Will we stay up ? (1 Viewer)

Will we stay up ?

• Yes

Votes: 156 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.6%

• Total voters

Barnsley

I have voted that we will stay up but really touch and go,,,,,,I think Wycombe are still down but think it is between

Sheff Weds
Brum
Cov
Huddersfied
Barnsley

two from those five really Huddersfield and Barnsley in awful runs of form can see them both getting sucked into the mix!

You’ve got to look at who we’ve been playing, since the turn of the year, we’ve failed to win but we’ve only lost 4 games and they were against Norwich 0-1, Swansea 0-2, Watford 0-1, and Chelsea0-1. After today’s trip to Brentford the fixture list looks far better for us. January and most of February was always a write off for us because we’ve really struggled against the top 6 teams, they’ve got the quality to combat our style of play and we refuse to play any other way.

SeaSeeEffCee

Huddersfield another team we were happy to settle for a point with who are proving to be shite. If we go down it'll be due to the games vs the likes of Birmingham, Luton, Huddersfield, Derby etc. where we took no interest in trying to win the game. Said it at the time but we really didn't pick up enough points in that ridiculously kind run of fixtures we had in December/Jan.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Huddersfield another team we were happy to settle for a point with who are proving to be shite. If we go down it'll be due to the games vs the likes of Birmingham, Luton, Huddersfield, Derby etc. where we took no interest in trying to win the game. Said it at the time but we really didn't pick up enough points in that ridiculously kind run of fixtures we had in December/Jan.

Exactly this.

However, when you point it out there seems to be a band of fanatics who jump down your throat.

We should have won those games and were good enough to. The fact we didn't go for it was criminal.

cc84cov

Exactly this.

However, when you point it out there seems to be a band of fanatics who jump down your throat.

We should have won those games and were good enough to. The fact we didn't go for it was criminal.
It’s not “we” it’s robins and his cautious ways he’s too negative

SeaSeeEffCee

Exactly this.

That's the thing isn't it. We all knew we'd be in a relegation battle this season, but we could easily be in a much more comfortable position had we approached certain games in a different manner. In a way I think I'd be less pissed off if we were just shit, like Wycombe. At least then you'd be able to put it purely down to lack of quality. People love to get on their high horse over others being annoyed about how the seasons going, but for me I'm only annoyed because we could doing so much better and right now it feels like we're heading towards a totally avoidable relegation.

Legia Sky Blue

No you twat, I'm wishing him luck dealing with the shit time he's going through and has openly discussed on here. Alright?

No its not alright dickhead. No idea about the guy's shit time - your post read like you were wishing him luck on betting on us to be relegated. It was then pointed out that you were being sarcastic so I retracted it. Regardless I still hope any of our 'fans' that bet us to be relegated do their money.

Greggs

No its not alright dickhead. No idea about the guy's shit time - your post read like you were wishing him luck on betting on us to be relegated. It was then pointed out that you were being sarcastic so I retracted it. Regardless I still hope any of our 'fans' that bet us to be relegated do their money.
Makes no sense. Don't get involved if you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Dickhead

Otis

That ridiculously kind run when we were missing one or both of our top two strikers?

We would have undoubtedly picked up more points had Walker and/or Godden been fit.

It's as clear as day there are hardly any goals to be had from Biamou and Baka. Godden and Walker are natural goalscorers. Max and Baka aren't.

SeaSeeEffCee

That ridiculously kind run when we were missing one or both of our top two strikers?

We would have undoubtedly picked up more points had Walker and/or Godden been fit.

It's as clear as day there are hardly any goals to be had from Biamou and Baka. Godden and Walker are natural goalscorers. Max and Baka aren't.
One of Walker and Godden played in every game from the start of the easy run up until Godden got injured at Millwall (ironically we won that one after he went off)

johnwillomagic

Think Barnsley and Huddersfield will get sucked in as neither carry any goal threat and think Barnsley side will also suffer fatigue due to their high press making them far less efficient at stopping goals going in at the other end,

Yeah forgot Rotherham but for some reason can see them Derby & Forest getting our of the mix.

Grendel

Think Barnsley and Huddersfield will get sucked in as neither carry any goal threat and think Barnsley side will also suffer fatigue due to their high press making them far less efficient at stopping goals going in at the other end,

Yeah forgot Rotherham but for some reason can see them Derby & Forest getting our of the mix.

