2,800 (1 Viewer)

Moff

ah ryt, well i've only started this thread an hour ago. and other than that haven't posted much since PBoro, so..... yeahhh......

So sorry to upset you. I will change what I said to the last hour.

It was tongue in cheek, but hey ho...whooooooosh

Moff

Anyway Moff, what shall we talk/debate about :)

Leon Clarke or Callum Wilson...who is better.

Is Jordan Clarke a centre half, or would he better as a full back and would Cyrus have made a better centre half?

ccfc92

Leon Clarke or Callum Wilson...who is better.

Is Jordan Clarke a centre half, or would he better as a full back and would Cyrus have made a better centre half?

Bored of this, can we debate who's more superior? Sixfield fans or the stayaways?

ccfc92

out of interest did anyone go today? and if so, is it better with another 1200 there? or is there too many boo boys?

mighty quinn

Our home game last new year's day (home=ricoh=coventry) had a crowd of 15,000 with many of the additional fans paying over £20 to watch the game (not the £9 on offer today). There would have been a similar sized crowd for this game if played at the ricoh, there is no short term business senses to playing at Northants, the medium term plan is to distress the council / acl to get the ricoh on the cheap, there will be no new stadium. going to sixfields gives SISUE's tactics credence. We won't get promotion this season will wilson / fleck / christie / wilson still be around playing with a club that has no ambition to meaningfully challenge for promotion, if Pressley stays and continues to work miracles he will also be eventually tempted away. Lets see how much Sixfields is enjoyed without the quality of players we currently have. The only permanent signings since we've moved to Northant have been manset & webster, quality players won't come.

I will never go and I think those that go are selfish needing a short term football fix whilst the club is being destroyed.

Bang on the nail.couldn't of put it better myself

theferret

out of interest did anyone go today? and if so, is it better with another 1200 there? or is there too many boo boys?

I'll answer that honestly - yes, it is better with the extra supporters, as it was on Boxing Day, and behind the goal has actually been quite lively last couple of games. All that said, it is still shit, wouldn't pretend otherwise.

skybluetony176

I'll answer that honestly - yes, it is better with the extra supporters, as it was on Boxing Day, and behind the goal has actually been quite lively last couple of games. All that said, it is still shit, wouldn't pretend otherwise.

don't worry RFC already has that slot filled

ccfc92

did you feel the crowd lifted the team at all? as in compared to the 1500 that are normally there?

Grendel

i'm getting very bored of this, and the beers are getting cold in the fridge.

I'll ask you once more, and if you come out with Messi and Ronaldo burgling your house in Daventry, I'll not ask you again....

"IF" it was announced, that "NO" COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB fans attend ONE game at Sixfields, resulting in a return to the Ricoh, would there still be the selfish few that would still go?

IF it was announced that Sixfields was sold out every week the club would get promoted to the championship would there still be the shellfish ones that refuse to attend.

theferret

did you feel the crowd lifted the team at all? as in compared to the 1500 that are normally there?

To an extent yes, but that's to be expected I suppose, but it's all relative. When we have been a goal behind in previous games, such as Brentford, Rotherham and Tranmere, there hasn't been that lift you'd expect from a home crowd when chasing an equaliser and we went on to lose all those games comfortably. Today at 1-0 the crowd were urging the team on (in a manner of speaking), so I guess it made a bit of a difference.

italiahorse

Until confirmed as permanent? I can't see into the future. If this time next year it is still no different then people will rejudge. People will have different levels of tolerance, some would still go after 15 years, some people will give up after a year with no progress. Trying to tell people what to do on a forum won't change it.

Surely it is the other way round?
It is permanent as even their own conversations do not bring us back to Coventry.

Also surely in reality the absence of no plan at all you would assume we are permanently out in Northampton until one can be developed.
Unless of course you blindly support SISI by attending Sixfields which undoubtably the first part of their unknown plan.

jesus-wept

The increase in gates over the xmas period was expected, some locals will have gone too. Lets see what it is mid January when the weather kicks in and the spare cash runs out, back to 1500 I think

ccfc92

It is permanent as even their own conversations do not bring us back to Coventry.

Also surely in reality the absence of no plan at all you would assume we are permanently out in Northampton until one can be developed.
Unless of course you blindly support SISI by attending Sixfields which undoubtably the first part of their unknown plan.

stop arguing! there is no room for debate on here! if you have a different opinion you should just keep quiet! :slap:

Nick

Administrator

Yes, I obviously support SISU blindly. I will do anything they asked, I am not really a football fan I just go whereever Tim Fisher goes because I love him. I give them all of my money, any money in bank account at the end of the month goes to them.

