Wilson on the move (2 Viewers)

Where will he actually end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shmmeee

If Walsh can't get into Bristol's first team, and we can somehow pick him up for a song, and want to, what does that say about the standard of our team

If Conor Chaplin couldn’t get in our first team and Barnsley picked him up for a song, and wanted to, what does that say about the standard of Barnsley’s team?

Nothing really. Could be all sorts of reasons he doesn’t fit in at Brizzle, their glut of midfielders probably one of them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tell Robins that. He wants two more.

He knows who can improve the squad, I trust him with the funds if he thinks it’s needed. But I think quite a few here want money spent just because we have it. Being honest beyond a better backup keeper I can’t think of what he has in mind

mr_monkey

[/QUOTE]
As one of the people that have gone for a Top 6 finish, I’m happy to admit I am stupidly optimistic and anything above 22nd is fine by me.

But on the other hand we should never underestimate the power of momentum and a winning mentality. Even looking at the MK Dons game - we were down to 10 and away from home, yet still got it done (albeit against lower leagues opposition I acknowledge) it’s not something that money can always buy.

But playing against mk Dons compared to Norwich city is a little different isn't it.... I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy just being realistic as I know how toxic this place will get if/when we go on a bad run (tbf it'll probably meltdown if we don't beat Bristol on Saturday 🙈)

Kieranp96

Ryan fraser also just joined Newcastle, there attack is gona be really good next season
Wilson
Fraser Saint maximan

If they click they will take alot by surprised obviously fraser and Wilson have already shed together to years.

Brighton Sky Blue

But playing against mk Dons compared to Norwich city is a little different isn't it.... I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy just being realistic as I know how toxic this place will get if/when we go on a bad run (tbf it'll probably meltdown if we don't beat Bristol on Saturday 🙈)
[/QUOTE]

We just need 6 points every 5 games

shmmeee

He knows who can improve the squad, I trust him with the funds if he thinks it’s needed. But I think quite a few here want money spent just because we have it. Being honest beyond a better backup keeper I can’t think of what he has in mind

No me neither. Maybe a LWB? That’s the main reason I want it spent, I want to know where he’s looking at.

Liquid Gold

I’m surprised we haven’t started loaning players out yet. There should be a fair number that would benefit from game time in league two. I’d also send Jodi out until January.

mr_monkey

We just need 6 points every 5 games
[/QUOTE]

"Just"

JimmyHillsbeard

I Will forever be grateful to the on loan Darren Jackson for doing him in a night match up at Blackburn .I think the evening when Alan Green on five live described our red shirts as pink as we demolished them ?
Think Jackson only made about 5 appearances if that,I wouldn't normally gloat over it as It might have resembled something like Nicky Summerbee on Froggat,but then Batty wasn't Froggat.

Hmmm, Jackson didn’t join us until 5 years after that particular game. He was literally Dublin’s No 9 replacement after he left in 1998, the Blackburn 5-2 away win was in Jan 1993. Batty was long gone to Newcastle by the time Jackson joined us.

Jackson played 3 games on loan for us, his debut vs Middlesbrough and 2 other sub appearances neither against Blackburn.

fernandopartridge

Hmmm, Jackson didn’t join us until 5 years after that particular game. He was literally Dublin’s No 9 replacement after he left in 1998, the Blackburn 5-2 away win was in Jan 1993. Batty was long gone to Newcastle by the time Jackson joined us.

Jackson played 3 games on loan for us, his debut vs Middlesbrough and 2 other sub appearances neither against Blackburn.

The signing of Darren Jackson was heralded by one of the Coventry Evening Telegraph posters advertising that night's City Final with the headline 'City sign World Cup Star'. It was 98/99 like you say, sure he played in that 4-0 win over Forest in Jan 99.

JimmyHillsbeard

The signing of Darren Jackson was heralded by one of the Coventry Evening Telegraph posters advertising that night's City Final with the headline 'City sign World Cup Star'. It was 98/99 like you say, sure he played in that 4-0 win over Forest in Jan 99.

Yep his three games were all sub appearances. Boro, Leeds and Forest.

Great spot with the Robson foul on Batty. It’s very poor; def yellow, possible red card even in those days but it’s nowhere near Summerbee on Froggatt which was tantamount to assault.

wingy

Ha senior moment .
Nice watch that .
I just remember Batty had been marauding around taking ours down and it was justice.
I think he missed a good chunk of England action after that.

Users who are viewing this thread