Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (4 Viewers)

100 miles from Cov.

The £33 a ticket has put me off travelling up Saturday. The cost of fuel has also jumped from around £25 to get to Cov and back to £40. It’s a shame as I’ve only missed Norwich so far this season and will be at Luton. I’m sure there are plenty who will have to be a lot more selective on games this season as well as myself.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ticket sales look a bit below the PNE game for the home section - guessing the price may be deterring a few (results too ?!) Presume WBA will sell all theirs 9despite price), so still expect a crowd of just over 20k. Hopefully the extra cash will boost the clubs finances). Really could do with something from the game. About time the football gods gave us a helping hand, penalty, sending off, in off the ar*e type stuff, please.

Edit: weather looks nice, so hopefully there will be a decent walk up, and a few won't realise the price until it's too late !!

theferret

Ticket sales look a bit below the PNE game for the home section - guessing the price may be deterring a few (results too ?!) Presume WBA will sell all theirs 9despite price), so still expect a crowd of just over 20k. Hopefully the extra cash will boost the clubs finances). Really could do with something from the game. About time the football gods gave us a helping hand, penalty, sending off, in off the ar*e type stuff, please.

Edit: weather looks nice, so hopefully there will be a decent walk up, and a few won't realise the price until it's too late !!

WBA only sold 2700 as of last night. Price is massively off-putting.

Sky Blue Harry H

WBA only sold 2700 as of last night. Price is massively off-putting.

4,000 x average of £20 = £80,000
3,000 x average £25 = £75,000

Obviously an estimated average senior/junior etc, but in addition it's the lost revenue of another 1,000 people at the bars, food etc too. next season's pricing is going to be difficult for clubs, with most of the population squeezed, yet the clubs' costs having spiralled at the same time. Players wages are likely to take a hit, as clubs will just say 'can't afford that' to new signings.

pusbccfc

The update from WBA I saw yesterday was 2.5K sold I think?

I've heard about 4 different figures from West Brom fans. One said 1800 on Friday and another said 3500 yesterday.

Saddlebrains

The poor start and the pricing seems to be having an affect.

Friends, and colleagues who attend a few games a year have all said they wont be bothering Saturday. A 50/50 split tbh of those who said 'na were shit' and 'fuck paying £33'

Johhny Blue

The £33 a ticket has put me off travelling up Saturday. The cost of fuel has also jumped from around £25 to get to Cov and back to £40. It’s a shame as I’ve only missed Norwich so far this season and will be at Luton. I’m sure there are plenty who will have to be a lot more selective on games this season as well as myself.
Change your username right now.

ccfcmad1

Looking at the tickets sold with a few days to go I don't think it will be a bad crowd considering the price and poor form.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushing 18k city on the day

CV22SBA

Looking at the tickets sold with a few days to go I don't think it will be a bad crowd considering the price and poor form.
It looks way down on PNE sales. Can’t see there being more than 16K Cov there plus what they bring.

Sky Blue Harry H

I don’t think we have the fan base for it.

Agree - I suppose if the club were fairly confident of a 4k (plus) away following (Sunderland, Blues, West Brom etc ) then from a bean counters point of view, you don't mind losing a certain amount of 'floating' home fans. It's a fine balancing act, and maybe as a non-season ticket holder , where the match package helps (are they still doing them?)

slowpoke

I think it will be at least 18000 Cov had that for PNE a night game, always gets a better walk up for Saturday matches, assuming 4000 Baggies I’d be disappointed with below 24000.

Skyblue_CP

Agree - I suppose if the club were fairly confident of a 4k (plus) away following (Sunderland, Blues, West Brom etc ) then from a bean counters point of view, you don't mind losing a certain amount of 'floating' home fans. It's a fine balancing act, and maybe as a non-season ticket holder , where the match package helps (are they still doing them?)
This would be a poor and terrible mentality for any club to have, it would be disappointing to think they would sacrifice home support for a couple of extra quid from away ticket sales.

Users who are viewing this thread