At the minute it is temporary until something is 100% confirmed, then it will be time to judge and make decisions. Unless I have missed announcements?

ccfc92

Yes, I obviously support SISU blindly. I will do anything they asked, I am not really a football fan I just go whereever Tim Fisher goes because I love him. I give them all of my money, any money in bank account at the end of the month goes to them.

At the minute it is temporary until something is 100% confirmed, then it will be time to judge and make decisions. Unless I have missed announcements?

when did they announce we would be coming back to Coventry?

Nick

Administrator
what about potential transfers?

Yes, still waiting for people to reply about what they thought of Messi signing in January ;) Potential things of course need to be discussed, but arguing about them like they have happened?

Pressley should be sacked for sleeping with all of the players wives and getting us relegated I think!

Travs

I was there today, as I am most games.... without getting into the rights and wrongs of attending, my honest opinion of sixfields follows......

2800 city fans looked about right today. I wouldn't have said 640-ish Oldham fans, but who knows.....

I stand behind the goal at Northampton, and would best describe it as a smaller, tamer, version of the west terrace. 90% of the fans stand up, its a good laugh, but hardly a cauldron of passion, given the numbers. I have to admit I couldn't stomach the prospect of sitting in the main stand.

The Peterboro and Oldham games have actually felt more like proper matches, as opposed to the pre-season atmosphere at most of the others. Probably due to more fans present, and a reasonably vocal away support (credit to Oldham they made some decent noise at times... peterboro were a bit of a letdown considering the numbers they bought)

So yes the extra fans improved the overall experience, but I honestly think it's just the 'holiday effect' and we will be back down to 1500-2500 crowds shortly....

skybluetony176

IF it was announced that Sixfields was sold out every week the club would get promoted to the championship would there still be the shellfish ones that refuse to attend.

there would be plenty who couldn't attend due to capacity, same as the proposed HR2.

ccfc92

I was there today, as I am most games.... without getting into the rights and wrongs of attending, my honest opinion of sixfields follows......

2800 city fans looked about right today. I wouldn't have said 640-ish Oldham fans, but who knows.....

I stand behind the goal at Northampton, and would best describe it as a smaller, tamer, version of the west terrace. 90% of the fans stand up, its a good laugh, but hardly a cauldron of passion, given the numbers. I have to admit I couldn't stomach the prospect of sitting in the main stand.

The Peterboro and Oldham games have actually felt more like proper matches, as opposed to the pre-season atmosphere at most of the others. Probably due to more fans present, and a reasonably vocal away support (credit to Oldham they made some decent noise at times... peterboro were a bit of a letdown considering the numbers they bought)

So yes the extra fans improved the overall experience, but I honestly think it's just the 'holiday effect' and we will be back down to 1500-2500 crowds shortly....

all that's fair enough.

but IMO I will be happy when the attendances go back down.

italiahorse

The first part of Sisu's plan is to move CCFC out of Coventry. The second part is unknown. Which bit don't you understand about following blindly.?

thaiskyblue

Yes, still waiting for people to reply about what they thought of Messi signing in January ;) Potential things of course need to be discussed, but arguing about them like they have happened?

Pressley should be sacked for sleeping with all of the players wives and getting us relegated I think!
your bonkers , or on some proper top gear.

thaiskyblue

your bonkers , or on some proper top gear.or both.

stupot07

The first part of Sisu's plan is to move CCFC out of Coventry. The second part is unknown. Which bit don't you understand about following blindly.?

I thought the second part was to crush a charity and Coventry tax payers to get the Ricoh for nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

I thought the second part was to crush a charity and Coventry tax payers to get the Ricoh for nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Thats my point, nobody knows what is happening next.
FACT ... We are out in the Northampton because the first part of SISU's plan requires us to be there.

By attending Sixfields you are blindly following the plan which could go one of several directions. All of which only Sisu know.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong to follow because people just want to support the team. But I am saying that people have followed the first step of their plan without knowing where it is taking them.

Grendel

your bonkers , or on some proper top gear.or both.

Next he will saying that players are having their salaries reduced to pay for the new ground.

italiahorse

They are not our team anymore. SISU saw to that.

Everyday they move further away from me.
Always supported home and away, now listening on the radio only although tuned in Boxing day and it was all over.

Just got the score today in the car on leaving a family dinner.

I can see where this is going.

Users who are viewing this thread