi and Ronaldo in January?

sorry, but my question was relevant to CCFC?

can the administrator please remove Nicks post as it has no relevance to CCFC ;):sarcasm:

Nick

Administrator
Ok Nick, you say you want to watch football. Why not away games?

Wolves, Walsall, Peterborough, MK Dons, Port Vale, Sheff Utd, Shrewsbury. All within an hour or so of the city.

I do watch some away games, but sometimes I can't make them. I can watch whichever games I want, whether you think I am selfish then it is up to you but I am not coming on here telling people they should all go to games.

Attendances are growing, it is probably because we won last game and people are off work. If we go on a losing streak of course they will go straight back down.

valiant15

It seems a few have been tempted with the free travel and the fact its the Christmas period.

Some people are easily bought.

Hopefully it'll be down to the usual amount of stiffs in the new year.

J

Jack Griffin

Until confirmed as permanent? I can't see into the future. If this time next year it is still no different then people will rejudge. People will have different levels of tolerance, some would still go after 15 years, some people will give up after a year with no progress. Trying to tell people what to do on a forum won't change it.

I guess you are saying indefinitely & you are OK with that?

Nick

Administrator
sorry, but my question was relevant to CCFC?

can the administrator please remove Nicks post as it has no relevance to CCFC ;):sarcasm:

OK, so what if CCFC bought Messi and Ronaldo? What happens if we win the Champions League next year? What would we do if Leon Clarke scores the winner in next years world cup? It hasn't happened yet, trying to tell people what they can and can't do because of something that hasn't happened is a bit silly, isn't it?

ccfc92

OK, so what if CCFC bought Messi and Ronaldo? What happens if we win the Champions League next year? What would we do if Leon Clarke scores the winner in next years world cup? It hasn't happened yet, trying to tell people what they can and can't do because of something that hasn't happened is a bit silly, isn't it?

not answering a very simple question by going on about messi and ronaldo is also a bit silly, isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
I guess you are saying indefinitely & you are OK with that?

Like I said, I don't know as I can't see into the future can I? As progress with stadium / return to Ricoh happens (or not) then people will start to judge for themselves to decide if they want to go or not, whether they want to give up.

I don't know what SISU are going to do next, I can't say I would go to Sixfields this time next season as it depends on the circumstances and things that have happened by then.

Nick

Administrator
not answering a very simple question by going on about messi and ronaldo is also a bit silly, isn't it?

How is it? I have said that the attendance will never ever be 0, it wouldn't happen. I have answered your question.

Sky Blue Pete

The more pertinent point is that Otium have stated that they will not be returning to Coventry for the fictitious new stadium and that they would not be returning to the Ricoh but then they have said they would like to negotiate a price for the freehold. Something is not right!!

Nick

Administrator
But we have moved away permanently Sisu have said they will not come back to the City.

Doesn't matter if it is 1 metre or 40 miles away it will not be in Coventry. so why should distance make any difference what is the cut off point.

For me it is clear Coventry or no where.

That is the thing, if they even start to build a stadium and it is 40 miles away then a lot of people will make decisions.

valiant15

My view.

Yes but a lot of them that go down there aren't coventrians so couldn't care about sisu v the city of Coventry,theyll never have that tie like us, ive tried to explain this time and time again but they won't have it.

If sisu move us permanently out of Coventry a lot of them wouldn't care, theyd still go and effectively would steal this city's football club.

Nick

Administrator
The more pertinent point is that Otium have stated that they will not be returning to Coventry for the fictitious new stadium and that they would not be returning to the Ricoh but then they have said they would like to negotiate a price for the freehold. Something is not right!!

Exactly, we don't know what is going to happen do we? This time next year SISU could have bought the Ricoh and made it a 65,000 with a stand of safe seating and we could have just hammered Man Utd 17-0 at home in the Championship.

ccfc92

How is it? I have said that the attendance will never ever be 0, it wouldn't happen. I have answered your question.

no, because obviously the away fans will be there.

you initially said about it not being announced that a total boycott = a return to the ricoh.

then i said if there was an announcement that a 0 :wave:......"HOME"........ :wave: attendance, there would still be those that would still go

Users who are viewing this thread