Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Saturday 10th Sep (3 Viewers)

Blind-Faith

apparently the FA have cancelled all grass roots football.

Im sure its what the queen would have wanted.

correct, my under 11s match this Sunday AND next Sunday have both been postponed , absolutely fucking ridiculous it really is.

completely fucked my next two weekends up this has. Fed up with it all already and it’s not even been 24 hours yet 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Much as I hate to defend them, this isn't their decision
Well, it sort of is.

As is often their gameplan these days, it's a choice to absolve themselves of decision making so if people are annoyed ny the games being on or off they can just say 'not me, Guv'

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If the games are cancelled, I think fans should gather at the pubs outside the grounds around the country anyway.....national pissed-up street kickabout, a pie & a bit of a brawl........its what she would have wanted.
Has the BBC asked for a moment's violence like they did for her mum?

M&B Stand

My mate does all the street food at Dhillons on a Match Day

Thousands wasted on ingredients and supplies for tomorrow and the Rotherham game to be knocked on the head at the eleventh hour - I’m gutted for him

You do wonder how much more businesses can take, I know Brakes Foodservice are allowing all deliveries to be returned today and tomorrow.

There’s been massive pushback on the decision to cancel the fixtures, more than I thought there would be. But Football is the National game, it’s what’s life’s about for lots of people.

There is sometimes in your life you’ll need to be sad. Maybe you’ve lost a loved one, maybe you’ve lost love, maybe you’ve lost hope and soul, maybe you don’t know what to do. But in these sad times, we have the football. The football has no opinion, it can’t judge you. But it can reach out, it can be your friend, it can show you all that’s great and wonderful in life. That’s a beautiful thing isn’t it?

skybluelee

Proud to be a football fan tonight. The Premier League and The EFL have done the right thing calling off games tomorrow. I see Wasps are still playing tomorrow. Shameful.

Absolutely mate. It would have been incredibly disrespectful for my U12s match to have gone ahead tomorrow. Much better for most of them to stay in on their phones rather than exercising and having fun with their friends. It's what the Queen would have wanted.

CV22SBA

Absolutely mate. It would have been incredibly disrespectful for my U12s match to have gone ahead tomorrow. Much better for most of them to stay in on their phones rather than exercising and having fun with their friends. It's what the Queen would have wanted.
My kids school sports fixtures are still going ahead tomorrow. Instead of cancelling they will do a minutes silence instead.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't know Nick, I'm not The Oracle.

giphy.gif

Finham

Does anyone know if the Cymru Premier fixtures are still on? I was planning to listen to Flint Town United (great name! Pick one!) v Aberystwyth Town on Radio Aber. It's still listed on the BBC website, so fingers crossed. It's only a non league level really, but so is the National League and that's off including North/South.

D

Deleted member 2477

Cant believe the amount of selfish self entitled people who‘s only thought is they are missing a game of football when a family, children and country have lost someone who served their countryfor 70 plus years.
sad reflection of society and our country now

procdoc

Cant believe the amount of selfish self entitled people who‘s only thought is they are missing a game of football when a family, children and country have lost someone who served their countryfor 70 plus years.
I bet your cock will be pounding that Union Jack tonight

SBAndy

You’re a mad man.

Jamesimus

Cant believe the amount of selfish self entitled people who‘s only thought is the queen when a family, children and country are missing an U12's game and the match of the teams they've supported for 70 plus years.

Amended.

Hobo

I think Premier League and EFL jumped the gun and cancelled everything.

Then the government said guidelines were sport could go ahead this weekend as long as it was respectful to situation i.e minutes silence national anthem etc.,

Users who are viewing this thread