Wilson on the move (1 Viewer)

Where will he actually end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jordan210

Looks more and more likely that Callum Wilson will off. Hopefully with a couple of teams fighting over him will push the price up. Hopefully deal gets done soon. So we can spend some of it

Frostie

Erm do we get a percentage of matt Richie then?

There's often loopholes in these deals, look at the furore over Michel Vorm's transfer to Spurs; Utrecht ended up getting stiffed on the deal as Swansea claimed Vorm's value as zero. Utrecht ended up taking Swansea to court but ultimately lost.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up at Villa - which would be our preferable option given they're willing to offer a transfer fee rather fee, without a player swap.

With regards to Newcastle's offer I don't really Matt Ritchie as an attractive bargaining chip in a transfer deal, not for Bournemouth anyway. He's a good player but he earns £45k a week (could be more as he signed a new deal in March) - and given Bournemouth are trying to strip their already colossal wage bill after their relegation I highly doubt they'll want to add to it by bringing in Ritchie, who I'm sure won't want to take a pay cut considering he's got three years (I think) left on his contract at Newcastle.

Also, at some point this year I'm pretty sure Bournemouth still owe around £32m in transfer instalments, which also makes me think Villa's offer would be far better suited to their immediate needs.

ccfc92

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up at Villa - which would be our preferable option given they're willing to offer a transfer fee rather fee, without a player swap.

With regards to Newcastle's offer I don't really Matt Ritchie as an attractive bargaining chip in a transfer deal, not for Bournemouth anyway. He's a good player but he earns £45k a week (could be more as he signed a new deal in March) - and given Bournemouth are trying to strip their already colossal wage bill after their relegation I highly doubt they'll want to add to it by bringing in Ritchie, who I'm sure won't want to take a pay cut considering he's got three years (I think) left on his contract at Newcastle.

Also, at some point this year I'm pretty sure Bournemouth still owe around £32m in transfer instalments, which also makes me think Villa's offer would be far better suited to their immediate needs.

He was at Bournemouth for a few years, so that may have an impact. As long as we get what we're owed, i.e sell on %, that's the main thing.

wingy

There's often loopholes in these deals, look at the furore over Michel Vorm's transfer to Spurs; Utrecht ended up getting stiffed on the deal as Swansea claimed Vorm's value as zero. Utrecht ended up taking Swansea to court but ultimately lost.
Yeah but they're not SISU.🤔

Covstu

Villa been crying out for a decent striker last season. Keep him fit and he would do a job

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Harry H

I think Wilson will play in goal against MK. Hope CW goes to Villa for straight £££_rather than player swap malarkey.

Magwitch

Be ironic for a piece of the Callum Wilson fee buys us the player who propels to the Premiership passing Villa on the way.

Legia Sky Blue

The later and longer it drags on the lower the price.
[/QUOT

'Au contraire Rodney'

If you've not seen it watch the Sunderland Netflix documentary when they sign Will Grigg on deadline day!!

To be fair it depends how many interested clubs there are. If there's only one then Bournemouth don't have much wiggle room, but if there's competition they are in a good position to get a good fee for him.

Hadji's_Goatee

Lot's more reports this morning on the Wilson move. His entourage say a move is 'imminent'!

Looks like £30M is the price, Villa and Spurs being most heavily linked. Can't see the Newcastle move happening over the others.

Bournemouth want straight cash.

If Spurs, then he could still keep his family 'darn sarf'

If Villa, then back in the good ol' Midlands

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry sold Wilson to Bournemouth for around £3million in July 2014 with a sell-on clause, believed to be between 10-15 per cent. The Sky Blues are understood to have already benefited from a six-figure sum after the home-bred player gained promotion to the Premier League as part of a series of add-on payments worked into the deal

Users who are viewing this thread