Wilson on the move (3 Viewers)

Where will he actually end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

covcity4life

At the risk of repetition, a club in our financial situation, that is rising quite successfully, and turning over players quite frequently (this year's likely line up could have up to 4-5 newcomers) ....does not need to be encumbered with long term contracts in the vague hope there will be a sell on. The guys to lock in are the promising youngsters like Bapaga.

Biamou is a case in point. How much better if we had been able just to release him and say thank you.

If we had not got promoted Biamou would still be an asset. Promotion one year before end of his contract is not a bad thing. It is a mark of successful recruitment

junglej13

Sky sports saying Wilson had the majority of his medical last night... And is just waiting on a couple of test results this morning! I do hope those knees hold up.

ceetee

Daily Telegraph reports that Bournemouth favoured Newcastle over Villa because they were prepared to pay full fee up front whereas Villa wanted to pay in instalments

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Same could be said for any club, I remember McNulty and Biamou getting loads of stick early on in the L2 season and people calling for Ponticelli to be first choice striker

It can be said of any club but Geordies are an exceptional case, esp with strikers. Have a belief they should be challenging for titles because they're a massive club and because they had Milburn and Shearer any striker should be scoring every game or they're rubbish.

wingy

It can be said of any club but Geordies are an exceptional case, esp with strikers. Have a belief they should be challenging for titles because they're a massive club and because they had Milburn and Shearer any striker should be scoring every game or they're rubbish.
Asprilla and Ginola gave them a certain je ne sais quoi.

Last edited:

jordan210

giphy.gif

Magwitch

Interesting: I would think the kick back from this Wilson deal would just about level out what we have paid out so far fee wise this window which has to be good wether that means we are able to bring others in we will see. I shan’t be holding my breath.

ExmouthNeil

I think we've done some really good business in this window. I'd be happy with Rose extending and ecstatic if we signed anyone else...

Skybluedownunder

CET says...

The sell-on clause is understood to be between 10-15 per cent of the latest fee, minus what the club initially received for his services.

That means, if the figures are correct, Coventry will get a percentage of around £17m (£20m minus £3m) which should provide a minimum of £1.7m, based on 10 per cent.

I had my hopes on us receiving £3m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtrench

It's No Secret he was an annoying opponent but you wanted him on your team. Better The Devil You Know and all that.

I know, he was just the vehicle for the joke - I know he served his purpose.

I used to play regularly at work on Thursday lunchtimes. I don't have much natural skill and I don't really make up for it with tenacity - although I try. One of my team mates once said to me "You're much more David Batty than Davide Ginola, aren't you Trench?"

wingy

It's No Secret he was an annoying opponent but you wanted him on your team. Better The Devil You Know and all that.
I Will forever be grateful to the on loan Darren Jackson for doing him in a night match up at Blackburn .I think the evening when Alan Green on five live described our red shirts as pink as we demolished them ?
Think Jackson only made about 5 appearances if that,I wouldn't normally gloat over it as It might have resembled something like Nicky Summerbee on Froggat,but then Batty wasn't Froggat.

mr_monkey

Club would run a lot better if the money financed a mega signing or loan deal that helped get us into the Premier.

What mega signing could we get for under 2 million? You do realise that championship clubs often spend 10 million plus on players to get them to the premiership 😂

Plus that way of thinking is what got us in the mess in the first place so it won't (thankfully) happen again

Users who are viewing this thread