Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Could of been a great occasion tomorrow and we might of got a few more paying customers in the ground who are fed up of the 24 hour news coverage. Could of all gone up the game to celebrate the Queens life and the New King and have a right good piss up. No home game until 1st October, I fear the worst for this season. Fucking right pissed off!!!

EalingSB

I thought the singing of ‘God Save The Queen’ before the West Ham game last night was a fitting tribute and had hoped it would be replicated across the country this weekend - sending the message that Peter Crouch rightly tweeted about.

I booked flights over for the Boro game on 1 Oct when the fixtures came out and it’s incredible that it will be our first Saturday game of the season (hopefully!).

steve101

At a time of economic and social/emotional problems across the country, for me the decision is poor to cancel grassroots and professional football this weekend. Sport is one of the best ways for bringing people together, boosting mental health and providing a venue to show respect and appreciation.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
A few local fetes near me are cancelling due to "respect for the queen"! Bloody stupid! They're losing hundreds, if not a few thousand pounds in takings that are sorely needed for local charities. I'm sure Madge wouldn't have wanted that! It just mass hysteria gone mad again, just like when Charlie's REAL missus was killed in Paris!

Legia Sky Blue

Interesting that the Queen's sport of choice wasted little time in getting back to business with the St Leger running on Sunday. If the sport with the biggest royal patronage keeps going it doesn't seem to make much sense for football to do so instead.

Ashdown

Let’s just remember through all this ( and I’m pissed off with the cancellation ) it wasn’t the Royal family or the governments request, this was ordered by some do gooder bedwetters at the helm of our football leagues. No thoughts once again for the fans and their costs and their
Plans…..just another attempt at PC nonsense to cover their own arseholes.
Loved the Queen……she would be embarrassed by these fools.

clint van damme

Let’s just remember through all this ( and I’m pissed off with the cancellation ) it wasn’t the Royal family or the governments request, this was ordered by some do gooder bedwetters at the helm of our football leagues. No thoughts once again for the fans and their costs and their

PC? Weird.

Mcbean

I am so angry - as per Ashdowns post and Peter Crouch’s tweet - a very poor decision by people who have no
Idea about the thoughts of fans - idiots

fatso

Look on the bright side everyone, our pitch is going to be amazing by the next homegame !!!

fatso

Yea, it seems weird that football has taken a unilateral view on this, it just looks very odd that so many other sports have given the go ahead, and yet football (which the queen never even went to) has stopped.

The financial implications, and the disruption caused is hardly what was required at this time, surely a minutes applause, the singing of the national anthem, black armbands and maybe a brass band playing before kick off, would of been a far more appropriate way of showing respect.

By the time football resumes, the moment to come together and show appreciation for 70 years of public service would of past.

Gynnsthetonic

Yea, it seems weird that football has taken a unilateral view on this, it just looks very odd that so many other sports have given the go ahead, and yet football (which the queen never even went to) has stopped.

The financial implications, and the disruption caused is hardly what was required at this time, surely a minutes applause, the singing of the national anthem, black armbands and maybe a brass band playing before kick off, would of been a far more appropriate way of showing respect.

By the time football resumes, the moment to come together and show appreciation for 70 years of public service would of past.
We've not got a home game now until October, like you say the moment will have passed, stupid desicion IMHO

usskyblue

c5edb613-a096-41d4-bfcf-e90ac3a70cb4_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread