£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Superb deal.

All kids for free and £5 tickets without booking fee.

North stand is being opened.

Nick

Administrator
NEWS: Sky Blues announce Community Day - with superb ticket offer PLUS free tickets for schools!

All tickets purchased in advance for the game on Saturday 10th February at the Ricoh Arena will cost just £5 – no booking fee, no price zones.

All tickets purchased on the day of the game will still be at the bargain price of only £10 – again, no booking fee, no price zones.

All tickets £5 in advance PLUS @SBitC_CCFC are filling the North Stand with school children!!!

No excuses not to go, get the ground full!

Nick

Administrator
Will be good to see if they can fill that stand with schools and parents!

The team at Sky Blues in the Community have already started visiting schools to begin the process of filling the North Stand with young Sky Blues fans, taking vouchers for free tickets to the game against Accrington.

With Accrington Stanley and the Sky Blues both pushing for promotion, it could be a crucial match for Mark Robins’ side – so we want to see as many fans as possible inside the Ricoh Arena on the 10th February supporting the team!

pusbccfc

Sadly, I can see a crowd of no bigger than 14,000.

They need to get into every school across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull and hand out leflets mentioning the free ticket and how to get them.

Nick

Administrator
Sadly, I can see a crowd of no bigger than 14,000.

They need to get into every school across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull and hand out leflets mentioning the free ticket and how to get them.

Isn't that this bit?

The team at Sky Blues in the Community have already started visiting schools to begin the process of filling the North Stand with young Sky Blues fans, taking vouchers for free tickets to the game against Accrington.

Can't do much more than go into schools to hand out vouchers.

ajsccfc

Oh I misread it at first as kids tickets for a fiver, but it's £5 for absolutely anyone? That's amazing.

ajsccfc

I'd be severely disappointed if the attendance isn't 20000+ at that price, League 2 football not being worth the money has been a large reason I've seen for people not going any more so if anything will get them back for at least a day it's this.

Londonccfcfan

Even though this doesn't effect me, il try and get some mates to come!

Get in! that is just superb!

They have picked a decent game too! a Promotion rival.

Londonccfcfan

I wonder what the biggest attendance I league two this season is for any club? it may be Notts county with around 12k! should smash that.

Nick

Administrator
Wonder what the all time record is? Would think it would be somebody like Portsmouth when they got taken over. Will have a google.

Pompey got 17,956 last year on their last game, they were champions though!

ajsccfc

I don't know if this is the official all-time record but it looks like that's beyond us- Gers fans set to shatter world attendance record for fourth tier match

The Ibrox side are confident of pulling in more than 40,000 punters for their first home Third Division fixture – which would shatter the previous highest for a fourth-tier game set by Crystal Palace in 1961.

A crowd of 37,774 watched their English Fourth Division clash with London rivals Millwall but that is expected to be dwarfed by Gers fans heading to Govan for the historic occasion.

Otis

No excuses. Should be a really big crowd for this.

Well done the club. Do think I will be disappointed though with the actual attendance when it happens.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Even though this doesn't effect me, il try and get some mates to come!

Get in! that is just superb!

They have picked a decent game too! a Promotion rival.

Promotion rival who have a tiny following so even at £5 probably bring 1,000 fans tops, wise move than say a Swindon or Luton who could bring 4/5k

Seamus1

Further credit is due as if you paid full price for a ticket before this announcement, the club will honour a refund of the difference.

Sadly, although this is a great initiative shown, I think people will still find excuses not to go, and they will do well to get over 15k...therefore harming overall revenue. Would need to be hoping to attract a crowd of around 28k in order to get the same kind of revenue as a regular priced league 2 game would generate. I do appreciate though that one of the reasons behind this is to try to get the younger fans in and hopefully hassling mummy and daddy to go to another (full priced) match, or get a shirt etc. Hopefully the team puts on a good display to make those want to come back.

I have already seem one or two comments from season ticket holders complaining.

I will further admit that I will sadly not be able to attend due to having to sit an exam that day...however if there are 4 NOPM followers who wish to go, I will gladly give £20 of my money so they can watch the football, safe in the knowledge that none of their money is aiding SISU/the football club.

Nick

Administrator
Further credit is due as if you paid full price for a ticket before this announcement, the club will honour a refund of the difference.

Sadly, although this is a great initiative shown, I think people will still find excuses not to go, and they will do well to get over 15k...therefore harming overall revenue. Would need to be hoping to attract a crowd of around 28k in order to get the same kind of revenue as a regular priced league 2 game would generate. I do appreciate though that one of the reasons behind this is to try to get the younger fans in and hopefully hassling mummy and daddy to go to another (full priced) match, or get a shirt etc. Hopefully the team puts on a good display to make those want to come back.

I will further admit that I will sadly not be able to attend due to having to sit an exam that day...however if there are 4 NOPM followers who wish to go, I will gladly give £20 of my money so they can watch the football, safe in the knowledge that none of their money is aiding SISU/the football club.

Really, what are they moaning about?

I have no issue with it at all as a season ticket holder as a one off initiative, obviously if it was every game I could see why people would get annoyed but not for something like this!

Londonccfcfan

Sky Bet League Two | Attendances

13,267 is the number to beat apparently

Just gos to show, we will smash that for one game and be back do

Yeah true if we get around 15k for this it will harm revenue! that's not even taking into consideration extra stewarding and policing etc.

MatthewWallis

It will be budgeted for, clubs know they’re allowed 2 offers a year (I think that’s right)

Users who are viewing this thread