Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (2 Viewers)

Robinshio

sport will be cancelled for 9 days, and then the funeral on the 10th, so 3 games off more than likely

Our next game may be October 1 - which in a world cup season, crazy we will have got to end of september playing only 5 games including 1 at home

Grendel

sport will be cancelled for 9 days, and then the funeral on the 10th, so 3 games off more than likely

Our next game may be October 1 - which in a world cup season, crazy we will have got to end of september playing only 5 games including 1 at home

bollocks

Robinshio

The passing of the Queen would start a period of mourning across the United Kingdom, as detailed in a document called “Operation London Bridge”.
As part of that plan, which is set out for the nine days following the monarch’s death, sports fixtures would indeed be postponed, including all SPFL matches.

alexccfc99

“Consideration in respect of EFL fixtures will be discussed with the Government and the wider sport sector during the period ahead and an appropriate announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity.”

Statement from EFL

SBbucks

The passing of the Queen would start a period of mourning across the United Kingdom, as detailed in a document called “Operation London Bridge”.
As part of that plan, which is set out for the nine days following the monarch’s death, sports fixtures would indeed be postponed, including all SPFL matches.

This is absolutely ludicrous. If anyone wants to mourn, they are free to do so, but the completely predictable death of a 96 year old shouldn’t mean the country has to come to a standstill. We’re not in the 19th century anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slyblue57

This is absolutely ludicrous. If anyone wants to mourn, they are free to do so, but the completely predictable death of a 96 year old shouldn’t mean the country has to come to a standstill. We’re not in the 19th century anymore.

simple , have some respect, we live in a Monarchy, do nt like it fuck off. RIP Elizabeth , God save the King.

David O'Day

The actual London Bridge/Operation Unicorn plans don't actually definitely cancel sporting events. They deal with the logistics of getting her back to London and holding a state funeral.

They may call events off out of respect but the government are not ordering anyone to do anything.

Grendel

It’d be ridiculous to call off games for the whole 10 days or whatever it is.

i can’t see it they’ve cancelled the cricket tomorrow but would seem slightly odd to cancel the whole game against a commonwealth country

SBbucks

The actual London Bridge/Operation Unicorn plans don't actually definitely cancel sporting events. They deal with the logistics of getting her back to London and holding a state funeral.

They may call events off out of respect but the government are not ordering anyone to do anything.

The EFL statement is slightly promising, and they will be desperate to limit the damage and cancel as few “rounds” as they can get away with. At least it is being discussed rather than the knee jerk reaction that could have happened.

David O'Day

The EFL statement is slightly promising, and they will be desperate to limit the damage and cancel as few “rounds” as they can get away with. At least it is being discussed rather than the knee jerk reaction that could have happened.

Yeah I can see Saturday being off but it would be very leftfield if they canned 10 days worth of games. Especially with the world cup taking out a chunk of the season

alexccfc99

A decision on the rest of the weekend games will be made tomorrow.

Warwickshire Police are sending 100 officers down to London and as are other forces

I’d imagine policing will be a major issue and will play a big factor in any decision made

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Its only fair if 1 gameweek gets postponed, but we do not need a full 10 days or mourning. A weekend will do just fine.

Respects to the queen though

Macca

Look I had a lot of time for the old girl if not the rest of them and I do feel an element of sadness. But they can cancel everything it’s not going to make me shut my curtains and enter a weekend of mourning, it’s not North Korea. I can imagine she would have wanted the people to get the hell on with it and enjoy their sport

stupot07

Its only fair if 1 gameweek gets postponed, but we do not need a full 10 days or mourning. A weekend will do just fine.

Respects to the queen though
Trying to cram 3 games games in on top of the ones we're already having to rearrange due to the pitch issues is going to be a nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Greggs

Will all hotels, restaurants, pubs, clubs, theatres, cinemas be closed?
Trying to cram 3 games games in on top of the ones we're already having to rearrange due to the pitch issues is going to be a nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yeah, but think of all that extra revenue.......

Skyblueweeman

Football update - The Vice-Chairman of one of the L2 clubs i work with messaged me tonight to say that the EFL are meeting the government tomorrow but he's expecting all this weekends across EPL, EFL and FAWSL to be postponed.

dadgad

Brenda was closet Cov and sky blue her favourite colour. After the nags ours was the first result she looked for.
1662675055203.jpeg

ccfc1234

If it's cancelled it will be a shame. When a game is next played i think it would be a fitting tribute to the queen for all games to start with the national anthem being sung with queen in the lyrics one last time.

Users who are viewing this thread