Wilson on the move (3 Viewers)

Where will he actually end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jim20

What mega signing could we get for under 2 million? You do realise that championship clubs often spend 10 million plus on players to get them to the premiership 😂

Plus that way of thinking is what got us in the mess in the first place so it won't (thankfully) happen again

I hope we never go back to the days of spending money we don’t have. The fact we now seem to balance our books is a good thing, especially in the coming years, a lot of clubs are going to be in trouble

mr_monkey

Why do so many people keep saying this? Has anyone been on here saying its going to be a walk in the park, easy? Who exactly are you referring to?

There are people on here who genuinely think we will mount a playoff challenge 😂 mid table would be a stunning achievement but anything above 22nd would be an incredible season

cc84cov

Why do so many people keep saying this? Has anyone been on here saying its going to be a walk in the park, easy? Who exactly are you referring to?
Jesus Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️

just take a look at the sides we are playing mate yeah before you ask why people keep saying it🤷🏻‍♂️

mr_monkey

Who is saying its going to be easy? I haven't seen anyone talk in the way you are accusing them of.

And which is better- "incredible" or "stunning"? :unsure:

Look through the Bristol match thread it's full of people saying we should expect to beat them and it's a bad result if we don't 😂 this is a team that pushed for the playoffs last season and signed a 20 million quid defender on loan today

shmmeee

We wouldn't get Walsh for 2 million and where does he fit into the team, do you drop hamer or Kelly for him?

Even robins has said that hamer is the replacement for Walsh as we couldn't get him, we need to let go (until next summer of course if he is a free agent :) )

Considering Sheaf went for £750k with two years on his contract and his stats were similar to Walsh’s in L1 and I think he’s younher? Ditto Walker was less than a million with an outstanding record at L1.Is Walsh with a year left really worth more than £2m? I doubt it. £1m would get him I reckon.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I just see it as this; it's simply a bonus circa £2m that we've received without having to sell anyone. If it's used for player budget/reduce non-playing staff redundancies/insurance nest egg in case of relegation/crown for Robins, I'm not really that bothered!

shmmeee

I hope we never go back to the days of spending money we don’t have. The fact we now seem to balance our books is a good thing, especially in the coming years, a lot of clubs are going to be in trouble

Im not sure we’ve ever balanced the books have we? We are tens of millions in debt only a few years on from admin after all. We’re certainly not haemorrhaging money like we have in the past but we are hardly breaking even.

The Great Eastern

Considering Sheaf went for £750k with two years on his contract and his stats were similar to Walsh’s in L1 and I think he’s younher? Ditto Walker was less than a million with an outstanding record at L1.Is Walsh with a year left really worth more than £2m? I doubt it. £1m would get him I reckon.
Get Walsh for less than a million ? Think u need a very strong coffee.

Ring Of Steel

Look through the Bristol match thread it's full of people saying we should expect to beat them and it's a bad result if we don't 😂 this is a team that pushed for the playoffs last season and signed a 20 million quid defender on loan today

No it isn't, that thread isn't full of people saying that at all, why are you making things up?

Dions Dong

Walsh is on a one year contract, pretty sure 1.5 million-2 million is realistic to be honest.

Cov could always wait, hope he doesn’t break into the first team or underperforms then pick him up in Jan.

Not sure Bristol would be keen to lose him on a free and they have an absolute glut of midfielders at the moment.

May be wishful thinking, but Robins has proven he is willing to wait for certain players, so I wouldn’t rule us out completely of atleast making the enquiry as to his availability.

The addition of the Wilson money is a welcome one, and alternatively if used to keep the club afloat no one could complain really.

mr_monkey

If Walsh was available for a million we would have signed him instead of hamer

Robins has said that they asked about Walsh's availability and we couldn't afford him

shmmeee

If Walsh was available for a million we would have signed him instead of hamer

Robins has said that they asked about Walsh's availability and we couldn't afford him

Has he? Have you got a link I hadn’t seen that. Still don’t think he’s worth more than £2m.

Ring Of Steel

Jesus Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️

just take a look at the sides we are playing mate yeah before you ask why people keep saying it🤷🏻‍♂️

Everyone knows its hard. Not everyone feels the need to constantly repeat the obvious over & over and accusing people of saying its going to be easy, when as far as I can see they are not. Nobody.

As a side note, I'm interested to see how long it is before you're calling for changes to be made or saying someone isn't good enough for this level or that you don't understand why Robins can't see what you can- I'm personally going for 21 minutes in.

Marty

Problem with Bristol City is they'll expect to challenge for promotion so might be willing to run down his contract of the off chance they may need him for a few games. They may be open to offers if they're falling a bit short and looking to offload some players on short contracts.

Evo1883

There are people on here who genuinely think we will mount a playoff challenge 😂 mid table would be a stunning achievement but anything above 22nd would be an incredible season
I have a friend who thinks playoffs, mind you he's a ridiculous optimist anyway

Sbarcher

If Walsh doesn't make the BC 1st team, then we can pick him up for 250K in Jan as there will be little value left on his contract.

Terry_dactyl

We wouldn't get Walsh for 2 million and where does he fit into the team, do you drop hamer or Kelly for him?

Even robins has said that hamer is the replacement for Walsh as we couldn't get him, we need to let go (until next summer of course if he is a free agent :) )
Yes...would definitely drop either of them. But you’re right. Very unlikely to happen.

mark_ccfc

Yup some people are in for a big wake up this season for sure
There are a few, admittedly, but take a look at the 'Seasons expectations quiz' thread, most people are predicting a bottom half finish at the end of the season, so I think most people's expectations are realistic.

robbiethemole

There are a few, admittedly, but take a look at the 'Seasons expectations quiz' thread, most people are predicting a bottom half finish at the end of the season, so I think most people's expectations are realistic.
Saw some QPR fans saying survival would be good for them. If an established Champ team’s fans feel like that, what should our thinking be?

ceetee

If Walsh can't get into Bristol's first team, and we can somehow pick him up for a song, and want to, what does that say about the standard of our team

Ian1779

As one of the people that have gone for a Top 6 finish, I’m happy to admit I am stupidly optimistic and anything above 22nd is fine by me.

But on the other hand we should never underestimate the power of momentum and a winning mentality. Even looking at the MK Dons game - we were down to 10 and away from home, yet still got it done (albeit against lower leagues opposition I acknowledge) it’s not something that money can always buy.

Users who are viewing this thread