Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (2 Viewers)

theferret

This would be a poor and terrible mentality for any club to have, it would be disappointing to think they would sacrifice home support for a couple of extra quid from away ticket sales.

Indeed. Fortunately, Albion fans seem to be doing us a favour by giving it a swerve. No way Stoke, Burnley and Bristol City are going to pack it out at £33 either.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think it will be at least 18000 Cov had that for PNE a night game, always gets a better walk up for Saturday matches, assuming 4000 Baggies I’d be disappointed with below 24000.

If it's 22k I'll ne impressed, given our start. Hope you're right. Better atmosphere and more ££££s for the club.

ccfc1234

GK: Moore (get him back now, Wilson has too many mistakes in him.

RWB: Dabo and he needs to find some consistency now.

LWB: Bidwell doing ok not got Mattsens threat with under lapping runs and driving towards goal. Decent crosses and been one of the better defenders.

CB: Doyle Improving well
CB: McFadz needed for experience
CB: Panzo worth a new back 3 givenwe have shipped so many recently.

CM: Sheaf...capable of running games
CM: Hamer....Is due a big performance

ACM: Palmer...worth a start in the box formation
ACM: Waghorn/Allan...until ohare is fit there is no viable alternative

ST: Vicktor....due a goal. Don't feel we have played to his strengths enough and I suspect that's down to the team playing 2 up top. Vik is one of the best players I have seen in a while at the club leading the line on his own. We have some tough games coming up and playing with an extra player in the midfield might help the new back line. Godden is a great option at 65 mins if we want to push for a win etc...

Sky Blue Harry H

West Brom have Swift and Wallace(arguably Diangara) as their main threats imo - although if that Furlong plays, we'll face that long throw sh*t. Weakened by Ajayi's absence. Bartley is less than 50% a replacement, so need ta target him.

CV22SBA

GK: Moore (get him back now, Wilson has too many mistakes in him.

RWB: Dabo and he needs to find some consistency now.

LWB: Bidwell doing ok not got Mattsens threat with under lapping runs and driving towards goal. Decent crosses and been one of the better defenders.

CB: Doyle Improving well
CB: McFadz needed for experience
CB: Panzo worth a new back 3 givenwe have shipped so many recently.

CM: Sheaf...capable of running games
CM: Hamer....Is due a big performance

ACM: Palmer...worth a start in the box formation
ACM: Waghorn/Allan...until ohare is fit there is no viable alternative

ST: Vicktor....due a goal. Don't feel we have played to his strengths enough and I suspect that's down to the team playing 2 up top. Vik is one of the best players I have seen in a while at the club leading the line on his own. We have some tough games coming up and playing with an extra player in the midfield might help the new back line. Godden is a great option at 65 mins if we want to push for a win etc...

Dabo was shocking against Norwich, not sure what was up with him. He looked totally knackered even in the first half. The amount of times Sheaf was holding the ball up for him and then waiting for him to overlap was unreal.

Can we really play Doyle & Panzo together? Both are left footed. Unless you put Panzo in the middle and Fadz on the right but still not sure that would work.

Definetly need to go back to one up top though as not working with two.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree, but if we don't get a result, it will be called out as 'at home, and we're so negative, we only play one up front'. Can already feel the keyboards waiting to be tapped.

Sky Blue Harry H

This would be a poor and terrible mentality for any club to have, it would be disappointing to think they would sacrifice home support for a couple of extra quid from away ticket sales.

Agree - but bean counters don't care/ On CWR recently, they keep playing a clip of a dad who forked out for 3 tickets for him and his daughter to see Taylor Swift (he thought she was a bloke!) They cost £136 a pop :oops:. Supply and demand. Taylor Swift (and her bean counters) doesn't care about what her fans have to pay. That will only change when they start having unsold tickets. It's why Arsenal, Spurs and co take the p*ss.

Hertsccfc

Dabo was shocking against Norwich, not sure what was up with him. He looked totally knackered even in the first half. The amount of times Sheaf was holding the ball up for him and then waiting for him to overlap was unreal.

Can we really play Doyle & Panzo together? Both are left footed. Unless you put Panzo in the middle and Fadz on the right but still not sure that would work.

We had one up top at Norwich and it means we have to play Allen.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Why are people still comparing Maatsen and Bidwell, the only similarity is that they play the same position and cross the ball. And Im sorry but Bidwell has been probably our biggest goal threat in the last 2 games, he has been one of our best players this season putting consistent 7/10 performances in

steve cooper

Just thinking as we're playing West Brom, you never hear that song sung any more:

Oh I do like to be beside the sea side,

Oh i do like to be beside the sea,

Oh i do like to stroll along the prom prom prom

Where the brass band plays fuck off West Brom
That chant started about 50 years ago.

Governmac

Agree - but bean counters don't care/ On CWR recently, they keep playing a clip of a dad who forked out for 3 tickets for him and his daughter to see Taylor Swift (he thought she was a bloke!) They cost £136 a pop :oops:. Supply and demand. Taylor Swift (and her bean counters) doesn't care about what her fans have to pay. That will only change when they start having unsold tickets. It's why Arsenal, Spurs and co take the p*ss.

A seat in Block 23 at the CBS to see Harry Styles were £173 each.

Hertsccfc

Yeah but it was Walker, the weirdest decision MR has made in a long time. He's a box player not a loan striker trying to hold the ball up like Vik will.
Agree on the Walker point . But with O'Hare out we don't have the player to play the box. Allen in that role is a waste of time and not sure Palmer is ready.

CV22SBA

Agree on the Walker point . But with O'Hare out we don't have the player to play the box. Allen in that role is a waste of time and not sure Palmer is ready.
I like Palmer and thought he was one of the better players at Norwich. Another strange decision by MR that day to take him off.

shmmeee

Yeah but it was Walker, the weirdest decision MR has made in a long time. He's a box player not a loan striker trying to hold the ball up like Vik will.

He’s played as the lone striker a lot at previous clubs IIRC. Clearly the thinking was whoever it was was on a hiding time nothing, wel hold out until say 60 mins with Walkers comparative pace chasing down and maybe Nick a goal but probably not. Then bring on two fresh strikers. Obviously it didn’t go to plan, Robins was clear he wasn’t happy with how the players executed his plan.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Hopefully a much needed better performance from us:

Moore
Panzo - Fadz - Doyle
Dabo Bidwell
Hamer Sheaf
Palmer
Godden Gyökores

Would be my staring 11.

#PUSB

no_loyalty

Moore
Dabo
* Panzo
Fadz
Doyle
Bidwell
Sheaf
Hamer
Palmer
Waghorn
Vik

* not ideal playing Panzo on the right but Rose was awful last week.

City 1 Albion 1

Sick Boy

Just thinking as we're playing West Brom, you never hear that song sung any more:

Oh I do like to be beside the sea side,

Oh i do like to be beside the sea,

Oh i do like to stroll along the prom prom prom

Where the brass band plays fuck off West Brom
…..and Birmingham and Leicester scum….and Walsalllll….if you all hate Walsall clap yer hands.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes, if she dies all sport is cancelled.

Two things:

First: if all sport is cancelled, it wouldn't give us any more games in hand
Second: I'll be shedding a tear, don't mind admitting it. Barely anybody alive has known life without her. Will feel very, very strange - the closest thing (and bigger) to when Diana was killed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread