Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion match, tactics and predictions :)

Hutch11

Can't see anything other than a thrashing if Saturday is anything to go by , we need the whole lot of them to step up , far too many basic errors are happening at the moment

AOM

Would take a draw, but really need to start picking up points

I'd play the same team/formation that started against Preston but Hamer in for Allen, Dabo at RWB and hopefully Moore back in goal

CovLad94

Think Saturday is make or break, see where the players heads are, could tell before the Norwich match they looked beaten already before it even kicked off.

If it's true that there is a rift in the dressing room I can't see anything other than a loss, think you'll see Waghorn and Fadz try and lead by example, but seems to be something fundamentally wrong. Whether it's confidence or an unhappy camp, I guess we'll soon found out.

David O'Day

playing a decent team, still if we lose some floofs will overreact

a good performance is all i really ask for

SlowerThanPlatt

Think they’ve got too much quality to not score at least 2 against this defence and it’ll continue to be our downfall.

pusbccfc

West Brom 4-0 Coventry

A very low crowd too.

chiefdave

My prediction is a meltdown on here as soon as the team is announced along with claims of players falling out with each other / Robins and Robins being about to walk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd go for for the box system, with Gyo up front on his own. Palmer and I guess it would have to be either Allen or Waghorn just behind. Defence is conceding but I can't really see who we could change i about with. Dabo has been poor but Eccles just isn't a RWB. Panzo could come in but Doyle is doing well at LCB and there's no guarantee he'd be any better than Rose or Fadz further across.

Another frustrating one goal loss where we gift them a goal somehow.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Norwich was a write off in my opinion. West Brom are a decent outfit but not in the same calibre at the moment. Despite recent results, we will be getting more up to speed fitness-wise. A point would be a good result over the season (although it might not look like it currently) and wouldn't be surprised if we get it. Box formation, Palmer-Allen behind Gyokeres. Can't make this one unfortunately but would bite your hand off for a dull nil-nil (sorry to those going) to instill some defensive confidence.

shmmeee

Another spanking.

Not really got the squad to shake things up so put the best players out and hope they start playing themselves into form.

Moore
Rose Fadz Doyle
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer
Györkeres Godden

S: Wilson, Panzo, Burroughs, Eccles, Tavares, Walker, Waghorn

Jesus that’s a depressing squad.

Offhegoes

Another spanking.

Not really got the squad to shake things up so put the best players out and hope they start playing themselves into form.

Moore
Rose Fadz Doyle
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer
Györkeres Godden

S: Wilson, Panzo, Burroughs, Eccles, Tavares, Walker, Waghorn

Jesus that’s a depressing squad.
Would be tempted to try Panzo in the middle.
And looking at that team, it's not bad at all, it's just too many players are off form at the moment. If Dabo, Hamer and Vik get back to their normal levels we have a good chance here.

shmmeee

Would be tempted to try Panzo in the middle.
And looking at that team, it's not bad at all, it's just too many players are off form at the moment. If Dabo, Hamer and Vik get back to their normal levels we have a good chance here.

Yeah I’d happily shuffle the back three if Panzo is looking better than any of them.

First XI is OK (though the back three and GK scare me right now), but the bench is mid table L1 at best, nothing you’d bring on and have serious hopes of changing the game.

Warwickhunt

Norwich was a write off in my opinion. West Brom are a decent outfit but not in the same calibre at the moment. Despite recent results, we will be getting more up to speed fitness-wise. A point would be a good result over the season (although it might not look like it currently) and wouldn't be surprised if we get it. Box formation, Palmer-Allen behind Gyokeres. Can't make this one unfortunately but would bite your hand off for a dull nil-nil (sorry to those going) to instill some defensive confidence.
at least Robinson has left WBA so thats one bogey who cannot scoe his customary goal against us!

Gint11

playing a decent team, still if we lose some floofs will overreact

a good performance is all i really ask for

To be honest I’d rather a shit performance and 3 points than the other way round. We need points, not tippy tappy football.

David O'Day

To be honest I’d rather a shit performance and 3 points than the other way round. We need points, not tippy tappy football.

I'd be be delighted with a win but pleasure is not a binary yes or no thing, on the sliding scale of happiness a good performance after a couple of stinkers would register.

Offhegoes

Apart from Millwall though, we haven't played well at all. We got going a bit at Sunderland 2nd half, but against Hull, Preston and Norwich we were really under par

Gint11

Apart from Millwall though, we haven't played well at all. We got going a bit at Sunderland 2nd half, but against Hull, Preston and Norwich we were really under par

I know. We need points though. Let’s get some by hook or by crook and then work on performances. Do we want to play well but get relegated?

lord_garrincha

God help us if we concede in the first 5 minutes.

Hopefully, there will be few black eyes on display, along with cleared air & 'friends reunited' will walk off with 3 points.

No idea about the 11... could be anything!

letsallsingtogether

Easy win!
Team whoever Robins sees fit is good enough for me.

Grendel

I don’t know anyone that would pay that on the day. I know I wouldn’t.

its madness I would love to see the logic behind it

Users who are viewing this thread