£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
The kids should be clearly taught.

"1 nil, and you fucked it up" if that situation was to arise.

(Not mine though, it's only funny when other people's kids swear and do funny things like that).

italiahorse

Could very easily be changed
No they just put a line of stewards on the steps.
I guess we would need to move our big kids some distance away from the away fans. The ideal place is behind the goal the other end but at the moment it is always closed.
Must admit the bowl is not ideal for small attendances thought. Certainly 2 levels like MK would mean we just close the upper Tier instead.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No they just put a line of stewards on the steps.
I guess we would need to move our big kids some distance away from the away fans. The ideal place is behind the goal the other end but at the moment it is always closed.
Must admit the bowl is not ideal for small attendances thought. Certainly 2 levels like MK would mean we just close the upper Tier instead.
It's the concourse that's the problem toilets etc. Knock the dividing wall down install shutters dividing away end into areas you can open or close depending on how many away fans are expected. Then as in other groundsall you need is one line of police

Nick

Administrator
It's the concourse that's the problem toilets etc. Knock the dividing wall down install shutters dividing away end into areas you can open or close depending on how many away fans are expected. Then as in other groundsall you need is one line of police

Yep, it would be a case of a shutter per couple of blocks.

So in theory they could halve the Tesco stand and pull a shutter down halfway down if they wanted to.

covcity4life

could this be something we do every matchday? is it viable?

not the fan village stuff but free tickets to school in old telegraph stand only. maybe limit it to one adult free ONLY with a school child to stop it being exploited.

could bump avg crowd up by 4 or 5k a week and get new generation as cov fans too.

scottccfc

Move the ticket offers around the area, i bet there would be a big take up on the offer in nuneaton/bedworth etc

Terry Gibson's perm

Move the ticket offers around the area, i bet there would be a big take up on the offer in nuneaton/bedworth etc

My daughters school is in nuneaton and they had free tickets and have taken an amount, they loved their visit the other week from the worlds worst boy band or solicitors Duck Biamou and Willis

Terry Gibson's perm

They can't do the £5 a game thing but they should be trying to give out tickets to schools all around Coventry, Warwickshire and Bristol

Don’t forget London as it’s where our most influential supporters club is based

SBAndy

My daughters school is in nuneaton and they had free tickets and have taken an amount, they loved their visit the other week from the worlds worst boy band or solicitors Duck Biamou and Willis

Which school is that? Seem to recall you live nearby. If you’d prefer not to say in public please feel free to PM. I only ask as I got in touch with SBITC and they said it was only schools in Cov that were involved, as my brother and sister are at school in Nuneaton and I was interested as to whether it was going to be available for them.

edgy

Me and our kid are taking the little ones to their first game but they both managed to get 4 tickets each from the schools. we are just going to see which seats are the best and offer them back or offer them out to someone else. Both kids really excited about going so hope its a nice day a 3 points.
Which school is that? Seem to recall you live nearby. If you’d prefer not to say in public please feel free to PM. I only ask as I got in touch with SBITC and they said it was only schools in Cov that were involved, as my brother and sister are at school in Nuneaton and I was interested as to whether it was going to be available for them.

Same here. I was told the offer was only for Coventry schools and Nuneaton schools were not getting the offer...

ccfcricoh

I'd like to think they will do it more often, they will probably use the excuse that it's not fair on ST holders already paying more per game in advance, but if they asked the ST holders i'm sure they would realise there isn't a problem, i would rather sit there with 4/5k extra people doesn't matter how much they are paying.

Nick

Administrator
I'd like to think they will do it more often, they will probably use the excuse that it's not fair on ST holders already paying more per game in advance, but if they asked the ST holders i'm sure they would realise there isn't a problem, i would rather sit there with 4/5k extra people doesn't matter how much they are paying.

As a ST holder I have no issue with it being done more often on a big scale like a couple of games a year or inviting say 5 different schools to each game every week.

If it was doing this scale offer every game to fill a stand I wouldn't buy a ST, I'd just go to the school and ask for tickets every week which is where it starts impacting on ST and paying customers as I am sure plenty would also.

edgy

1000 tickets to schools per home game would be alright.

On another note, Accrington are giving away 1200 home shirts to school kids today. That's very good of them, but also a costly exercise I'd imagine.

Nick

Administrator
1000 tickets to schools per home game would be alright.

On another note, Accrington are giving away 1200 home shirts to school kids today. That's very good of them, but also a costly exercise I'd imagine.

Saw that, it is a great gesture in terms of PR but I didn't see if they were targetted or anything? Did they just let young kids who were fans who liked football go?

If not, it might be like the time at school we had somebody come in from a church giving out free bibles and it was only at lunchtime I realised why some of the lads were taking a few. The paper inside them was very much like Rizla.

800 - 900 of the shirts could get chucked in the cupboard or not bothered with but then again it could get them a couple of hundred new fans. Hopefully they will have done the maths to see how many new fans they need to get to make it worthwhile going forward.

Fair play to them though, it is doing a good job of interacting with the kids.

edgy

Year 3 kids apparently. So 7 & 8 year olds. The prime target for creating new fans.

RoboCCFC90

On the whole yes, but that 'song' where they jump up and down is embarrassing. It's just noise.

That particular example hasn't worked out as well as it could'be done admittedly.

On the whole I think the drum helps with the atmosphere, yes it's not perfect, but ultimately the Ricoh would be dead without the fans that do try and improve the atmosphere.

Nick

Administrator
Year 3 kids apparently. So 7 & 8 year olds. The prime target for creating new fans.

Yep, hopefully loads of the kids will go home to show their parents and want to wear it with pride and pester to be able to go to games etc. They are competing with Blackburn and Burnley so fair play to them!

Terry Gibson's perm

She is at Oakwood on donnithorne ave just looked they have taken 30 odd at least and the students have been to the Alan Higgs centre today maybe they got a batch because of the students they have

no_loyalty

Did they visit all schools in Coventry?, as my nephew knows nothing about the free tickets, so had to buy him one out of my own pocket (yes I know I'm a tight bastard, but need as much money as possible for the Brighton trip)

Nick

Administrator
Did they visit all schools in Coventry?, as my nephew knows nothing about the free tickets, so had to buy him one out of my own pocket (yes I know I'm a tight bastard, but need as much money as possible for the Brighton trip)

They got in contact with them (Primary Schools), when I asked they said some schools didnt get back to them so didnt get the tickets.

CV22SBA

If just under 26K sold and now very few single seats left in all areas where is the empty 6-7K seats? They said weeks ago hospitality was sold out and someone on here said they are in block 10. Are blocks 7-9 going to be empty?

covcity4life

same here

bablake said they were not contacted. but thats his teacher, she prob wouldnt know full story

edit-they are not in primary school

Users who are viewing this thread