What are you currently listening to? (7 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

BBR look out for Free Live - its a great album - live Mr Big and Riding on a pony ! - you may have it
Cheers for that. No I haven't got that. When I was in HMV I asked if they had Fire And Water on vinyl ? As I've only got it on CD. But they didn't but I'll get it online soon. What a band !

NorthernWisdom

This turned up in the post (I know! I still buy CDs!) the other day.

Lead song is this.

So, Grand Slam were a band formed by Phil Lynott in between Thin Lizzy splitting up, and his death. The album has re-recordings of songs written during that time, along with some new ones. Don't know what to make of it really, whether it's cynical cashing in, or tribute?

Whatever, the guitarist is pretty good, and the songs aren't bad really. It's a lot better than I feared, having seen a bit of a dodgy 'reunion' in Bilston a few years back.

bringbackrattles

As I'm a huge fan of the band Free I was listening to them on vinyl last night, and came to the conclusion that their music was/is a mixture of Blues, Rock, Soul, and a with a touch of Pop. Put that lot together and in my opinion you had the complete band.

Gazolba

The Creation - "Painter Man":

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

On the round today a customer said as it's Christmas and that I'm a music fan, he said I could have 2 vinyl albums he reckoned I'd like ? He passed me in a plastic bag " Hunky Dory by Bowie, and The John Lennon Collection, 17 tracks of his greatest songs. I was gobsmacked.
Usually you get a tip or a box of biscuits !
I said are you sure you want me to have them ? He replied of course take them and enjoy. I'm Still buzzing and will play them later.

Gazolba

Kenny Lynch - "Misery" (Lennon and McCartney composition):

Gazolba

Helen Shapiro - "Little Miss Lonely":

Gazolba

The Only Ones - "Another Girl, Another Planet":

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Finishing off the day with Tuba Skinny .
Sky Blue Daz like most of your selection especially the Dubliners and Saw Doctors but draw the line at Flannigan and Allen unless it's Run Rabbit Run.Houch went to school with Dave Beech original Drummer in Jigsaw great guy always playing two rulers on the desk in class drove the teachers mad (died 2007) .Gazolba seen most of your choices live at The Coventry Theatre (Hippodrome) .Used to see 3 or 4 top acts on the same night think it cost about £5.​

Last edited:

Gazolba

The Bandwagon - "Breakin Down the Walls of Heartache":

Gazolba

The Show Stoppers - "Ain't Nothing But a House Party":

Gazolba

The Beau Brummels - "Just a Little":

Users who are viewing this thread