Barnsley are 5 points ahead and two games in hand

SeaSeeEffCee

Barnsley currently 2-0 away at Brentford

lifeskyblue

It’s three from Wycombe, Wednesday, Blues, Huddersfield and Us. Expect Wycombe to finish bottom...but going to be very close for the two other places.
Can we survive...definitely Yes
Will we survive...touch and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travs

Didn't we go into the first part of the season with an "attacking attitude" to games, getting beaten left/right/centre, leaving all the experts on here to suggest that we start playing defensively. Which we are now doing, and are still above the (hopeful) target of around 1pt per game to keep us up.

Sky_Blue_Daz

My prediction of safe by Easter may be a touch optimistic. But I still think we will stay up

Grendel

How on earth are Barnsley doing so well as it’s all about the budget?

Magwitch

So hard to predict Brentford slipped up today and buggered my bet up, Bournemouth not winning too many Reading been in good form lately dropped home points yesterday to iffy Millwall it is really a week by week process.

johnwillomagic

tbf that is an absolutely blinding result for Barnsley today but they still need some more points yet to be safe.
That is a huge step for them though I may be wrong in them getting sucked into dogfight time will tell.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Didn't we go into the first part of the season with an "attacking attitude" to games, getting beaten left/right/centre, leaving all the experts on here to suggest that we start playing defensively. Which we are now doing, and are still above the (hopeful) target of around 1pt per game to keep us up.

We were conceding early on in the season but were scoring a few as well. MR changed things to be a bit more solid and lost a bit of attacking intent but we had a decent spell (albeit at a time we were also playing clubs also struggling at the time).

Now we've still lost that attacking impetus but the defensive frailties are becoming increasingly evident. I think the lack of attacking ability can be linked quite closely with losing our two main strikers and the defence has looked more frail without Kelly in front of them (even more so yesterday without Fadz - really thought he'd be included given the likely direct style Cardiff were going to play).

Next few games would be difficult regardless of the injuries but if we can concentrate on making sure they're match fit for the 'nicer' run in March even if that means only playing them sporadically or subbing them on/off in the next few games so be it. Would be awful if we rushed them back a bit and they ended up reinjuring themselves before those more winnable games with teams around us.

Grendel

tbf that is an absolutely blinding result for Barnsley today but they still need some more points yet to be safe.
That is a huge step for them though I may be wrong in them getting sucked into dogfight time will tell.

They are seven points off the play offs with a game in hand

Barnsley

As most on here who take note of my posts will know, I go by blocks of 6 fixtures, to get a balanced view of our from, in our last block of 6 league games we’ve played Norwich, Watford, Swansea, And Brentford, due to our performances in the cup games during that block and beating them today, we’ve come out of it with our peckers up, the next block of 6 is far easier than the last 6, on paper at least. Blackburn, Bristol, Stoke, Millwall, QPR, Birmingham, and Derby next up for us

clint van damme

As most on here who take note of my posts will know, I go by blocks of 6 fixtures, to get a balanced view of our from, in our last block of 6 league games we’ve played Norwich, Watford, Swansea, And Brentford, due to our performances in the cup games during that block and beating them today, we’ve come out of it with our peckers up, the next block of 6 is far easier than the last 6, on paper at least. Blackburn, Bristol, Stoke, Millwall, QPR, Birmingham, and Derby next up for us

Potential to do us a few favours there

Magwitch

There’s is normally a team that drops down the league, can’t think what’s gone wrong at Bristol fancied to be promotion contenders at the start of the season think they will have enough to stay up but you never know.

Johhny Blue

There’s is normally a team that drops down the league, can’t think what’s gone wrong at Bristol fancied to be promotion contenders at the start of the season think they will have enough to stay up but you never know.
Bournemouth are doing their best to be that team right now

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Feb will not define our season-we aren’t expecting to get anything from these games and we should go all out and try to surprise a few teams that will underestimate us.

March fixtures will define our season as we up against teams around us and we could and should pick up points from all of of fixtures.
e59ee3031ecf1313d8ca860a8d554b7b.png

I’ll start worrying at the end of March about going down not at the end of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Liquid Gold

I’m still not calling us down but we don’t just need an easier run of fixtures we need to completely change the mindset in which we approach games.

Users who are viewing this thread