What do you want to see on here? (2 Viewers)

ms639

any way of a notification system when people comment on your thread/ reply to your posts?

torchomatic

A phrase filter so we would never have to read old favourites like "s****** g**", "b***** P***** in c****", etc etc

Nick

Administrator
any way of a notification system when people comment on your thread/ reply to your posts?

I could add this:

Twitter-style @ "Mentions": Typing @username produces a "Mention" that will alert the user to your post, as well as link to their profile.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks [MENTION=2014]skyblueindorset[/MENTION] :)

The email alerts are working ok, just need to get them all to show up on the notifications at the top!

Godiva

Ah sorry missed that.

The only issue with using Google is that it needs the page to be indexed, sometimes it can take a few hours for it to index with Google so the newest content wouldn't show up. :(

I upgraded the search function recently so it is a bit faster, but I am happy to try the Google option :)

Well, the newest posts I can remember and even find. It's the older posts ...

The search engine may be faster, but that only means it will report 'no such filter attribute 'userid' a few milliseconds quicker.

Nick

Administrator
Well, the newest posts I can remember and even find. It's the older posts ...

The search engine may be faster, but that only means it will report 'no such filter attribute 'userid' a few milliseconds quicker.

Where are you doing the search? It works ok from here.

Ill have a play with the Google search tomorrow :)

Godiva

Where are you doing the search? It works ok from here.

Ill have a play with the Google search tomorrow :)

'Advanced search' function.
The problem is that it needs exact words.
For instance - say I just know I have made a post saying something like 'you should put a sisu out smiley at your post', then how do I find that post?
Searching for 'Sisu out' finds 729 results over 29 pages of threads. Way too many to read through.
Then I can try 'Sisu out smiley' and it finds nothing.
Turns out the correct sentence was 'sisu out emoticon'.

So if Google search engine 'read' the context instead of exact words I would easier find the post I am looking for.

And what if I spelled a key word wrong? I would never find the post unless I make the same mistake twice (I often do, but ...).

One more thing - say my post is buried in a very long thread, it would be very helpful for the search result to lead to the actual post and not just the thread.

I do apologize if I use the search function wrong, but I did look for some additional instructions as I searched
Key Word(s): How to use the search function
Author: Nick
Result: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...-spare!?highlight=how+use+the+search+function

Nick

Administrator
'Advanced search' function.
The problem is that it needs exact words.
For instance - say I just know I have made a post saying something like 'you should put a sisu out smiley at your post', then how do I find that post?
Searching for 'Sisu out' finds 729 posts. Way too many to read through.
Then I can try 'Sisu out smiley' and it finds nothing.
Turns out the correct sentence was 'sisu out emoticon'.

So if Google search engine 'read' the context instead of exact words I would easier find the post I am looking for.

And what if I spelled a key word wrong? I would never find the post unless I make the same mistake twice (I often do, but ...).

One more thing - say my post is buried in a very long thread, it would be very helpful for the search result to lead to the actual post and not just the thread.

I do apologize if I use the search function wrong, but I did look for some additional instructions as I searched
Key Word(s): How to use the search function
Author: Nick
Result: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...-spare!?highlight=how+use+the+search+function

OK, leave it with me I will try and implement Google Search at the top right :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can you do anything about the size of Mars Bars? They're getting smaller!!

Godiva

J

Jack Griffin

How about restricting threads to say 5 pages as the thread usually dies about then.
It's difficult to read all relevant posts on threads above 5 pages.
It will force people to start a new thread and reset the logic.

F**k off, I have high hopes one day that massive Pompey thread will be dwarfed by a mega controversial topic.

Nothing like a good debate where clever, acerbic, thick and downright rude posters vie for attention. :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
F**k off, I have high hopes one day that massive Pompey thread will be dwarfed by a mega controversial topic.

Nothing like a good debate where clever, acerbic, thick and downright rude posters vie for attention. :whistle:
Aren't the council cutting down on internet usage? You wouldn't get to the end of it ;)

Samo

Naked Ladies.

Joy Division

I'd like to see a "He's done you there" button at the bottom of each post.

King of the Lesbians

Is it possible to get that 'go to first new post' button working?
Just got back from my holibobs, clicked on the season ticket sales thread and it started off at posts from a few hours previous.

Oh, and yes...my holibobs *was* longer than a few hours...

Sick Boy

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but maybe some kind of news or blog section where members could submit their ramblings could be a good idea?

Nick

Administrator
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but maybe some kind of news or blog section where members could submit their ramblings could be a good idea?

Its easy for me to turn this into a full blown news site rather than just the forum but just couldnt get the content before so it looked dead, if people wanted to volunteer they are more than welcome and could sort something out for the adverts on those pages.

Each member can blog if they want to :) http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/blog.php

Each user has a gallery - http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/album.php

Users who are viewing this thread