What are you currently listening to? (2 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've been enjoying this a lot recently. It makes me feel like a redneck, in a good way!

I remember hearing this years ago, but by the Beach Boys. Yeah, it kinda makes you feel sorta Rednecky!

Gazolba

Wanda Jackson - "Please Help Me I'm Falling", 1963:

Gazolba

Wanda Jackson - "Wasted", 1956:

SkyBlueSoul

Automatic for the the People by R.E.M. but in Dolby Atmos which is mind blowing. I'm very lucky that a) it's one of my favourite albums and was mixed in Atmos for the 25th anniversary edition and b) I have access to professional audio studios with an Atmos setup.

It's like surround sound on steroids. Whereas 5.1 is 5 speakers (front left/right/centre, rear left/right) and 1 subwoofer, Atmos is 7.1.4 with 2 speakers immediately left and right added to the 5, 1 sub again and 4 above. It basically puts you inside a dome of sound and allows for greater separation of the instrumentation so tracks really jump out at you. Things like the strings in Nightswimming swelling from behind you and over the top of your head is spine-tingling.

bringbackrattles

Have you ever looked through your record collection and found an album you had no idea you had it, or where it came from ?
Well I've got on vinyl an album by : the The titled : Soul Mining. Says from 1983.
Can't wait to play it as I recall they were a decent band.

Philosorapter

Here's my offering for the night.

Interesting cover to say the least.

Houchens Head

Nice Sunday evening chill-out to a fabulous album by one of my new favourite bands. The album is "In A Perfect World" by Kodaline, a brilliant Irish band. I've probably posted this before because I've got it on a lot!
Kodaline - In A Perfect World.jpg

Houchens Head

I've finally got myself a turntable to play my vinyl on. A second hand shop in Bell Green, sell all sorts of stuff and they had a nearly new turntable on offer for 30 quid.
Only got it this afternoon but just been playing the Stones and The Kinks to see how it sounds. Well pleased !
Good speakers, I suppose?

Gazolba

Some of my vinyl sounds great, but a few sound crap. Probably been so long in their sleeves they are past their sell by date !
I don't think being in a sleeve or even age hurts a vinyl record.
What hurts them is playing them with a poor or worn stylus.
Also greasy fingers, dust or scratches.
If you are getting them from charity shops, it's pot luck how they have been treated by previous owners.

Mcbean

Note for Grendel - going to see Hawkwind in Jan - was joking about Stacia With my mate who used to dance in front of them in the buff - well she’s back making guest appearances but maybe a lot older and some parts a good deal nearer the floor- can you imagine what effect she had in a 15 year old boy

Last edited:

Gazolba

Sakkarin (Jonathan King) - "Sugar Sugar":

bringbackrattles

Really enjoying playing my vinyl. Listening at the moment to The Seer by Big Country.
Saw them twice at the Hummingbird club in Brum great live band. Good album.

Mcbean

Really enjoying playing my vinyl. Listening at the moment to The Seer by Big Country.
Saw them twice at the Hummingbird club in Brum great live band. Good album.
Was that while Stuart Adamson was alive ? They (the remainders)will be at this Butlins gig in January that I’m going to buy the current line up don’t get good reviews ?

bringbackrattles

Was that while Stuart Adamson was alive ? They (the remainders)will be at this Butlins gig in January that I’m going to buy the current line up don’t get good reviews ?
Yes Adamson was on top form at both concerts. Shocked at his passing back then. Didn't think they were still going.

bringbackrattles

Looked through my vinyl collection and found a Queen album. Can't recall buying it but just listened to the whole album. Jazz is the title. Never been a big fan of them, but enjoyed this.

hill83

Note for Grendel - going to see Hawkwind in Jan - was joking about Stacia With my mate who used to dance in front of them in the buff - well she’s back making guest appearances but maybe a lot older and some parts a good deal nearer the floor- can you imagine what effect she had in a 15 year old boy View attachment 13379

mate, some people use this forum at work

CanadianCCFC

I just discovered Elton John thanks to The Office (US) :)
Edit: Obviously I knew who Elton John was before but I’m discovering more of his music.

Users who are viewing this thread